So wikipedia is heavily compromised these days

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Sinful

So wikipedia is heavily compromised these days

Post by Sinful »

Know folks complained of it's validity before, but these days it seems completely controlled by government and corporations. A none controversial example is The Last Jedi and how during it's theater money making days not one mention of the controversial Rotten Tomatoes audience score, but instead the audience score of CinemaScore (which if anyone believes is legit just from browsing a few seconds of their page... sigh, just watch this video; https://youtu.be/ZnU74y5g41o). This is Disney, now the biggest giant in entertainment, honestly think they'd let anyone tamper their 1.330 billion profits with a wiki edit of all things?

Haven't ever tried to make any edits myself, but recalled someone who has and they said those edits to their edits happen zip fast.
Pointman

Re: So wikipedia is heavily compromised these days

Post by Pointman »

I noticed this myself, the entry for The Last Jedi mentions nothing about the RT audience score and the controversy surrounding the fans take on the matter. In fact it makes a discerned point on critics saying it's the best Star Wars film since Empire...a far cry from what the public actually thinks. It seems to be somewhat cherry picked information, does Disney's claws reach as far as Wikipedia?
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

drauch

Post by drauch »

Great, another thread about Star Wars. -____-
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Sinful

Post by Sinful »

Just wanted to talk how it's becoming more and more apparent everything we're taught is a lie. There's a big push for only one narrative and censorship of free speech, haven't you all heard how YouTube is hitting channels going against the official story of the Las Vegas shooting as well as altering search algorithms for it.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Everything is a lie, just like the "race divide", or whatever other thread you created that isn't there anymore. Are you altering my search algorithms?
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
qmish

Post by qmish »

What bothers me, how they delete useful information using any excuses like "it doesnt have to be here"
KAI

Post by KAI »

I started giving a shit about wikipedia the day I read this crap:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_vi ... simulators
"Racing simulators are usually piloted exclusively from the interior driving view, as driving views from a perspective other than the driver's are considered arcade."
All the other non-fanboy articles on it are ok tho.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

We should let /pol/ rewrite wikipedia, no the entire internet, history!

We would finally know the TRUTH!

ps: don't have kids sinful. don't.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
BIL

Post by BIL »

Wikipedia lmao
KAI

Post by KAI »

The jap wiki is still the best thing invented by mankind, if only the english animu/manga/game articles were direct translations from the japanese version.
Last edited by KAI on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

use rightpedia
Pedro Lambrini

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Everything is heavily compromised by big business these days. Sad but true. All the promise of the truly democratic dissemination of knowledge that the internet showed in the early days sucked dry all in the pursuit of the almighty dollar. Like I said, sad but true. :(
It's Dangerous! It's Devious! It's...
Sinful

Post by Sinful »

Lets bring up the 2017 Las Vegas shooting wikipedia page;
Google and Facebook were criticized for displaying such false news stories in some of their search results.[69][76][77] The two technology companies were said to have failed in their responsibility of keeping false stories from reaching the public.[78] Facebook later said its algorithms were designed to detect and remove false stories, but failed to work adequately in this instance.[76]

In the aftermath of the shooting, some media outlets reported that YouTube search results for information about the shooting returned links to conspiracy videos. YouTube stated that it had tweaked its search algorithm to promote news sources which it considered more authoritative.
Lots of interesting footage on YouTube showing multiple sources for the gunfire, even seen footage of someone within the crowd pulling a weapon and shooting. But since they don't fit the "official" story, despite video evidence and eyewitnesses, all these videos are getting pulled down fast.

So plenty of evidence showing this is another false flag, down to there being a drill the day before.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Sinful, what are your thoughts on QAnon?
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Sinful

Post by Sinful »

Never heard of it. Maybe you should share your thoughts on it.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Sinful wrote:So plenty of evidence showing this is another false flag, down to there being a drill the day before.
Y'know what? I should have done this several threads ago. I've seen enough. Banned.