Prelude to the Apocalypse

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

Iran War. When.

6%
2022-2025
28%
2026-2030
13%
2031-2040
6%
2041-2050
No votes
Never
47%

Total votes: 53

brokenhalo

Re: Bush: 2017 Edition

Post by brokenhalo »

Mischief Maker wrote:
quash wrote:I honestly don't know where to start.
Me neither, "This video has been removed by the user."

Was it about how Trump is now saying he's gonna flip on the TPP?
It was more of the "ZOMG memo" that's gonna destroy the dumbocrats and expose them for the traitors that they are. Or something. I'm not paying attention until this thing actually gets released and we get to pick it apart. Should be good for the lulz, seeing as it's written by totally honest and trustworthy devin nunes.

BTW I wrote a classified memo about quash. When it gets released you guys will shit bricks at the treacherous stuff he is up to. Until then you'll just have to take my word that it's A MAJOR BOMBSHELL.

See how that works?
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

A fat load of empty platitudes and posturing.

Like tonight's SOTU and whatever the CGI puppet the democrats put up for the rebuttal has to say.

If you're going to listen to one speech by a Kennedy tonight, I recommend at least picking one that had something to say and lead to something actually happening. In the real world.

(I remember reading a comment during the election that Trump would leverage the office of president to maximize profit for himself. Monetizing the SOTU just feels like the perfect summation of that. This isn't even DLC or lootboxes.. You don't even get a nice night gown for your imaginary horsie or sith lord.)
quash

Post by quash »

brokenhalo wrote:
Mischief Maker wrote:
quash wrote:I honestly don't know where to start.
Me neither, "This video has been removed by the user."

Was it about how Trump is now saying he's gonna flip on the TPP?
It was more of the "ZOMG memo" that's gonna destroy the dumbocrats and expose them for the traitors that they are. Or something. I'm not paying attention until this thing actually gets released and we get to pick it apart. Should be good for the lulz, seeing as it's written by totally honest and trustworthy devin nunes.
They sure are panicking pretty hard over a memo that shouldn't be able to prove anything. It's fine, though; you wouldn't understand it anyways, so Adam Schiff should be able to tell us what to think.

https://youtu.be/boYXzZKwJsw

https://youtu.be/neZ3ENR4V94

Hopefully this one will stay up for more than a day.
BTW I wrote a classified memo about quash. When it gets released you guys will shit bricks at the treacherous stuff he is up to. Until then you'll just have to take my word that it's A MAJOR BOMBSHELL.

See how that works?
That has nothing on my ongoing investigation regarding your collusion with the Russians.

Proof? Woah now, let's not put the carriage before the horse. I have to look in to this for at least a year before I even begin to talk about what may or may not have taken place. I hear you're into watersports, though.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

brokenhalo wrote:Should be good for the lulz, seeing as it's written by totally honest and trustworthy devin nunes.
Oh, it will be. (EDIT: Another take.) Not that it matters, since any criticism of it, like everything else so much as mildly unpleasant to the contemporary right, obviously flows directly from the Deep State and must be not only reflexively dismissed without even cursory discussion (sorry, rants about how scary and tyrannical it definitely is, according to sources I can't name, don't really count), but repeatedly hoisted as an excuse to act ever more impulsively, and less apologetically, upon the least-plausible stimuli, artificial or otherwise, hard-wired directly into one's id.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

quash, where do you stand on QAnon?
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

Sooooo.... How about that memo? Seems the only "points" team trump could try to score were of the "crooked hillary" and "false steele dossier" variety that they've been attempting since the start of this mess. And they've managed to shoot a few more holes in their own defense- "super corrupt fbi tricks fisa court into authorizing surveillance 4 times using corrupt hillary/steele dossier", except that there are no details as to what evidence was brought to the judge to authorize the warrants (this is classified), team trump signed off on 1 of the 4 authorizations (whoops!), and carter page has been under investigation since 2013 (fbi using time travel to go after trump. Probably by 4d lizardman strzok).

