I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
LordHypnos

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by LordHypnos »

^Thanks a lot Perikles, and definitely congrats to Shep from me, too, getting top of our scoreboards in something!
I'm super worried about wearing out controllers. Especially the DC ones. Seems like I already have one or two with slightly iffy d-pads >_< I hope my Hori Gem pad lasts a while, because those shot way up in price since I got mine. Somebody needs to just make high quality replacement game pads for old consoles, How hard could that really be? You could even base its d-pad on the excellent Sega Saturn design.
Last edited by LordHypnos on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
YouTube | Restart Syndrome | 1cclist | Go Play Mars Matrix
Solunas wrote:How to Takumi your scoring system
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Congratulations, LordHypnos! In addition to Perikles' R-Type II recommendation, you could also check out X-Multiply. Stylistically similar to R-Type (it is an Irem game, after all) but with a different gimmick than the force pod.
Perikles wrote:Likewise congratulations to Shepardus for finally breaching 1m in Parodius Da! Now onto the first place on our leaderboards here. Image
Would be a lot easier if you yourself hadn't raised the bar by 500,000 points! :evil:
Perikles wrote:My latest achievement involved managing to wear down yet another Xbox 360 controller - I've grown to tremendously enjoy these, but damn, they sure don't last all that long. Discovered with revulsion that the wired ones apparently got a lot more expensive since the last time I got one, too. Image
Anecdotes like this make me glad that my keyboards are my choice of input and there are still plenty of those being made.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Soulless187

Post by Soulless187 »

I 1cc'ed Batsugan with ship B the girl. 4.8million, now I need to remember to take screen shots of mame games I clear. It's my first 1cc on batsugan. Now I need to try the special.
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

Nice job! Apparently the Special version is easier, so you'll probably be able to make short work of it.
1) Create Scoring System
CaptainKraken

Post by CaptainKraken »

Just 1cc'd Touhou 16 on normal.
I know that's not much of an achievement but I'm still pretty proud of myself. :P

One bomb left, last life.
It was pretty stressful.
Well, onward towards the respectable difficulties! XD
Squire Grooktook wrote:Make a game because there's something you want to exist that doesn't.
Shooting game never die!
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

Got a G with Bornnam.
Reworked my routes and can now reach H with perfect play and good RNG.
That will take a lot of time though.
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
PurpleTheGuy

Post by PurpleTheGuy »

Hello, everyone! It's been quite a while since the last time!

It took a while to get, but I finally did it! I got my 1st ever 2-ALL of DoDonPachi DaiOuJou Black Label! :D

I used A-Exy for this one, in-case anyone's interested in knowing about that. This also doubles as my 1st ever 2-ALL of any game ever, so I'm super pleased about that! :D
I'm Purple (or VioletHatPurple), the man who'll become King of the Doujin Players! Yes, I am a Touhou/Doujin Game Player!

YouTube Channel | Twitter Account | Scores/1cc List on Restart Syndrome
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Fucking bad ass sir.
My lord, I have come for you.
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

Nice one, VHP!
1) Create Scoring System
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

I'm envy! Very well done!
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

None of these are actual accomplishments, but a few stupid easy clears I've gotten recently: Triggerheart Exelica easy mode, Valkyrius easy mode, Valkyrius boss rush normal mode (if that counts), and VASTYNEX. Also reorganized my 1cc list to distinguish the wheat from the chaff, since I have a lot of easy 1ccs and very few non-easy ones.
1) Create Scoring System
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Strikers III, N.100. It was about time.
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

鋳薔薇 IBARA Arrange mode for the Playstation 2.

First Cave clear, even though it is not an arcade one. I really tried to get a good score, but I'm sure I am doing something terribly wrong since even "CAV" has a few higher scores than mine (mine was around 30.000.000). At least I've already managed to 1cc it, although it is clear that arrange is much more a score focused mode. Anyway, I still feel like playing, so I may get better at it.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Finally beat both Psyvariar games! Now I won't have to worry about those two anymore!
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

Good morning (CST), shmups forum, I just cleared Triggerheart Exelica on the Xbox 360! :mrgreen: Third arcade clear ever!! (kinda, not technically arcade perfect, but probably around the same difficulty as the arcade game, to be fair Mars Matrix on DC is also not arcade perfect, it's arcade improved :P )

