Shmups: PCB vs PC port vs Emulation?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Udderdude

Re: Aka & Blue Type-R (Exa Arcade 2018)

Post by Udderdude »

qmish wrote:PCB itself is computer. Just not a "personal". Same for consoles, too.

#stopsplittingapart
CV1000 Linux port when? I wonder if you can counterstop the boot sequence .. :shock:
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

pixelcorps wrote:How do you feel about AC hardware going PC based?
Will you say a game made by one of your favorite devs has less value simply because it's no longer on a dedicated board, or worse, on a home PC with the exact same spec, or better?

Just trying to see where you logic lies with this statement, given my last "percieved value" post..
A game designed to run in a certain way on a designated hardware is an original work. If the designer installs it on another hardware, it's should have another version number (see the PGM 2 version of DDP-DOJ). If you emulate it, it's an emulation. If you port it, it's a port. If you take a photo of a painting, it's a photo of that painting, not even a copy of that painting. It's distorted, a lie even. Are any of my statements false?

If you install Mac OS on a PC, it's not an Apple Macintosh, it's a hackintosh. Even if it runs faster and by all accounts is an improvement, it's still not a Apple Macintosh.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
pixelcorps

Post by pixelcorps »

emphatic wrote:
pixelcorps wrote:How do you feel about AC hardware going PC based?
Will you say a game made by one of your favorite devs has less value simply because it's no longer on a dedicated board, or worse, on a home PC with the exact same spec, or better?

Just trying to see where you logic lies with this statement, given my last "percieved value" post..
A game designed to run in a certain way on a designated hardware is an original work. If the designer installs it on another hardware, it's should have another version number (see the PGM 2 version of DDP-DOJ). If you emulate it, it's an emulation. If you port it, it's a port. If you take a photo of a painting, it's a photo of that painting, not even a copy of that painting. It's distorted, a lie even. Are any of my statements false?

If you install Mac OS on a PC, it's not an Apple Macintosh, it's a hackintosh. Even if it runs faster and by all accounts is an improvement, it's still not a Apple Macintosh.
So if a PC based arcade game is on a Home PC do you see any difference?
Xer Xian

Post by Xer Xian »

Whoa this thread :) but I blame the internet for the ruckus. I'd bet that if you guys were all in the same room you would all be chilling out :mrgreen:
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

shmups farm was a mistake
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Xer Xian wrote:I'd bet that if you guys were all in the same room you would all be chilling out :mrgreen:
Or something in-between love and hate like the farm's gay bdsm backroom ?
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

Udderdude wrote:Think this thread needs some shmup-flavored circles of hell.

1. Shitpost purgatory
2. Score worshippers
3. PCB completionists
4. Cellophane fetishists
5. Competition autists
6. Reimu's armpit enthusiasts
7. Cave contrarians, Raizing rank haters
8. Doujin shunners
9. Throne of the banned
First world problems , musings of the niche .
I love it :lol:
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

pixelcorps wrote:So if a PC based arcade game is on a Home PC do you see any difference?
Is it a port? If so, does it have practice mode or stage select, or any other port specific differences from the arcade game?
If it's the arcade game distribution that's made for a specific hardware, running on the exact hardware but with consumer BIOS yet the exact same OS/configuration as the home PC only inside a consumer brand casing, who knows all of the small differences you'd get just from such a tiny change? Even small frame drops not found on the original hardware due to even the slightest tweak makes a difference. This is why PC hardware isn't very popular with arcade collectors, it's finicky and fragile.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
orange808

Re: Shmups: PCB vs PC port vs Emulation?

Post by orange808 »

Hehe.

Xyga isn't always nice, but he's right.
We apologise for the inconvenience
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

i still can't believe all this fighting over a iphone doujin looking game ported to an overpriced arcade system on pc with shiny gold coins :lol:
fun times 8) banana was trolling you xyga i'm sure he doesn't care whether you leave or stay on the forums a single bit whereas you actually catch feelings over this stuff
its always xyga in a online fight with someone so being called an idiot by him is really upsetting to me :wink:
i still got love for you tho xyga.. yuo are very helpful in regards to advice with modern displays etc in the hardware forum so give me a kiss and lets have a hug :)
qmish

Post by qmish »

doujin looking game
I take it as compliment, then? Interface/menus/UI design is outstanding, and it doesnt have all that f2p gacha crap like gothic ma ohou me wtf cave lalala game etc.

also i dont recall doujin shmups cosplaying valkyrie chronicles artstyle before that :mrgreen:
Kraq

Post by Kraq »

charlie chong wrote:i still can't believe all this fighting
It's a generation gap thing. The Old Way vs the New Way.

