Wondermega RGB mod - UK?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
goz

Wondermega RGB mod - UK?

Post by goz »

Can anyone recommend a reliable UK-based outfit who would be able to fit a tasteful RGB mod on a first model Wondermega? It seems like quite a technical mod, and as it's such a valuable machine, and there's so little online documentation about the mod, I'm nervous about sending it to someone who hasn't done one before.
Fudoh

Re: Wondermega RGB mod - UK?

Post by Fudoh »

It's really easy, but you have to decide beforehand which output you want to utilize for RGB. I would use the Midi plug on the back paired with the RCA stereo outputs.
goz

Post by goz »

What was the MIDI plug actually used for originally? Was it karaoke related?

Anyhow, makes sense to use that output hole. What connector do people typically use? A Megadrive 2 SCART?
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

You can actually keep the Midi connector. It's a standarized connector which is easily available. This way you can keep the Wondermega cosmetically unchanged. The connector has enough pins for RGB if you take audio from the Stereo RCAs next to it.
goz

Post by goz »

Oh wow! That is amazing. So I'd need to buy a MIDI to SCART cable?
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

I assume you would simply get a matching RGB cable from the same place that does your RGB mod on the system.
goz

Post by goz »

Great -- thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, Fudoh. I super appreciate it.