The only thing that can really be gleaned from this, is that nunes and friends are so stupid that they can't even cherry pick their way into a good defense. Hopefully they can find a way to pin an obstruction of justice charge on him.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Carter Page wasn't associated with the campaign anymore when the court order to monitor him was approved. Not sure how that qualifies as "Spying on the campaign".

But Obama wiretap Bengazi Uranium One Lock Her Up Witch Hunt Conspiracy Crooked Hillary La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo No collusion, no collusion, no collusion, no. Right? :roll:

Edit: Gotta love the circlejerk going on around the Safe Space that is Hannity's blog. Smoking gun, indeed. Problem is that it's aimed at Trump's foot. Bwa ha ha!

https://www.hannity.com/media-room/the- ... -campaign/
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

A quick reminder of what "fiscal conservatism" looks like:

The U.S. Treasury expects to borrow $955 billion this fiscal year, according to a documents released Wednesday. It's the highest amount of borrowing in six years, and a big jump from the $519 billion the federal government borrowed last year. Treasury mainly attributed the increase to the “fiscal outlook.” The Congressional Budget Office was more blunt. In a report this week, the CBO said tax receipts are going to be lower because of the new tax law.

By the by, before anyone insists that this billionaire welfare will spur so much growth that it'll be cancelled out (or exceeded!), tell me, how are things on the distant planet you've been vacationing on for the past half-century? :lol: Oh, and please make some minimal effort to remember this the next time the deficit hawks start shrieking that we need to slash Social Security and Medicare right now now now now now.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

BulletMagnet wrote:By the by, before anyone insists that this billionaire welfare will spur so much growth...
Oh no, Bulletmagnet! You aren't going to head me off before I showcase my Person of the Year for 2017! The face of the Trump tax bill. The reason why 99% of Americans going to to have to work that much harder in return for that much less so that he can inherit unthinkable riches to pursue his genius.

Opus, if you still lurk these forums, righties who joke about sensitive liberal cucks and revel in your Alpha Male machismo, this is the primary beneficiary of your political efforts.

NOW LOOK UPON THE FACE OF YOUR GOD!

Now listen to him tell you Alpha Males what it is to be Bold!

Wyatt Koch, heir to the Koch Brothers' fortune, who on the very week the tax bill passed released this promotional video for his line of Toejam & Earl-inspired Hawaiian shirts equally suited to the boardroom, the yacht, or the discotecha! Listen to his nasally voice contrasted against the peppy drum 'n bass background music. See the perfect "10" models of all genders pretending to hang out with him, but instead of making him look cool they only emphasize his fatness by contrast. Behold his employees forced to wear his hideous shirts to work. See the artistic skill he brings to the design process. And remind yourself that this is not a spoof video, this is an earnest advertisement from another Trump-like child of privilege who's been completely socially isolated by their parents' wealth.

This is why we can't address climate change. This is why our public schools are underfunded and we have over a trillion dollars in college debt. This is why we have a neo-nazi resurgence in the United States. Because the elderly Koch Brothers need every last bit of extra money they can extract from the United States and the Planet Earth before they die to help their nephew Wyatt to keep making his technicolor nightmare shirts regardless of whether they sell or not.

And before you wave your hand and say, "Oh Mischief! Wyatt Koch is a crazy outlier among the influential megarich," remember that Rebekah Mercer, the sugar-mamma of Breitbart, the woman whose word everyone was hanging on (not Donald Trump's) to determine if Steve Bannon's political career was finished or not, before she got into politics she occupied her time with a crappy boutique cookie shop.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Mischief Maker wrote:The face of the Trump tax bill.
You mean besides this one?
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

BulletMagnet wrote:
Mischief Maker wrote:The face of the Trump tax bill.
You mean besides this one?
Did the movie "Ghost" end when Willie the hitman died? No, of course not, because Willie was easily replaceable. Demi Moore was never going to be safe until the crooked banker who paid Willie was defeated.

