Nin Nin Game - Any experiences using this import seller?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
neorichieb1971

Nin Nin Game - Any experiences using this import seller?

Post by neorichieb1971 »

For the past month i've been really excited to go to Japan. Since game shopping is going to be one of my highlights I used Nin nin games price list to compare to ebay just so I could write that shit down and compare to the Akihibara prices.

Of course I come across some games on my wanted list and I decided to purchase one for the "buyers experience". They cancelled my order stating it could not be fulfilled. I am speculating but my guess is that they didn't want to sell the title for the price it was listed. Since this order was cancelled I had already ordered a 2nd game (different one). I sent an email stating I ordered the first game for the buyers experience and that I am not impressed.

Anyone else shopped with them? I saw their website with shop in Osaka, it looks like a really small kinda place. Is it worth going to that shop in person? My Osaka hotel is like 3 blocks away.

Thanks for any feedbacks.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Kiken

Re: Nin Nin Game - Any experiences using this import seller?

Post by Kiken »

I had a good experience shopping with them just last year. Bought a P5 t-shirt and a bare cart copy of Last Resort (Neo Geo AES). The only real issue was that my bank kept blocking the online purchase so I had to call them (spent about 15 minutes on the phone with a rep) to personally authorize the expenditure. Everything went through after that... it should be noted to anyone paying in a currency other than Yen, your bank will most likely charge you a 3% currency conversion fee. It only took about a week for everything to show up (I'm on the east coast of the US).

I have about $25 in credit with them from that purchase (seems they give you 5% back in store credit). It should be noted that they have a tendency to list items that they don't have in stock but may be able to source. You have to make sure that the item you want is something they actually have.

Here's some quick video of their store: https://youtu.be/zPtDm0G8RB8
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Awful experience for me. They actually didn't have the item in stock and didn't know when they could get any, cancelled order, late refund and not even full, real struggle with shit communication to finalize.
That was about 2~3 years ago don't remember exactly, I want to forget.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
ifog

Post by ifog »

Xyga wrote:Awful experience for me. They actually didn't have the item in stock and didn't know when they could get any, cancelled order, late refund and not even full, real struggle with shit communication to finalize.
That was about 2~3 years ago don't remember exactly, I want to forget.
Exactly the same experience in 2014.
I even remember the excuse they gave me: "Amazon can't provide us the games" .... :evil:
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Hmm, doesn't sound good does it. Sounds like they act as some sort of scouting service. You order game at inflated price, they source it cheaper from Denden Town and sell it on to you.

Its a great idea but executed poorly. All it would take is for them to actually update the website. The item I bought is now offically OOS at the web site.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

The worst online transaction I've ever had. They didn't have the item (or didn't want to sell it at the price they listed) and didn't respond to any emails... not until I opened a PayPal dispute. Keep in mind I waited over two weeks for some kind of notification or response before taking any action. Then I was told they would not issue a refund until I closed the dispute.

When I refused I was told to "have fun waiting for PayPal to issue a refund". The guys responses were amazingly horrible for a retailer (or anyone really). The lady I spoke to on the phone with PayPal couldn't believe the things he said in the responses.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Joe T.

Post by Joe T. »

It was a long time ago, but I had a similarly terrible experience with them. Never received the stuff I ordered and never received any communication regarding my order or cancellation request until I filed a PayPal dispute.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

It would appear that I got exceedingly lucky when I dealt with them. Probably best not to tempt fate with another order.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

My CC company sent me this -
Dear Mr Xmen

Thanks for your message.

The disputed amount of £4.21 taken for currency conversion fees will be removed from your account. This will show as a credit on a future statement.

Kind Regards,

bhanu.verma
Customer Service Advisor
Barclaycard Customer Services
My CC looked after me.