Prelude to the Apocalypse

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

Iran War. When.

6%
2022-2025
28%
2026-2030
13%
2031-2040
6%
2041-2050
No votes
Never
47%

Total votes: 53

Bananamatic

Re: Bush: 2017 Edition

Post by Bananamatic »

ok but how does a 19 year old kid with mental issues who keeps getting into problems at school get a gun legally
let alone the ar-15 meme rifle
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

It's a little something called FREEDOM!

In all seriousness, the weird thing about the gun debate in America is that the gun nuts are in the minority, but they're a zillion times more passionate than their opposition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsDtdusDk0Q
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Mischief Maker wrote:the weird thing about the gun debate in America is that the gun nuts are in the minority, but they're a zillion times more passionate than their opposition.
And, as my current sig (among many, many other subsequent things) attests, have no qualms about using a time like this to gleefully troll the hell out of everyone else. Truly, nothing is ever serious enough to get in the way of yet another yeaaahh fuck yooouu yeeaaahhh moment.

EDIT: At least he's not exploiting the tragedy for personal gain or anything. :lol: Can you fucking imagine if Obama or Hillary had put something like that out (now, of course, we can rev up the inevitable "they talked about it afterwards, and even mentioned gun control sometimes, so it's basically the same thing!" clown car. :lol:)?
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Michael Flynn needs to sell his house to pay for his legal fees in Trump probe. Bwa ha ha.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03 ... probe.html

Make America Great indeed. A great load of Schadenfreude! BWA HA HA HA HA!
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

As much as I enjoy Trump squirming under the interrogation lamp, HUGE shoutout to the teachers' wildcat strike in West Virginia who just won a long overdue raise for public sector workers.

As devastating as the Janus SCOTUS decision will be to established unions, the first-amendment reasoning does open the door to the argument "illegal" strikes by government workers are actually 1st amendment protected free speech.

The current oligarchy of the US may be in for a taste of the more aggressive labor movements their grandfathers, who actually made the family money, had to deal with before the New Deal.

Then Erik Prince's mercenaries will be hired to union bust, Trump will start lobbing nukes, and it'll all turn into The Handmaid's Tale.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

It's been a full month since the record stock market dip, and the value of their bit coins for rich people has stayed flat since. (If you ignore the jackknifing up and down.)

When it craters later this year or the next, they're gonna squeeze us again. So many bailouts. People gonna be so mad.
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

Hmmm, somebody bumped this lovely thread. Well, I guess I'll post this: http://washingtonsblog.com/2018/02/real ... ussia.html

(note that "PVE" is eventually explained to be "preventing violent extremism")

Everyone beware, BM is now wielding the banhammer against people for wrongspeak viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62017
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

The thread was locked, but Sinful doesn't appear to be banned yet.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

ED-057 wrote:Everyone beware, BM is now wielding the banhammer against people for wrongspeak
If it was really my prerogative to ban everyone who I thought was spewing bullshit, I could have come down on far more frequent offenders than Sinful, many times over; for whatever it's worth, yeah, when you open topic after topic devoted to the most objectively ludicrous, self-interested nonsense you can find you're going to get some special attention. If you think that's tyrannical, take it to the admins. Or to Lord Soros. :lol:
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

BryanM wrote:It's been a full month since the record stock market dip, and the value of their bit coins for rich people has stayed flat since. (If you ignore the jackknifing up and down.)

When it craters later this year or the next, they're gonna squeeze us again. So many bailouts. People gonna be so mad.
And it went down some more as another one (of the advisers) bites the dust: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/ma ... 402454002/

Man, thank God it wasn't Clinton. It would be bad if it was happening with her in office, huh?
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

This year's elections would have been a cataclysm for democrats.

Let's hope the primaries give a significant blow to the bad dems. If Pelosi gets replaced by a good dem, blowjobs for everybody.
Ugh they did that thing that suggested random news has any impact on the price of bitcoins. It's just filler to pad out their word count. Such a massive waste of intellectual bandwidth for the human species as a whole.

If someone kept coming up to me every hour of my life claiming that stocks are down because Ricky Martin peed on a dog or whatever, I would really, really hate that person. Give people useful or interesting information, media.

... I'm the kind of person that'd yell at a TV when they'd preempt a show I was trying to watch to spend the hour telling me "hey! Hey. did u kno it is raining where u r rite now?" Thank god it's no longer the 90's.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

The best way to remember Gary Cohn's lasting impact on America is first with this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIkC0JTzRvU

Then this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ41JGJGxYs

BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

And, to confirm the conspiracy theorists' insistence that we're all acting under direct orders from Jane Fonda's latest cybernetic host body, an additional reminder to those still insisting that the Trump administration's policies (y'know, those things that can't be undone by deleting a tweet) are an unprecedented (and, even more hilariously, non-partisan :lol:) blow to The Big Bad Establishment.