Speaking as a Wisconsinite, Scott Walker, Ron Johnson, and Paul Ryan did not achieve their power due to any special talent or charisma, they're entirely fueled by Koch brother cash. If Scott Walker slipped on the ice and cracked his skull like an egg, Scott Southworth would take his place the very next day because the Kochs would just hand him the money they were planning to give Walker.

You need to get to the root of the problem or the Hydra will just keep growing new heads. Cui bono?

Look upon the face of your God!

BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Recession is hinting at asserting itself. With that thanksgiving turkey out of the gut, feels like a good time for it.

Don't fail me now, bitcoin~

Edit: It's really fun to watch the numbers go down minute to minute. Fun!
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Day 5 of the Second Great Depression II

I write this while warming myself by a fire made of my old Playstation and Nintendo 64 games. It's not like I'll have any use for them in the future, especially if I were to succumb to the cold.

Today is a good day. I found a mouse and was able to alleviate my hunger somewhat. In the future, there won't be any mice. I worry greatly about this.

I managed to carbojack into the 'net briefly. The propaganda streams lauded a recovery from the losses of the previous four days. Less than an hour later, it was proven to be naught more than a dead cat bounce. I pinned a single message to the bulletins I used to frequent, more out of my spite than anything else: "See, it is politically advantageous that Clinton is not the one holding the grenade at this time." In my heart I know this is a useless, hollow form of affirmation. There aren't going to be elections in the future. But, the delusion is all I have left as I scavenge desperately for food and warmth.

At most, perhaps millennia from now cybermen will be able to look back at our species as a monument of the weakness of natural biological evolution - we were just smart enough to outwit the sloths and elephants. But not intelligent enough to not walk headfirst into the fires of extinction.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

https://twitter.com/GaijinGoombah/statu ... 8395706368

Too bad this isn't true. Still, I wonder where are the jingoistic supporters of this orange clown now. They've been quite silent for a year... especially since he's fucking up the country left and right. Guess they're happy it's not Hillary doing it.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

BryanM wrote:See, it is politically advantageous that Clinton is not the one holding the grenade at this time.
I gotta disagree with you there. If Hillary were the president right now SHE would be greater evil, and we'd be talking about issues like antitrust and the failures of neoliberalism.

Having the market blow up in her face would only strengthen the case of her 2020 primary challenger and possibly force her to make some serious progressive concessions in the meantime.

But instead it's all about the Orange Clown and nuance is dead. All those who were bemoaning the perils of lesser-evilism during election year... well shit dude, all Bush jr. had to say was, "heh heh, c'mon guys, let's not be overtly racist!" and the #resistance cried out, "BROTHER! ALL IS FORGIVEN!"

BryanM

Post by BryanM »

It's fun seeing the cat bounce up and down like a rollercoaster by the minute in real time.
Mischief Maker wrote:I gotta disagree with you there. If Hillary were the president right now SHE would be greater evil, and we'd be talking about issues like antitrust and the failures of neoliberalism.
Who is the "we" you're talking about here?

Us young hipsters who know how to use the internet and talk about the economic treason the democrats committed during the '90s every other day? That voted in the primary for Sanders at an 80% rate?

Or the old people who get their thinking orders from television?

Billionaire TV is going to cover politics with more nuance than their sports coverage? Without bias?
Having the market blow up in her face would only strengthen the case of her 2020 primary challenger and possibly force her to make some serious progressive concessions in the meantime.
What 2020 primary challenger? How is that guy going to get more than 10% against a sitting president? When has that ever happened?

71% of democrats have a positive approval rating of Hillary. For people who aren't political, who have other things to do with their lives, who just take orders from TV, who just think "Clinton must be good because republicans seem to really hate her guts".

Remember the guy in this thread who was shocked that she applauded Trump's missile strikes into Syria, and called for much more intervention? When she had been screaming at the top of her lungs from day one she wanted to turn that country into an ocean of blood? When we had been constantly pointing out that she - she, not the republicans, not Donald Trump, not internet MAGA chuds, had been saying that.