I stand somewhere in between, and think that most of us, actually, do:

- No pause button should be obvious in a scoring run, but MAME in general is the most efficient practice tool. Even PCB owners build MAME cabs and buy consoles, so "no access to practice modes / save states" point is moot.

- In my view, the ideal way to approach shmups would be to practice with MAME and do score runs on PCB. I don't own PCBs solely because of the prices.

- I have no interest in building a full-fledged arcade cabinet, but do own an arcade stick and have been looking for affordable PVMs for some time. Would love to try one just to see what's it all about.

I'd be really surprised to learn this point of view is unique.

What I find a bit weird is that the discussion revolves around stuff so subjective that it should not really be discussed. Nostalgia is getting in the way. Younger guys don't have it, so they will obviously not feel the same way about the real arcades as the Old Way guys.

Now the question is: can the Old Way guys explain what was great about those, or is this stuff untrasferable: "you haven't been there, so you wouldn't get it".

Put another way, this is a question of whether the arcades, or any authentic hardware, are desirable only because people can relive their childhood (nostalgia, untransferable, discussion is pointless) or is there actual merit compared to PCs, LCDs, playing in home etc (objective value, can be explained).

People have made good points on both sides but emotions took over at some point.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Kraq wrote:It's a generation gap thing. The Old Way vs the New Way.
It's part of the issue but marginally so IMO, age doesn't really count also.
Kraq wrote:- No pause button should be obvious in a scoring run, but MAME in general is the most efficient practice tool. Even PCB owners build MAME cabs and buy consoles, so "no access to practice modes / save states" point is moot.

- In my view, the ideal way to approach shmups would be to practice with MAME and do score runs on PCB. I don't own PCBs solely because of the prices.

- I have no interest in building a full-fledged arcade cabinet, but do own an arcade stick and have been looking for affordable PVMs for some time. Would love to try one just to see what's it all about.

I'd be really surprised to learn this point of view is unique.
Nothing new here, the debate is as old as the community, even as old as MAME I would say, so it's not just a matter old vs new way.
Personally I don't care how people train, if in the end someone is able to perform as well as any other player in normal conditions then who cares how he got there?
Kraq wrote:What I find a bit weird is that the discussion revolves around stuff so subjective that it should not really be discussed. Nostalgia is getting in the way. Younger guys don't have it, so they will obviously not feel the same way about the real arcades as the Old Way guys.

Now the question is: can the Old Way guys explain what was great about those, or is this stuff untrasferable: "you haven't been there, so you wouldn't get it".

Put another way, this is a question of whether the arcades, or any authentic hardware, are desirable only because people can relive their childhood (nostalgia, untransferable, discussion is pointless) or is there actual merit compared to PCs, LCDs, playing in home etc (objective value, can be explained).

People have made good points on both sides but emotions took over at some point.
On both sides? lol no. Sorry I'll use the opportunity to add more rant but nobody's forced to read it.

I don't agree that it is subjective, I'll develop later but yes for now to me it smells like a case of people who got into the genre on the late being pointlessly prejudiced on many points against what they erronously perceive as an older demographics of players looking down on them saying 'we got it better and know better than you stfu'. They ignore or ridicule points from members who have a longer experience with the market of the games or simple hardware things that are commonplace, just telling them facts is perceived as condescension, just saying positive things about stuff they didn't experience because it happened a long ago which can't be helped, is seen as us making low of their personal entry and experience in the genre and hobby. Who's reacting emotionally?
Just try to:

- explain to them how the arcades market circuit meant more money for the developers from the start of business and trying to revive it is worth the trouble because potentitally good for the genre trickling down to other platfroms -> no fucks given. Steam pocket money and free developed games are enough! old rich elitists want to take our games away from us!

- explain it's wrong to say nothing was availabe before, that most everything was more affordable, that it wasn't an insane rich-only collectors joke like today and that everyone now is affected not just the late adopters of the genre/hobby -> no fucks given it's the dad's fault if everything is crazy expensive! (also ignoring that those who joined on the late were easily those accepting to pay insane prices the most, not the people already long into the hobby)

- explain no one here ever hated touhou games nor ignored doujin in general, quite the opposite we love shmups no matter the platform and circuit -> no fucks given

- explain low res games obviously look better on crt and are naturally more enjoyable that way, and anyone can build a 15khz setup for peanuts assuming he's not a lazy ass -> no fucks given. it's only useless nostalgic elitist old bourgeois bullshit!

