Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Immryr

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by Immryr »

Udderdude wrote:
WelshMegalodon wrote:Virtually no one in the Internet is selling a decent arcade stick used at more than $10 below retail.

I remember last year when a game store in my area was having a 50% sale on used sticks... maybe I'm just cheap for not having been able to spend $70 on a Hori RAP when even tween shits and broke millennials buy iPhones. In my defense, I already have a pad.

Meanwhile, the cheapest analog flight stick out there is something like $16. I mean, I guess I should get around to playing TIE Fighter...
Yeah, after MadCatz died and the FGC revival faded away, the wellspring of cheap sticks dried up, too. Should've got one while they were everywhere and dirt cheap.
The newer mayflash ones are good, cheap and just as easy to mod as madcatz.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

WelshMegalodon wrote:Virtually no one in the Internet is selling a decent arcade stick used at more than $10 below retail.

I remember last year when a game store in my area was having a 50% sale on used sticks... maybe I'm just cheap for not having been able to spend $70 on a Hori RAP when even tween shits and broke millennials buy iPhones. In my defense, I already have a pad.
I'm at the point where I think I will just be gutting my sticks and putting new PCB's (and obviously parts as needed:) in them depending on what I need.

Now that we're adults I think for the foreseeable future there will be a market for PCB's that are PC/current gen compatible. I don't see that changing anytime soon, and the PCB's are usually half the price of a new stick.

You're not cheap :)
My lord, I have come for you.
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

Mischief Maker wrote:Oh poor baby! Forced to play an absolute masterpiece of not only space sim design, but videogame narrative twist.
Any Star Wars fan worth his salt recognizes the greatness that is TIE Fighter, myself included. I just never got around to buying an analog flight stick is all (although it's since become a more attractive option, given that I could also use it to play Space Harrier). Not only that, but my Windows 98 machine is currently in storage without a monitor and no one knew about PCem when I attempted to play Lucasarts' flight sims in DOSBox six years ago, using a keyboard and mouse. (That went about as well as you'd expect. On that note, X-wing runs like a dream in PCem emulating a 486DX2-50. Silky smooth.)
Immryr wrote:The newer mayflash ones are good, cheap and just as easy to mod as madcatz.
Just took a quick look... I've heard many stories about lower-end Hori and Qanba sticks experiencing input failure after a few months of regular use, so it's surprising to see fairly positive reviews across the board for the Mayflash F300.
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
BIL

Post by BIL »

I'm not into Star Wars much but this makes my boner scream and rage. Shmuppin as fuck, down to the BGM.

Everyone's probably seen it already but it was news to me a few months back so just passing it along.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

Mischief Maker wrote: The only game that surpasses it is Freespace 2. You have played Freespace 2, right?
i'd really like to play freespace 2, but i've never played any space/flight sim games before and as someone who has never really got into pc games seeing something like this is pretty terrifying:

http://isometricland.net/keyboard/chart ... y=15&lay=1
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

When you specifically go for the slightly more expensive eBay seller because they specify that their shipping doesn't include tracking, place your order, and the next day you get a tracking number >_>
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

uh? why don't you want one?
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Customs... :)
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

ah yeah that makes sense. ^^

personally I've become paranoid and always opt for tracking unless it's a very cheap thing.

(yeah cost me dearly two or three times, but a lost package can amount to a much greater loss)
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

All the packages I've ever lost had tracking, and it didn't save me anything.
PFG 9000

Post by PFG 9000 »

Wait, I don't get what difference it would make if your package has a tracking number when going through Customs. Explain it to me slowly with small words, please.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Why is it every time people on the steam forums start discussing legit bugs, that guy has to show up.
You only have [bug] because your hardware is inferior! My setup is quite beastly and I never encounter [bug].
Then someone else talks about [bug] on their i9 with a 1080ti system.
Just having good hardware doesn't mean you can run everything, you have to know how to use it!
And so on and so on. Jesus Christ I hate that guy.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

dat gui
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

This is also why I still can't embrace PC gaming.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Code of Princess ported to Switch
dev be like:
- oh since we got higher resolution to work with let's set the camera further away and broaden the view!
- the sprites are now tinier than a MD beat'em up ? what's the problem with that ? you can see 1/3 of the screen where's there's no action now, isn't that more important ?

^ every dev making a 2d sidescroller in hd format. morons.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Installed RetroArch on my SNES mini to play some GBA stuff on the big screen. Games are picked up on the game list, but kick back to the menu when I start them. RetrArch starts, but doesn't seem to find anything outside of the folder it's installed in. Been messing around with it for too long and my head is about ready to explode, yet every guide I've seen makes it look the simplest thing ever .
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Stormwatch

Post by Stormwatch »

I was trying to find some videos of Unigine benchmarks to compare different GPUs. As it turns out, people keep using custom settings.

GODDAMN MORONS, IF THE SETTINGS ARE CUSTOM, THE RESULT WILL BE DIFFERENT AND THE NUMBERS WILL MEAN NOTHING. USE THE GODDAMN PRESETS!!! :x
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Stormwatch

Post by Stormwatch »

Nope, tried that. They have no numbers for the cards I wanted to compare - GTX 650ti and GTX 680.

This comparison is probably reliable, though. Could be a neat low-cost upgrade for me.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Not quite "annoyed", more like "bewildered"

But people are posting "Our couple's waking-up routine" videos now? This is messed up. Wtf is this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t71eg6Tjauw and the likes

I already put into words my complete confusion in a comment under such a video, so I will just copy that (it's in french though, so I guess only Xyga and a few others will get it). But the gist of it is : "this is fucking weird... and why are you guys watching this?"

Last edited by FinalBaton on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

oui
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Durandal wrote:oui
Bonjour!
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

if you really want to shake irritating people like them, say you masturbate to their videos. :p
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Xyga wrote:if you really want to shake irritating people like them, say you masturbate to their videos. :p
Holy fuck hahahaha

They would find their videos less cute all of a sudden
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

" mmh that toothbrush sequence! *fap fap fap* "

just picture them reading that

or better you make a super trashy parody video reply (some hilarious dude had a channel like that)
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Xyga wrote:" mmh that toothbrush sequence! *fap fap fap* "

just picture them reading that
would make them feel uneasy af, I like it. I might do that under another account :twisted:
Those type of vids are voyeurism to begin with, maybe posts like that will make them realize this haha
Xyga wrote:super trashy parody video reply (some hilarious dude had a channel like that)
Nice!
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

FinalBaton : I agree with your post. That kind of video really seems to serve no other purpose than stroke their ego and seek validation. Looks like an internet reality-show.
Also, these videos are going to be very weird later on, after the two of them inevitably break up. :mrgreen:
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

M.Knight wrote:FinalBaton : I agree with your post. That kind of video really seems to serve no other purpose than stroke their ego and seek validation. Looks like an internet reality-show.
exactly!
M.Knight wrote:Also, these videos are going to be very weird later on, after the two of them inevitably break up. :mrgreen:
Will it ever :mrgreen:
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

What's French for "Ooh, nice. Watching this video makes me feel like I'm a Stephen King-esque stalker inside your walls. Thanks for helping me fulfill one of my fetishes."?
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Specineff wrote:What's French for "Ooh, nice. Watching this video makes me feel like I'm a Stephen King-esque stalker inside your walls. Thanks for helping me fulfill one of my fetishes."?
That'd also be a funny line to drop in their comment section :lol:
-FM Synth & Black Metal-