He was a person who knows how to use the internet. And yet he did not know that very basic fact. Or the fact that she voted for the Iraq war once, means she would vote for it again a thousand times out of a thousand. That it wasn't just an "oppsie".

That's a slightly above average informed voter. The only possible outcome of a 2020 election with Hillary at the helm was complete devastating loss. Assuming she could even be "reformed" into 5% of an ally. (Which she can't because she isn't, but those who want to have faith... who am I to stomp out their hope.)
All those who were bemoaning the perils of lesser-evilism during election year... well shit dude, all Bush jr. had to say was, "heh heh, c'mon guys, let's not be overtly racist!" and the #resistance cried out, "BROTHER! ALL IS FORGIVEN!"
It's going to be fun when they reform Trump while fighting with all their might against the bernie kids. "Ok, being a little overtly racist is fine too! People are only human!"

The #resistance against leftists, indeed.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Don't make me puke. I just ate some shit. (Literally shit, since it's the apocalypse.)

(There were primary challengers of all sitting presidents for the past ~20 years, but they never got any screentime. But you can bet your ass they'd be pushing candidates if a guy like Sanders were president. Funny how that works.)
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Pelosi's been going on for 8 hours now regarding DACA. :shock:
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Specineff wrote:Pelosi's been going on for 8 hours now regarding DACA. :shock:
She's got more balls than Chuck, I'll give her that!

quash

Post by quash »

BulletMagnet wrote:
brokenhalo wrote:Should be good for the lulz, seeing as it's written by totally honest and trustworthy devin nunes.
Oh, it will be. (EDIT: Another take.) Not that it matters, since any criticism of it, like everything else so much as mildly unpleasant to the contemporary right, obviously flows directly from the Deep State and must be not only reflexively dismissed without even cursory discussion (sorry, rants about how scary and tyrannical it definitely is, according to sources I can't name, don't really count), but repeatedly hoisted as an excuse to act ever more impulsively, and less apologetically, upon the least-plausible stimuli, artificial or otherwise, hard-wired directly into one's id.
When the spearhead of your "investigation" is saying shit like this

https://youtu.be/iR_JW-8JnDY

it may not hurt to have the slightest bit of self awareness.
quash

Post by quash »

Mischief Maker wrote:quash, where do you stand on QAnon?
Hard to say. He's said some stuff that's been corroborated by other self proclaimed insiders but that doesn't automatically make him legit. At this point, there's only a few ways the next few years go anyways, so it's best to simply strap in and prepare for the ride.
Mischief Maker wrote: This is why we have a neo-nazi resurgence in the United States.
I'd say it probably has more to do with the not unfounded notion that our elite class prefers immigrants over native born citizens. This does in fact include the Koch brothers, among other usual suspects. But, don't take it from me.

https://youtu.be/vf-k6qOfXz0
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

They prefer immigrants that are paid less than the minimum wage.

They're also perfectly happy with natives who are paid less than minimum wage, too.

"Tipped" workers.gif

It's just numbers on a spreadsheet to them, jesus racelords...
quash

Post by quash »

They love H1B's that they stuff in company owned condos and company owned busses, too.

We may all be numbers on a spreadsheet, but they're looking to lower those numbers by a magnitude never before seen. This is just their way of getting their foot in the door.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

quash wrote:When the spearhead of your "investigation" is saying shit like this

https://youtu.be/iR_JW-8JnDY

it may not hurt to have the slightest bit of self awareness.
Though I won't deny that Schiff has become more than a little too addicted to camera-friendly one-liners for my tastes, the only way this hysterical Hannity shit (Schiff mentions the 2nd Amendment as one of the things Russian trolls used to spark arguments, which is obviously a signal that he wants to take all our guns away?...or something?) could be less of a "bombshell" is if you released it as a memo. :lol: Fuck off.
quash

Post by quash »

Did you miss the part where he blamed the Russians for BLM and had the nerve to say they were inciting racial division?