- explain we care about emulation settings, flat panel displays, new methods and developed hardwares constantly disscussed on this forums in greater lenghts and depht than anywhere else because we care about all possibilities -> no fucks given. the community has a pcb/cab/crt fetish and bitches useless hipster details!

And I could go on with more of the bullshit that happened in threads like so-called cave fanboyism, assuming people don't play other games
(that's the most ridiculous thing, who the fuck do they think they are patronizing like that? they don't know shit about people's history as players and many of us were playing games when some of them were still sperm),
or calling the forums useless for talking shmups despite the library-worth of info accumulated over so many years on the genre and related topics, making low of members who don't take part in competition races for high scores, commanding which games are worth playing, which are shit, and calling those who like some of the latter 'problem members' for the community, etc etc
Wait. I am being the nazi here?

If there are people who are being divisive and stirring shit within the community, because of stubborn ignorance, misplaced jealousy and hubris, and will to bend the community's opinion to their narrow personal preference and taste, I'm fucking not one of them.
If still caring about the genre and community without pretense, welcoming all profiles whether casuals, hobbyists, or hardcore gamers, and not being happy looking at people smearing irrational shit over it or wishing for its death like they do, if being pissed off at this state of things and voicing it against them is being a nazi...then ok, fine! fuck reality, let's reverse everything! hand them high-pressure shit cannons and call them the Dadbusters. who you gonnna call ? Oh and following that logic why not appoint cee as admin of the farm?
Flinging endless streams of shit and throwing up the face of everyone and everything related to the genre, whith pauses only to paste some /pol/ actually nazi shit like it's nothing, would be fitting today's mentality. Apparently this is what people expect of the internet.

Yes in preparation we should just keep creating more piss-poor clones of the forums on discord or whatever, let everyone escape to private chatrooms and twitch-twatter where each individual can call around him only like-minded sheep focused on exclusively his preferences and opinions.
Then nuke the farm and all its material and knowledge, wiping some irrelevant old farts in the process, and replace it with a cool modern news-like frontpage talking exclusively about the handful of top players and streamers and steam discounts, and leave everyone else plebs disappear into comments boxes and tweets instead of participating to real valuable discussion threads with more than tweet-lenght useless reactions.
Yes it would all make much more sense than try to still care a little about the farm and wish it wouldn't disappear, right? Shmups is shuch a popular genre, like fighting games, right? erasing the forums definitely like they did with SRK won't make a scratch to the community and genre's popularity, right?... BWAHAHAHA.

@charlie: I simply didn't appreciate your negative focus on me out of nowhere, that's all, if you barge into an argument don't do it casually obviously skipping important parts of posts people make, you know it won't do good, right? as for the internet fights so what? if you don't care don't join the fight. And not everyone is like banana but for me he deserves the hate back for all its himself poured on the community already, and he's not trolling or rather he is but that's his natural state. Tunnel-vision, stubborn, unable to understand and accept others in the genre being here for different reasons, over-cynical and not giving any fucks yet happily coming back to give more shit, probably just when he's bored. Just don't be biased charlie and one-sidedly call me the toxic one here or a nazi, ffs who are we kidding?
I might have quit even trying to be nice and polite on the farm because I got tired of the shit mood I blame the party-poopers/community crashers for, but don't associate me with them, I don't log in here with "I will shit on everything you love" in mind. I mean there's /shmupsgutter/ for that, right?

@Kraq; you know what I did ignore is that a number of people actually hang around even being active on the forums, playing the same games, while at the same time sharing very little of what to me - and for sure to a lot of people since a very long time - makes the body and soul of the shmups community (and not just this one since there have been others though smaller and many shared interests accross several communities in arcades/retrogaming/emulation/etc for a long time)
Yes it was my ignorance that some people play shmups, post here, but actually don't give a fuck about a lot of things and people in the hobby, or even frankly despise them, even if it's for absurd reasons (like "I dont see the interest in arcades for the genre" -> plays almost exclusively arcade games :/)
It's normal that not everyone has the same background, and it's true the community used to have a number of stupid bitchy elitists, but today that mentality's mostly gone and it's now rather them, who happen to be part of a later genre-adopters group, who have become the new salty bitches.

