Awesome stuff you've just bought (+pics please)

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
soprano1

Re: Awesome stuff you've just bought (+pics please)

Post by soprano1 »

drauch wrote:Haha! Man, I really love ANGRY monsters that destroy everything. Like, Godzilla and friends destroy stuff when it's in their way due to their size, but I like it when they're just pissed. Like when the Creature runs amok on land in Revenge of the Creature from the Black Lagoon. He just starts smashing boxes and flipping cars and stuff 'cause he's PISSED. Or APE from, uh... APE when he throws a helicopter against a mountain and then flips it off! Probably the angriest monster.
Spoiler
Ah, another kaiju fan I see.
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
rancor

Post by rancor »

drauch wrote: Perhaps a bit esoteric, but I got this siiiick figure of my favorite anti-hero, The Oily Maniac today.
That is fucking incredible. Both the film and the figure. I love it that I'm pushing 40, and am still being introduced to old things that look completely awesome that I've never seen or heard of before. Will try to find that film and watch it. Glad to see you're still around as well, sweetie. 8)
drauch

Post by drauch »

I'll always be here for you, babe ;)
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

if i was a gay i would shag u then steal that oily maniac figure drauch :lol: :oops: i guess i am a gold digger
drauch

Post by drauch »

Why dig gold when you can strike oil? Shag away! 8)
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

well they do call it black gold :lol:
i think i would look at that figures face all day.his anger and pain remind me of mine
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

What a lovely find of a cheap DVD series! Here I was looking for affordable print of the fabled Théâtre du Châtelet staging of Trojans (conducted by sir John Eliot Gardiner), to find it not exactly rare, but somewhat steeply priced at first (on Blu-ray and DVD alike). Hence I dug an inch deeper and here it is, jolly-cheap at that. Admittedly, more expensive prints tend to come with English subtitles, but - let's face it - few buy those for any particular subtitles to boot.

Oh boy, San Francisco Opera... Despite sharing Joyce DiDonato as Romeo with the recent Zürich Opera House staging of I Capuleti e i Montecchi, let me tell you this: the latter makes for a much more watchable DVD (Zürich one, that is). So watchable, in fact, I still can't think of a better introduction to this kind of experience. San Francisco one did not yet have that benchmark to touch when it was new, in all fairness, but the contrast between those two was quite a shock to the system.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Zyuranger, Boi!
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Dochartaigh wrote:If you happen to see any Avenue Pad 3 controllers in good condition please let me know - I'm looking for 1 or 2 and I don't feel like buying ~30 year old questionable condition ones from Japan for like $30/each! (returns may be difficult with me in the USA ;) Had the TurboTap delivered last night and along with those pins ordered the correct DIN plug to convert the PC Engine controllers over to USA plugs (instead of using those cord extenders which I don't care for).
I have a boxed 3 I've been meaning to unload for a long time. I'll be honest, was unpleasantly surprised when I got it as I found the D-Pad quite stiff and not at all the same as the stock controllers' (which are excellent) despite looking such. It is what it is. PM me if you want to talk.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

BrianC wrote:Image

Zyuranger, Boi!
One of my favourite OP songs in the Super Sentai series: JEWRANGER! JEWRANGER! :lol:
ryu

Post by ryu »

I bet this is gonna get me headaches.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

So it begins....outgrew my 12x8, then my 16x16, now onto their biggest with 32 inputs and 32 outputs: Extron Crosspoint 450 Plus 3232 HVA (dealers price was $21,075.65!).

Don't have nearly that many consoles to plug in, but I loop all my converters, scalers, transcoders, etc. back into the Crosspoint so that takes up a lot of slots.

Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Jesus fuuuuuuuuckeeen chriiiiiiii :O :O :O
ryu

Post by ryu »

i keep blinking but that matrix isn't getting any smaller. something's broken

(i wish i had that kind of space)
(actually i should just build my own rack to fix that problem)
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

:shock:
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

i thought it was an analogue synth at first too :shock:
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Ho. ly. fuk. :O

That thing is monstruous!
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

I love that there is only one thing plugged into it :lol:
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

Immryr wrote:I love that there is only one thing plugged into it :lol:
lol. That was me testing that the SCART to BNC breakout cables actually reach from the left to the right, and the top to the bottom (for the audio). The plugs are a lot more spread out than the smaller ones. Everything will fit, but I had to buy some 6" BNC extenders for the very few VGA (RGBHV) breakouts I have which won't quite reach over for the vertical sync (just a couple inches too short).

It's going to be a friggin mess of wires. I can keep everything organized all around it (have like 8 consoles below the Crosspoint in the server rack), but where all those cables go into the back of the Crosspoint it's just insane...
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Invest in some cable ties? Might be worth it if you aren't often swapping cables in and out. Can't be too expensive after buying that thing .. :lol:
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

Udderdude wrote:Invest in some cable ties? Might be worth it if you aren't often swapping cables in and out. Can't be too expensive after buying that thing .. :lol:
$130 shipped! And I literally have 1,000 zip ties of all sorts. Really digging the releasable ones (although I can only use those every like 5 holes down the length of my server rack which has the bigger screw openings).
svensonson

Post by svensonson »

how many outputs will you actually use on this? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Xer Xian

Post by Xer Xian »

@Dochartaigh: Next time get the one with the fancy control panel here :mrgreen:
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

Xer Xian wrote:@Dochartaigh: Next time get the one with the fancy control panel here :mrgreen:
No joke, I almost did - the Matrix 3200/6400 series was going for real cheap...but I think (not positive) you need a separate HUGE unit (just like mine) for each individual Red, Green, Blue + Sync + Audio....and there was literally zero information about it online. Like zilch. I even made posts on 3x high-end Audio/Video forums and after a month (and bumping the post even) not a single person replied to answer my pretty simple questions so I passed on getting the units.

I am looking into how to control my 3232 with a Crestron LCD touch screen panel via the Simple Instruction Set (programming/commands) protocol (there was even an iPhone App - now discontinued and unavailable for download - to control your unit which was hooked into your network via ethernet ;)
cicada88

Post by cicada88 »

Cleaned up the box of a Rockman Famicom

Before

After
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Analog Super NT
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

BrianC wrote:Image

Analog Super NT
Oh boy, oh boy! :)
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

love this game and i don't see myself ever buying a disk system so..... here it is on gba. the packaging on these games is even better than i thought it was going to be!

BIL

Post by BIL »

Yeah, they're kinda arrestingly diminutive in person - the cart's inner box reminds me of an After Eight mint. :mrgreen:

Killer game, ofc. Glad to see it get another fan!
cicada88 wrote:Cleaned up the box of a Rockman Famicom

Before
[img]

After
[img]
Looking good! I seem to see a lot of harrowingly stained-up Rockmen 1 & 2... CIB FC stuff is scarce to begin with of course, but typically I can at least find stuff in decent nick, if by no means at sane prices. SMB3 seems to appear in significantly abused nick more often than not too, and it's obviously no rarity. I waited ages for a nice Highway Star and that one goes for peanuts too.

I've got a few price-tagged FC/SFC boxes I've just left as-is, most notable probably Bio Metal. Wasn't confident I could remove 'em without committing a game collector war crime. TBH I don't mind them, or a distinguished bit of edge wear, but not stains man. Those creep me out. Used =/= Abused!