PVM with broken/stuck on Power switch

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
magus90

PVM with broken/stuck on Power switch

Post by magus90 »

Hey Guys,

I just got a 2004 20l2MD shipped to me. Yes i know dangerous, but i have had 2 shipped before no issue.

Well this one came and it is in pristine shape, but somehow it got damaged in shipping. The front panel ripped off and the on button is stuck in the on position.

It works, and turned on when i plugged it in.

Can this be fixed easily? I am really nervous to take it apart and the only CRT repair shop near me had no idea what a PVM even was.

I can always just use an isobar, but am worried eventually this could cause damage or the power switch could eventually stop working and shut off.

Thanks for any advice

The seller will return it through ebay, but shipping this thing is going to be a pain and i am worried if it gets more damage on the way back i will be responsible.
mvsfan

Re: PVM with broken/stuck on Power switch

Post by mvsfan »

you can probably find that switch on ebay, or a big electronics retailer like digikey.com.

theres no way id send the monitor back if it works good. using a power strip to turn it on isnt going to hurt anything.

if anything, it will save you a bit of electricity.
magus90

Post by magus90 »

mvsfan wrote:you can probably find that switch on ebay, or a big electronics retailer like digikey.com.

theres no way id send the monitor back if it works good. using a power strip to turn it on isnt going to hurt anything.

if anything, it will save you a bit of electricity.
Thanks! Does it matter which power strip? I seen a few people mention Isobars like this one below. But would a good quality Belkin work totally fine as well?
https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Prote ... ector&th=1

Thanks again
mvsfan

Post by mvsfan »

Tripp lite is good. Or Panamax. you want something with surge protection ideally.

also, I meant that you can probably find your actual monitor switch on ebay or digikey. youd just have to take it out and take a good look at it and match it up to one there.