Unfortunately, it'd be a pretty hard one for me to get a video of. I'd need something that I don't currently have, and there's no replays AFAIK, so yeah. Not gonna be able to post a video :(
1) Create Scoring System
Square_Air

Post by Square_Air »

PurpleTheGuy wrote:It took a while to get, but I finally did it! I got my 1st ever 2-ALL of DoDonPachi DaiOuJou Black Label! :D
Eaglet wrote:Got a G with Bornnam.
Randorama wrote:Strikers III, N.100. It was about time.
Congrats to to both of you on the 2-ALL/G score. Also, respect to Randorama for hitting 100 vert clears. I still got a ways to go before I hit 100 clears, but I'm almost halfway there.

I snagged another 3 clears recently.

Tiger Heli
I've been on a bit of a Toaplan kick lately and figured I would just start off at square one (sans Performan). This game always filled me with disgust in the past, but after discovering that the fast speed dip setting was apparently the Japanese standard I found the game to be at least passable, although nothing I would recommend. The US version can still go fuck itself for using that normal speed setting. After clearing it on both speeds, It's clear to me that the fast speed feels like a better fit for the design of the game. I actually managed to get pretty close to the 2-ALL before I chain died on 2-4 (this seems to be the run killer for most people), but I can't really muster the will to continue on with this game any time soon.

Slap Fight
This was always a game that struck me as awfully mediocre, but after some time with it I was pleasantly surprised. While I have a few gripes with Slap Fight, I otherwise found it to be quite enjoyable. The Gradius power up system isn't as well designed as the aforementioned series, but while playing Tiger Heli on normal speed side by side with this, the ability to crank up your speed is like a gift from the heavens. This feels to me like Toaplan really learned from their previous outing and were able to deliver a better game this time around. The 1-ALL wasn't very challenging to get, so I can see myself going for the 2-ALL, or possibly even reaching higher loops in the future.

EDIT: 2-ALL get! :)

Sol Divide
This is now my 9th Psikyo clear on my road to getting a 1-ALL for all 11 MAME compatible Psikyo games (only Dragon Blaze and Strikers 1945 Plus remain) before I start taking on the infamously difficult Psikyo second loops (with Sengoku Ace as the one exception to the normally brutal loop difficulty). That being said, I'm really glad to get this one out of the way. In a sense I actually kind of like this game, but I would feel foolish to not admit that this game can be really really dumb at times. I don't even know where to start with Sol Divide's bullshit. This combo system feels so awkward in a shmup since simply moving to dodge will often cause you to pull off the wrong attack. It also doesn't help that the combos lock you into place for such a long time, and melee attacks are your main source of damage along with it giving you the ability to stunlock/stagger enemies/bosses, so playing the game without it is unreasonable. The game also likes to slingshot your character way across the screen when you collide with enemies/bosses in a certain way, usually meaning you have to forfeit an opportunity for damage or even leave you open to be stunlocked yourself. Oh yeah, you can be stunlocked in this game, and it goes together with shmup gameplay like how Peanut butter goes with arsenic.

Even though this is probably my least favourite Psikyo shmup, it still had some elements I could appreciate. Stunlocking clusters of enemies at the perfect moment when they all overlap each other is the main draw of the game for me, it just feels so satisfying to pull off (as long as you don't get immediately thrown around the screen from colliding with too many enemies). The magic system is really clunky in implementation, but adds some interesting elements as a pseudo charge attack/bomb mechanic. This is absolutely the black sheep of the Psikyo shmup library, and although it's not as bad or unplayable as others may say, you're definitely going to have to put up with some silly mechanics here.
Last edited by Square_Air on Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |
PurpleTheGuy

Post by PurpleTheGuy »

Stevens wrote:Fucking bad ass sir.
LordHypnos wrote:Nice one, VHP!
wgogh wrote:I'm envy! Very well done!
Square_Air wrote:Congrats.
Thanks, everyone! I appreciate it! :) I know this post is quite late, but irl stuff has been a bit busy on my end ever since that time I got the DOJBL 2-ALL, so it took me a bit of time to finally get back here for a bit. Sorry about that. -.-;;