But IMO it's too simple to call it a generations things, rather it's a subcultures/subcommunities clash of people who got into the hobby in sometimes radically different ways. Discovering shmups around 2010 is one thing, the peak era of the genre's revival and the retrogaming market were entering their sad descending phase.
Being interested exclusively in the scoring competition aspect of the genre is another. Also some are mainly interested in the dev side of things, or the studying the huge library of existing games, others have a particular interest in hardware and don't play a lot, even just music for some, etc.
We also have people who have known shmups only through Touhou before everything and who joined the generalist/mainstream shmups community and rapidly clashed with the still-quite-present cave bois. Even so futari brought a lot of new members including 2hu fans, etc but that late phase didn't last an eternity, when I joined here after staying in the french community for about a decade, I didn't realize immediately but obviously after a while it was clear that the market becoming close to barren and used games prices skyrocketing, the community's activity would decrease, and further realized; confrontational situations would rise in parallel.
A portion of the old members have chosen to put some distance and make their own little niche somewhere else on the internet, some just quit because of too few new games, used ones too expensive, life too busy, been there done that already, etc. Which leaves some here on super low activity, of which a portion turns acid.
Welp...

While I don't have a solution and well nothing's eternal anyway, sometimes you just have to accept that it's mostly over and be content with the tiny edible remains, the memories, and the people you can continue to hang out with.
Just; I'm not forced to like the hyenas circling the community biting its flesh with every opportunity. Fuck them.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Thank you xyga, for that beautiful rant.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Always been pro-Raizing pro-YGW, I love playing at max rant. :wink:

and fuck suicide

edit: btw charlie ok no prob *hugs* *fondles crotch* *stares* what
Kraq

Post by Kraq »

Xyga wrote:the arcades market circuit meant more money for the developers from the start of business and trying to revive it is worth the trouble because potentitally good for the genre trickling down to other platfrom
Xyga wrote:it's wrong to say nothing was availabe before, that most everything was more affordable, that it wasn't an insane rich-only collectors joke like today and that everyone now is affected not just the late adopters of the genre/hobby
Agreed. You mentioned it previously in this thread and it's quite interesting.
Xyga wrote:no one here ever hated touhou games nor ignored doujin in general, quite the opposite we love shmups no matter the platform and circuit
I wouldn't be so sure about the "no one ever" part, but I don't really care. I can see Touhou games are appreciated around here, doujin polls and all that.
Xyga wrote:low res games obviously look better on crt and are naturally more enjoyable that way, and anyone can build a 15khz setup for peanuts assuming he's not a lazy ass
Personally, I agree, and I've yet to hear a PVM user say "this looks like shit, back to my LCD". But I would be careful with phrases like "obviously look better" and "naturally more enjoyable". Recently I played Metal Slug 2 on an actual cab with a friend, who then said that it looked like crap and he preferred it on his flat panel. Now you can say that he has bad taste, does not know any better etc etc but it WILL come off as elitist. Which is also why I avoid shitting on corporate breweries when I'm hanging out with friends. Not everybody is into microbrews and you can't just tell people that there is one true way they have yet to comprehend. It's not truly objective, and even if it was, you're not going to convince anyone. It's just not productive to push this.

I would in fact be pissed if someone registered on a microbrew forum and claimed like it all sucks and we should all just binge on Corona. But this here is not a microbrew forum of shmups, its an all-kinds-of-beer forum and I guess that is your overall point.
Xyga wrote:we care about emulation settings, flat panel displays, new methods and developed hardwares constantly disscussed on this forums in greater lenghts and depht than anywhere else because we care about all possibilities
Certainly it proves that people here are not PCB-only fetishists, since they build MAME cabs etc. But I think that that particular issue is more about caring about very fine details of anything, and spending time and money on tweaks, as opposed to "just playing the game" (i.e. disable filter, disable vsync, good to go). A difference of priorities.

Just playing the devil's advocate here. I'm trying to look past the cynism, trolling and see actual reasoning behind it. I suppose the non sequitur logic goes like this: ridicule people who don't just play and score -> they stop collecting, tweaking etc -> they will just play and score. It's not craving for attention or being a dick just for the hell of it. It's more like trying to push people into playing by whatever means. Do note that Banana did attempt to start a reasonable discussion on various games over several threads. Just like you say that people don't appreciate the arcade world, he can claim people do not appreciate skillful play, strategies etc. You both are insightful and dedicated to what you perceive as the main appeal of the genre.
qmish

Post by qmish »

Me personally can't stand seeing 240p games fullscreen on 1080p monitor. Those huge sharp pixel blocks are not what it is!!! So i'd better play it in 640x480 window (2x scale) on 720p laptop... OR on portable which screen is close to lowres, so each pixel is unnoticable... or whatever (like applying filtering or shaders etc etc). Obviously real CRT is the deal. CRT is the only beautiful way to play it on fullscreen sitting close. As its not ugly blocks, no. Those lines are like carpet, like ornament.