EDIT: Bonus elitist-busting! It just never stops! :lol:
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

One of the darker jokes is that 2008 was just a bear trap

Youtube wrote:Reality has become a Tim & Eric sketch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSwqnR327fk
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Trump recently held a meeting about video game violence. One idea brought up there concerned new laws making it harder for children to buy violent video games. We don't need that sort of regulation. It would get annoying having to show ID to buy a video game or movie disc. At least the ESA was there to help with rebuttal.

Get this, the White House stole clips from some YouTubers' videos to make a montage of video game violence to show at the meeting. It shows some parts from Call of Duty MW2 (namely the No Russian scene), Fallout 4, COD Black Ops, & a few others. Some bits have a DM watermark... evidence of stolen content. I slapped a dislike on the video.

Trump should let the parents do the actual parenting. It's not like they need HIS help. He's got it all wrong. A right action to take would be to regulate gun purchases. There's no need for an AR-15 or other assault rifle to defend one's house.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

gameoverDude wrote: It would get annoying having to show ID to buy a video game or movie disc.
Back in the day when people bought physical copies of games, most stores had a policy that you had to show an ID to buy any M-rated game. It's really not the end of the world.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

It's not the end of the world if a store decides to do that. That's their prerogative.

It is the end of the world if a guy gets fined hundreds of dollars or sent to prison because he sold a copy of Mortal Kombat to a teenager at a flea market.

Fucking stupid idea when Hillary Clinton brought it up in the 90's, fucking stupid idea when Trump brings it up. Bunch of empty posturing to make elderly people who hate games feel good that their mascot hates the same stuff they hate. Violating the first amendment with baby snowflake regulations - sounds fantastic.

The government won't put money into getting lead out of the drinking water in the regions suffering from it - but they have plenty of time to waste our time and attention on a fucking press tour.

Isn't it good enough that we throw people in jail, destroy their lives, turn them into slaves, for getting high?
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Nothing new. Free moral outrage/panic, is catnip to governments.
It whips up (i.e entertains and validates) the retards, while attempting to silence and demoralise the more intelligent citizens, with hand wringing cries of,
"What is wrong with you? Where is your decency?!", "If you are not with us, you must be for violence/child abuse/hate/racism" etc.

The "think of the children" play, is always the bottom of the barrel/last card.

Then, when they have saved the children from violence, hate and racism, the next order of business is;
"Right! Lets get your children armed-up and send them off to kill some hateful brown people! We will bomb for peace and bring freedom and democracy to those poor folks!"
gameoverDude wrote:Get this, the White House stole clips from some YouTubers' videos to make a montage of video game violence to show at the meeting.
It quite extraordinary that at this stage it is not understood that of all the possible groups you could choose to exploit, misrepresenting gaming/gamer's in tone deaf, cheap, power plays,
is going to end very badly for the co-opting opportunists that seek gain through such deceit.

Mr.President, we have seen the face of the Wu!
We have annihilated organised Vidya Gaems jouno's!
We have trolled the WSJ to spend its time chasing Pewds!

Mr. President. Sir. Are you sure?

Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/b ... g-12165527
those goddamn "asians"
meanwhile uk cops are busy arresting people for saying wrong things on the internet

nice country you have there
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

BryanM wrote:It's not the end of the world if a store decides to do that. That's their prerogative.

It is the end of the world if a guy gets fined hundreds of dollars or sent to prison because he sold a copy of Mortal Kombat to a teenager at a flea market.

Fucking stupid idea when Hillary Clinton brought it up in the 90's, fucking stupid idea when Trump brings it up. Bunch of empty posturing to make elderly people who hate games feel good that their mascot hates the same stuff they hate. Violating the first amendment with baby snowflake regulations - sounds fantastic.

The government won't put money into getting lead out of the drinking water in the regions suffering from it - but they have plenty of time to waste our time and attention on a fucking press tour.

Isn't it good enough that we throw people in jail, destroy their lives, turn them into slaves, for getting high?
Exactly. Game ratings enforcement should be up to the stores' management, but the government should not butt in to that issue. More than several politicians have some majorly fucked up priorities. Hopefully one of the content owners whose video got plagiarized flags the White House's one for stealing their material. Right now that video now has 2.2K likes vs. 75K dislikes. I can see the dislikes going over 100K by midnight, easily.

OK, let's ban history classes in schools. You can't have kids hearing about war, Wild West outlaws, & all that shit.

Gotta love the massive amount of tax dollars that Trump wasted for that meeting. Gun control, hunger, clean water, etc. are more important. I don't think someone should be put in jail for riding the 420 train, unless they drive while stoned (in which case it's OVI). Just give them rehab.