I know this, too, is old news, and I assume you guys already knew of it well before now, but I do have the video of it up on my YouTube channel, so if you haven't already, you can check it out over there. :)

Also, nice work to everyone here! :) I'm currently not too familiar with the other games done here by the others, so I can't really say much more than that.
CaptainKraken wrote:Just 1cc'd Touhou 16 on normal.
I know that's not much of an achievement but I'm still pretty proud of myself. :P

One bomb left, last life.
It was pretty stressful.
Well, onward towards the respectable difficulties! XD
Good job, CaptainKraken! Hey, one's gotta start somewhere in the Touhou games, right? A lot of Touhou Players have started pretty similarly like that. When I first started playing Touhou back at August 2013 (I started playing STGs/Shmups through Touhou, by the way), I started out in Normal Mode myself. :)

It's great to see you starting on Touhou! 8) I'm looking forward to seeing you go further with the Touhou series! When you feel that you're ready, start to go to Hard Mode, then eventually, go to 1cc all of the Touhou games on Lunatic Mode. Once you do all that, then proceed to go knock over lots of games outside of Touhou! Guaranteed success! :wink:

Of course, after you get all of the Lunatic 1cc's of the Touhou games, you can also try your hand at Touhou LNBs, NMNB extras, scoring challenges and other associated challenges (such as No Focus 1cc's & Lunatic 90 FPS 1cc's, to name a couple examples out there) sometime as well, and there's also the fangames too, if you also like to try those out sometime.

Good luck! I hope to hear more from you soon sometime! :)
I'm Purple (or VioletHatPurple), the man who'll become King of the Doujin Players! Yes, I am a Touhou/Doujin Game Player!

Lobinden

Post by Lobinden »

I started playing Raiden IV: Overkill again and incidentally finally managed a no miss clear arcade mode's first loop on Original difficulty.

I also managed a score of 65 million on Blue Revolver's normal mode, which isn't that high of a score compared to some people but it still placed me nicely in #19 on the new steam leaderboards.
kyukyokuclover

Post by kyukyokuclover »

I haven't been playing shmups much over the last 5~ years, but my mostly dormant copy of Mushi on steam pulled me back in a couple of months back, and I ended up 1cc'ing Kyokyoku Tiger PCE (first loop) maybe two nights ago. I wish I'd done this many years ago, as it seems to have significantly improved my basic reading and responses to KT/Raiden-style games, which I'm really drawn to currently (Probably all the Mushi Original I've been playing). If I recall correctly, I managed to clear Batrider Normal years back, so this would probably be my second clear.

I'm probably going to focus back on Mushi Original now, and maybe work on Gun Frontier, Raiden, KT (arcade), and Flying Shark/hishouzame.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

One-life clear of QUZ is finally in the bag, after about three years of saying I should get back to it. Thanks to M.Knight for the tips, and Zaarock and Dumple for the YouTube replays. :P
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

Take that, Ark! You are no match for the Giga Wings!
1) Create Scoring System
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Woot. Hyp gettin' clears :D
My lord, I have come for you.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Finally 1CC’d Zero Gunner 2! Final score is 01924200. Made first place also!
Ex_Mosquito

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

Finally pulled it off. Damn that stage 5 boss on the loop!

R-Type / 2-ALL https://youtu.be/0_16HX57QRA

My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

^Nice one! R-Type is a fun game. I only made it through the first loop, mind you.
xxx1993 wrote:Finally 1CC’d Zero Gunner 2! Final score is 01924200. Made first place also!
Switch version, or Naomi / Dreamcast? Either way congrats.
1) Create Scoring System
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Switch version.
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

Got a 1-ALL on Tiger-Heli: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AcslMZ_ecw

Was tougher than I thought it would be, the last stage is crazy.
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
PurpleTheGuy

Post by PurpleTheGuy »

Greetings, everyone! :)

As of a little while ago, I managed to get my 1st ever 2-ALL of Strikers 1999! It's also my 1st ever Psikyo 2-ALL, so this was pretty nice to get! :D

I've been meaning to work on getting my 1st ever Psikyo 2-ALL for quite some time now, so I thought there's no better time than now to get it, and well, here we are! :)

LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

^Very impressive :shock:
1) Create Scoring System