I'd be much more inclined to fuck off if you would acknowledge how much of a complete and utter mess the DNC is at the very least. Or, maybe if you could concede that there may even be a legitimate reason to support Trump. :roll:

Again, I can't be mad at you because your thought process has been hijacked by a mind virus. You take the most bald faced domestic propaganda campaign ever waged against the American people at face value, not because you're stupid, but because you've been deceived into wanting to believe it.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

My God, Vox Editor-in-chief Ezra Klein is something else :shock:
Reminds me of Orwell's; “Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”

I think Mr. Sanders handled him very well.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

quash wrote:Again, I can't be mad at you because your thought process has been hijacked by a mind virus.
Sig-worthy.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

quash wrote:Did you miss the part where he blamed the Russians for BLM and had the nerve to say they were inciting racial division?
I'm getting tired of typing it over and over again, but there's no way in fucking hell you're that horrifyingly thick. :lol: He said they impersonated them (his exact word was "parroted"), among other groups, and made it seem like said groups were posting particularly incendiary shit to get people even more riled up about this stuff than they already were. Which they did. Again, not that it matters, since the (non-wingnut) media reporting on this is, after all, completely corrupt, along with the entirety of (non-wingnut) government, science, academia, and the arts, so if any of them say anything that doesn't conform to your least-inconveniencing preconceived notions, you can take comfort in the fact that it is your sacred duty as both a patriotic citizen and a self-determining human being to instinctively disregard and shout them down, with neither hesitation nor exception.
I'd be much more inclined to fuck off if you would acknowledge how much of a complete and utter mess the DNC is at the very least.
Ah, the umpteenth return of the "if you criticize Trump and/or the right it automatically means you're never, ever critical of Dems or the left" canard, which, especially having darkened this thread's doorstep as long as you have, can only confirm that you've either been reading a completely different forum all this time, or, back amidst the reality-based community, continued to willfully ignore the innumerable bits and pieces that might take a bit of pepper out of your boilerplate Breitbart forum laugh lines. I'm half-expecting you to tell me again that you and you alone managed to figure out an airtight way to convict Hillary of treason, which every other vengeful conservative in the country somehow either missed or just suddenly, y'know, wasn't in the mood to uncork for the first time in 30 years. :lol:
Or, maybe if you could concede that there may even be a legitimate reason to support Trump.
Sure there is, if you're either 1) Filthy rich and morally bankrupt, or 2) More concerned with pissing off people you don't like than actually having a minimally competent, or even minimally coherent, government in charge of your country. Otherwise this administration, and the party that enables it, has told you to fuck off a whole lot more decisively than I ever could.
the most bald faced domestic propaganda campaign ever waged against the American people
You mean the radical notion that putting a lifelong, unrepentant, and belligerent swindler, ignoramus and uber-plutocrat into the nation's highest office might not turn out terribly well for most folks? Yeah, the spooks had to dig deep to implant that particular mind control chip. :lol:

And hey kids, did you notice? All of a sudden we're somehow no longer talking about what a total, blatant crock of shit the Nunes memo is, and how that might reflect on the people droolingly prostrating themselves before it. Not that that matters either. :lol:

Once again, you're not even pretending to take this shit seriously, and neither are any of the crystal-chandelier cannibals you voted for. Fuck off.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Stock market closes at +1.4% today, after spending most of the day on a downslope. Giving the millions of people who want to see it burn to the ground blue balls.

We all know this is a crash, why do they always have to drag it out over months? Why always the song and dance?

Keith Olbermann is still going around saying that he'd rather have Pence getting more horrible shit done while saying less mean+dumb things. This is not my inference or opinion, but an actual thing he literally said. He and I apparently do agree on basic facts relating to reality, but he prefers the greater evil because he's a millionaire and decorum is the only thing that impacts his life personally?

A weird, brief crack of honest reality in all the damn hysteria.
H1B's
Ah... good 'ole Bill Gates and his war against having to pay people money.