By same logic im not a fan of xfreimmeister stuff though it makes it better.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Kraq wrote:Personally, I agree, and I've yet to hear a PVM user say "this looks like shit, back to my LCD". But I would be careful with phrases like "obviously look better" and "naturally more enjoyable". Recently I played Metal Slug 2 on an actual cab with a friend, who then said that it looked like crap and he preferred it on his flat panel. Now you can say that he has bad taste, does not know any better etc etc but it WILL come off as elitist. Which is also why I avoid shitting on corporate breweries when I'm hanging out with friends. Not everybody is into microbrews and you can't just tell people that there is one true way they have yet to comprehend. It's not truly objective, and even if it was, you're not going to convince anyone. It's just not productive to push this.
Depends on many things, the game itself and the type of graphics, for instance prerendered 2D is much more difficult to make look right on a flat panel, when clean pixel art well scaled and not awfully filtered can look absolutely great.
Also like flat panels not every crt will be the same.
Kraq wrote:Certainly it proves that people here are not PCB-only fetishists, since they build MAME cabs etc. But I think that that particular issue is more about caring about very fine details of anything, and spending time and money on tweaks, as opposed to "just playing the game" (i.e. disable filter, disable vsync, good to go). A difference of priorities.
Well blindly doing such basic settings doesn't mean it's the best way to 'just play' either, it is completely ridiculous to think people who care about a better configuration and/or better hardware are snobs or whatever, not caring and caring doesn't tell who's more serious about playing or not, I see no intelligent reason to make fun of the latter besides stubbornly refusing to even consider other people would know better. The money argument is moot in most cases since having a decent setup doesn't necessarily break the bank. There's almost always an affordable solution, in europe RGB CRT's are not hard to find (much cheaper than PVM that are now crazy expensive) so for those who can't afford those no shame in researching decent LCDs, there are tons of monitors that qualify for playing without tons of lag and ghosting, and they are in the 150~200 range.
And even if people who spend time on hardware and whatever other stuff and don't play as much, why the fuck does he or a handful of others care and bitch on us? I've played fucking thousands of hours of tons of games of all genres in my life, I used to play tons of shmups like crazy around the mid-2010's then I got fucking sucked by work, issues with my eyes etc, grew older and having less energy and time for it and I'm just an hobbyist now, probably missed the time to 'git gud' but in the end camping a single game for hundreds of hours doesn't interest me, I'm not personally motivated by the challenge of beating X or Y who made this or that score at whatever game, I prefer trying to play many and beat the one en enjoy the most, learning to score is obvious part of the fun of many games, beating the best is not compulsory.
SO FUCKING WHAT?
Kraq wrote:It's more like trying to push people into playing by whatever means. Do note that Banana did attempt to start a reasonable discussion on various games over several threads. Just like you say that people don't appreciate the arcade world, he can claim people do not appreciate skillful play, strategies etc. You both are insightful and dedicated to what you perceive as the main appeal of the genre.
I wonder, what the fuck does he know? what entitles a handful of late comers to the genre obessed with beating every game and every score, or being maniacal with just a handful of titles they play like only two or three persons in the world at best, to patronize people who have just been enjoying their stuff for fucking ages with everyone gud or not without discrimination? where the fuck are the 'reasonable' discussions with banana for a good while I have only seen the most tunnel-visioned stubborn ass ever negativity about practically everyone's interest and opinion on games and the very value of this community, maybe only Despatche is as rigid as him. And I used to think he was cool too!
Tell me is there anyone bitching on him for trying hard to beat high scores and enjoying shmups apparently exclusively as a kind of competitive esport? No, no one is.
And have you ever read him consider others arguments and switched his negative opinion of other members by even a hair? Good if you have Kraq, personally I'm trying to remember the last time but no I can't, probably too long ago.