Love your neighbor I suppose, but sometimes you have to call them an idiot out of earshot. Moral of the 2016 election story.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Another one bites the dust: Rex Tillerson is out as Sec of State, to be replaced by Pompeo from the CIA:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/us/p ... ompeo.html

Why can't they find people who'll synergize with the president, dammit? Why can't everyone be as interrigent, healthy and smrt as him?
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

I'm shocked John Kelly's still there. Looks like my mid-February prediction was premature. I'll still win the contest though, since no one else entered a date.

If he can last all through March, he'll have a one month longer lifespan than Priebus had and be the world record holder.
__

Dems doing their best to be nonviable.

It's neat this shows the propaganda gap - Republican propaganda is better at conveying any message about what democrats are, but only 33% better.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Forget all that shit, please, please PLEASE tell me everyone saw or heard about this absolutely pitiful exchange:

ROONEY: Now, I know some of my friends on the other side of aisle say that we can't just take people's testimony at their word—

BURNETT: Right.

ROONEY: —but I think, in this system, you have to assume that people are telling the truth.

Hey, we asked folks if there was collusion, they said no - sounds good to us! No verification needed - Case fucking closed! :lol:

Best part - no challenge whatsoever from Supah Dupah Librul CNN, sounds perfectly legit to them, too!

For the millionth time, I ask - can you fucking imagine if such a comment had been made - and allowed to stand unchallenged - during any of the roughly ten million Benghazi investigations (with possibly more still to come!)...yet somehow the Trumpskis still constantly get to play the victim on TV (and then proceed to complain how biased that is...while simultaneously calling everyone else "snowflakes"). This country is so, SO fucked. :lol:
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

BryanM wrote:I'm shocked John Kelly's still there.
I very much doubt he's gonna fire him because I think Trump is genuinely gay for Kelly.

Also they're totally aligned on the whole white supremacy front. Remember during the campaign when people said Trump couldn't dog whistle? No, he totally can, he just uses a different code book. The Reagan code book-using republicans like Newt Gingrich called Obama the "Food Stamp President." Trump instead uses the alt-right codebook and says Maxine Waters is "Low IQ" or Gary Cohn is a "Globalist." There's a reason Trump has such a stalker-like obsession with the center-right Obama.

Hey, whatever happened to that suicide pact between Tillerson, Mnuchin and Mattis?

gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Not too glad to see Mike Pompeo becoming Sec. of State, especially given that he has advocated military strikes against Iran, is a harsh critic of the Iran nuclear deal, & defends Trump's tariffs (Trade war? Great fucking idea, you bastard). He's too much of a hawk.

After his firing, Tillerson thanked the American people, his State Department staff, and the USA's diplomats- but NOT Trump. No surprise.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

It's just a matter of time until Bolton gets his turn again.

If this merry go round somehow picks Rice up off the floor, I would be very impressed.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Just for the record, Conor Lamb beat Rick Saccone by about 600 votes.

The Libertarian candidate got 1,379 votes.

Imagine if the Koch brothers didn't own the Republican party so Rs could show a tiny fraction of the rage at Libertarians that Democrats do at Greens.

dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

gameoverDude wrote:
BryanM wrote:It's not the end of the world if a store decides to do that. That's their prerogative.

Exactly. Game ratings enforcement should be up to the stores' management, but the government should not butt in to that issue. More than several politicians have some majorly fucked up priorities. Hopefully one of the content owners whose video got plagiarized flags the White House's one for stealing their material. Right now that video now has 2.2K likes vs. 75K dislikes. I can see the dislikes going over 100K by midnight, easily.

OK, let's ban history classes in schools. You can't have kids hearing about war, Wild West outlaws, & all that shit.

Gotta love the massive amount of tax dollars that Trump wasted for that meeting. Gun control, hunger, clean water, etc. are more important. I don't think someone should be put in jail for riding the 420 train, unless they drive while stoned (in which case it's OVI). Just give them rehab.

Love your neighbor I suppose, but sometimes you have to call them an idiot out of earshot. Moral of the 2016 election story.
What someone needs to do is show Trump a montage of all of the sexual content in the Witcher games. I've read about it on the esrb app-apparently the first Witcher games have sexual conquest cards. Are you kidding me? Trump would love that!: "WOW, look what you can do with these chicks!!!

There. Problem solved.
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

I'm afraid, like the picture of Afghan women in miniskirts, it would just inspire Trump to invade Poland.

BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Know your Trumps:

Barron is the fellow who'd be into fake women. Donald only likes fake breasts.
Imagine if the Koch brothers didn't own the Republican party so Rs could show a tiny fraction of the rage at Libertarians that Democrats do at Greens.
The Koch brothers are still only ~30% of the donor base. Even without them, the party at its core are still the sort of libertarians that want to repeal the new deal and bring back the company towns.

I try my best to ignore the corporate democrats as much as the republicans these days for sanity purposes. Clinton talking about how she won the "states that mattered" this week is blood boiling.