vasara hd

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
charlie chong

vasara hd

Post by charlie chong »

http://www.qubyteinteractive.com/games/vasara/
https://gematsu.com/2018/03/vasara-hd-c ... onsoles-pc

nice to see more obscure shooters being re-released .paging bullet magnet :lol:

edit early 2019 release what a cock tease :x
Udderdude

Re: vasara hd

Post by Udderdude »

Wonder how "HD" this is going to be. Maybe they still have the original 3D models from 2001 lying around? Or are they going to re-create everything from scratch?
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

Going to keep an eye on this one for sure :)
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Udderdude wrote:Wonder how "HD" this is going to be. Maybe they still have the original 3D models from 2001 lying around? Or are they going to re-create everything from scratch?
Or they're gonna pull a Chrono Trigger :P
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

pc wins again
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Sumez wrote:
Udderdude wrote:Wonder how "HD" this is going to be. Maybe they still have the original 3D models from 2001 lying around? Or are they going to re-create everything from scratch?
Or they're gonna pull a Chrono Trigger :P
I feel like if they were going to half-ass it, it'd be just kicked out the door with little fanfare.
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

This is a nice surprise. Vasara games have a cool theme and I like the charge-up melee attacks. I hope there's an arrange mode included, mostly to remove excessive boss milking which is my only real complaint.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
Metalsludge

Post by Metalsludge »

This is a bit out of the blue. Glad to see older games getting some attention this way on occasion. I too wonder how the HDing will be done and what modes of play may be added. Maybe if this makes money we will get some others.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Vasara games seemed pretty cool from what little I've played of them, so this could be pretty nice.

But man, all these out-of-nowhere re-releases and such lately :lol: what's next? Hacha Mecha Fighter HD? The long awaited Zing Zing Zip 2?
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

mamboFoxtrot wrote:what's next? Hacha Mecha Fighter HD?
Yes plz!!!! 8)
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

charlie chong wrote:paging bullet magnet
Dangit, I KNEW I shoulda hung onto my old beeper!

In seriousness, this is definitely not a development I was expecting, but it's certainly more than welcome - if nothing else modern society needs to understand what warring states-era Japan was REALLY like. I can't imagine a physical release is in the cards unless Limited Run or some such outfit shows interest, but great news either way, assuming they do the games justice.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

With the recent Dreamcast releases of Ganryu and Breakers as well, I guess someone has been selling out a bunch of Visco licences?

How long before we see Goal! Goal! Goal! 2? Or the long awaited HD remake of Western Kids.
blackoak

Post by blackoak »

That's great news. I used to own Vasara, but never made a lot of progress in it and eventually sold it. Will be fun to revisit. Now M2 just needs to get on Batrider and Bakraid...
shmuplations.com - translated game developer interviews and more
support shmuplations on patreon!
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

irem stuff is coming to ps4 as well via hamster with r-type and ninja spirit already announced. it's good to be able to support this stuff and not have to resort so much to flash carts and teh romz
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

charlie chong wrote:edit early 2019 release what a cock tease :x
I know, right? Why do we have to wait that long for this compilation to be released?
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

hopefully out for the PS4 some time in the future pls pls pls pls
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

xxx1993 wrote:
I know, right? Why do we have to wait that long for this compilation to be released?
I think a better question is why they announced it so early. I doubt they're going to have a year-long promotion campaign to drum up hype.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
waiwainl

Post by waiwainl »

xxx1993 wrote: I know, right? Why do we have to wait that long for this compilation to be released?
They probably came up with the idea at the coffee corner, made a vid and are porting MAME to the consoles as we speak.
Visit: https://shmu.ps
Experience the National Video Game Museum in the Netherlands
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Don't forget the 2xeaglewaifu filter or whatever those are called nowadays, to justify the "HD" moniker.
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

dont forget the 2x douche pcb collecteur filter either :lol:
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Well, hope they port more obscure shmups to consoles at this rate.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Always had a soft spot for these, if mostly aesthetic. More flying motorcycle decapitations please. And DEFINITELY more [my name is] tags for when I CHOP A MOTHERFUCKER IN HALF LIKE HE A FUCKIN SPRING ROLL Image
Spoiler
BANZAIII
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

xxx1993 wrote:Well, hope they port more obscure schmups to consoles at this rate.
What rate? The "spend more than a year figuring out how to deploy Vasara roms packed with a MAME frontend" rate?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I don't know. If anything, I at least want games like Operation Tiger and Locked 'n Loaded to get proper emulation for once.
ReDiR

Post by ReDiR »

Bananamatic wrote:pc wins again
pc always sucks
clippa

Post by clippa »

I've seen this guy popping up on the shmups reddit and the steam forums. He plays on pc quite a lot for someone who absolutely loathes the platform.
Not sure if he's a troll or just "a bit of a character" but his main shtick consists of bigging up the ps4, trashing pc, and insisting that jamestown is the best game ever made.

Reddit might be a little pc-centric but the shmups subreddit is totally platform agnostic and it's weird that he keeps trying to drum up petty playground rivalries on there.

His first post on here was voting for jamestown in the annual poll and his second was "pc always sucks".
Hopefully we're not onto the second loop already with his third post.

Let's see what else you've got, redir!
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

clippa wrote:I've seen this guy popping up on the shmups reddit and the steam forums. He plays on pc quite a lot for someone who absolutely loathes the platform.
So you mean he's basically the inverted Banana (i.e. plays tons of arcade, but hates it)?

I don't get why people are so obsessed with hardware anyway. Just play the games.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

I've been playing Vasara for the past few days. Decent game. Maybe the HD will mean an actual remake.. doubt it though.

Vasara 2 feels much better, much more manuverable due to the smaller hitbox.
gray117

Post by gray117 »

xxx1993 wrote:
I'd think it's more about QUByte getting some catalogue up to show they're kicking and active.

The teaser is little more than 2 title logos. I'd be cautious about this graduating to an actual release until we see some proper progress and in game screens, but it is good to see these kind of titles getting any kind of a second look.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Just hope they don’t keep pushing it back, like Raiden or any game by Qute.