I just don't get what's the problem with these people who, yes although definitely not to be understood as a general rule often happen to be younger and having joined on the late, just can't accept that anything but their own experience and fashion of living the genre and hobby is right, and don't even consider for a second that people who have been much longer in it would have a different history and things to tell about games they don't know.
This is so stupid and going nowhere, I mean they're probably not that much younger and yet I'm getting that feeling from them that I'm dealing with blockhead teenagers who are treating the extent of what they know as absolute and are willing to bend this little world to their exclusive single-sided vision and understanding, when we should just all be enjoying shmups and shit.
This is an old game genre niche community, if we insist on splitting what's left of members and sorting what's legit to play and how and on what, and who's legit to speak by the authority of whatever the fuck they have achieved, in the end what will be left?
A tiny handful of games and players talking to themselves and looking at the mirror saying "Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard."
And tumbleweeds.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Xyga wrote:It's shmups forums yes, not 4chan, or a public toilet.
except 4chan has moderation
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

lol, every day there's like a book worth of nazi shit and insults posted on 4chan and you call that moderation?

edit; also invoking moderation is rich coming from you, is there any name here who hasn't been extensively covered in insults and shit by your /shmupg/ buddies? about half the reason to be of that dump is lurking the farm and twitter accounts daily and shit on this community and people, even getting at some of us's personal lives which is why their psycho nazi guru cee has been kicked out of the farm.

oh wait maybe you were crying and thinking boohoo xyga is mean to me why mods don't silence and ban him?
> standards <
why are people like you always like this, I mean you give shit, but when you get shit back you're offended.

if u mad then just prove every of my points wrong, it's a forum, you have all the room you want to develop.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Xyga wrote:edit; also invoking moderation is rich coming from you, is there any name here who hasn't been extensively covered in insults and shit by your /shmupg/ buddies? about half the reason to be of that dump is lurking the farm and twitter accounts daily and shit on this community and people, even getting at some of us's personal lives which is why their psycho nazi guru cee has been kicked out of the farm.
funny because I'm probably one of their #1 targets
I don't know why should I give a shit, you can just stop looking at that place if it bothers you that much, it's funny to read it from time to time though and being able to handle shit talking is pretty useful

you getting angry over a bunch of insecure people anonymously talking shit is the very reason this thread exists
now respond with another angry essay please
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

nah you see I rarely check that dump because no they're definitely not funny, just once in a while because I'm wondering how the same shit-talk-everything-and-everyone mentality overflows on the farm, and wow a peek is enough. you may wash your hands clean off that but although unlike them you stay on-topic it's because you reproduce that mentality over here and treat negatively practicaly all that the farm cares about that you pass for anti-farm dick instead of just a dedicated player that should rather have earned respect and attention.
quasi-automatic shit talk might be the normal conception of social interaction and communication of a fuckton of people today, but that's only fit for shit places, I don't know why it should be welcome by anyone as the norm, 'the games you like are shit', 'your interest in hardware etc is shit', 'that arcades projet you support is shit', 'members are hipsters who don't know/play games', 'forum is useless' etc etc it never stops with you (I actually think you aren't really like that but you can't help act as a dick thinking it gives you some sort of dimension. welp. to be fair I'm being a dick too, but the reasons are different, I actually like this place)

well, that's just my opinion but I've said enough and I'm done with the essays, good news heh? :D and no they weren't exclusively about you
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

I cannot read /v/ for more than 5 minutes without my brain melting and seizing up with an overwhelming urge to do something more fun or productive. The shitposting there is just the same fucking thing over and over.

I used to enjoy /tg/ but honestly after playing in some good campaigns I realize that board is kind of shit too. Most people there don't play rpg's.

I still like the gamedev threads on 4chan though. I've actually recruited some good people from that community.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

qmish wrote:
doujin looking game
I take it as compliment, then? Interface/menus/UI design is outstanding, and it doesnt have all that f2p gacha crap like gothic ma ohou me wtf cave lalala game etc.

also i dont recall doujin shmups cosplaying valkyrie chronicles artstyle before that :mrgreen:
nothing wrong with doujin .£1000 doujin tho is funny to me :lol:
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Xyga wrote:nah you see I rarely check that dump because no they're definitely not funny
same, I don't find 4chan funny in the least. constant shitposting is boring, just switch it up a little man. shitpost a little here and there and that will be way funnier than shitposting 100% of the time. (this is a main law of creativity : if you want something to be effective, don't do it all the time. Space it up and when you bring it up BANG! it'll have way more impact). Oh and be creative with your shitposting too. Write some unpredictable and witty stuff. Aim for different feels to instigate in the reader. Which is not what these guys are doing over there, they all have the same style of shitposting barrage, saying everything is shit and kys. Booooooring

I'm not a big fan of the shitposting style in general, but 4channers are just so unfunny with it, it's pretty bad
-FM Synth & Black Metal-