FALCOM Thread

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Durandal

Re: FALCOM Thread

Post by Durandal »

Ys VIII PC port delayed yet AGAIN
To all of you who have been anxiously awaiting the PC release of Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA, we have a very regrettable announcement: we are once again pushing the release to an as-of-yet indeterminate date. We sincerely apologize for this delay, and we would like to explain in detail the reason why we are proceeding with the delay. This decision was not made lightly, and we understand that many of you will be upset about this news. For that, and most importantly, for the delay, we are very sorry.

Please note, however, that this announcement does not affect the relocalization update patch planned for January 30th for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation Vita versions of the game.

Low framerate issues and memory leak problems were apparent from the earliest PC builds we received. To help combat these, we looked into the drawing processes, which lead to an overall improvement in performance. However, we are still encountering framerate drops in specific circumstances. The systems regulating these framerate issues are heavily reliant on the architecture of the original PlayStation 4 version and, as such, are not existent in PC architecture. The memory leak issues are somewhat less complicated and expected to be resolved this weekend. But in order to solve these issues, we have determined that we must modify the core level of data in the game.

As the PC version of the game was originally envisioned as a port, we avoided touching the core programming as much as possible and focused on PC performance optimization. However, in light of the feedback of those who have participated in the second beta test, we have concluded that we cannot avoid modifying the core programming.

Once the changes from the relocalization efforts have been implemented at the end of this month, we will be moving development to an entirely different developer who will primarily focus on frame rate improvements as well as other PC optimizations. Once that process begins, we will monitor the progress and determine the release schedule. We will also be sure to give regular updates to our progress.

Again, we truly regret that we underestimated the severity of the issues that have surfaced (and how long it would take to resolve them), and for that, NIS America sincerely apologizes to all of you for this unexpected delay. We are fully aware of how much our fans have been anticipating this release, and will do our very best to launch the game the way it is meant to be launched: without any issues, game-breaking bugs, or errors.

If you have made a pre-purchase on Steam and would like a refund due to this delay, please use the link provided below:

http://b it.ly/YsVIIIPC_refundprocess (remove the space on the hyperlink).

For any purchases or pre-orders made outside of the Steam channel, please contact the corresponding refund support for that channel.
Thank you very much for your understanding, support, and patience through this time.

-VP and COO, Mitsuharu Hiraoka
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Damn, again?
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

Confirmed, Ys 8 is never coming to PC.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Bwahahahahaha!

And then they slipped on a banana peel, fell into a broom closet, ran out with a bucket on their head, then tumbled down the stairs.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

You guys really should just play the PS4 one.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Sumez wrote:You guys really should just play the PS4 one.
Not buying new consoles in the near future for me.
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

I haven't owned a console since the SNES and don't plan to change that now.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Looks like the PC MasterCucks won't be able to play this one!!!!! LOOOOOOLLLLLLLZOMG

/digital foundry youtube comment
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
KAI

Post by KAI »

EIYŪ DENSETSU – AO NO KISEKI (The Legend of Heroes - Trails to Azure)
Main script total: 1600498/1629086 = 99.21%+

It's almost here!!
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Obscura wrote:Confirmed, Ys 8 is never coming to PC.
It will, just not before the Nintendo Switch gets it. Trails of Cold Steel II (maybe also III? LOL JK) will most likely hit PC before Ys 8.
Sure glad the PS4/Vita updates are still on for 1/30. I'm on chapter 5 of the PS4 one, just holding off on it until then.
Durandal wrote:Ys: Memory of Celceta PC port practically confirmed this for release this year
With Ys 7 done, I had no doubt that XSEED would go for this. Give me 1440p @ 60 FPS & take my money.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

gameoverDude wrote:
Obscura wrote:Confirmed, Ys 8 is never coming to PC.
It will, just not before the Nintendo Switch gets it.
You have far more optimism and and faith than I do.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Obscura wrote:I haven't owned a console since the SNES and don't plan to change that now.
*whispers*
Obssscurrraaa, ssseek that which you dessirrre,
ssslim ps4s are cheaperrr, think of the bloodborrrne
think of Yssssssssssssssssssssssssss
-Sony Snake
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

I don't have a TV, so unless modern consoles can be hooked up to PC monitors, it wouldn't do me any good anyways.
Jonny2x4

Post by Jonny2x4 »

Does your PC monitor have an HDMI port? I know everything does in this day and age.
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

Having successfully set up a PC88 emulator, I'm currently making my way through the original version of Ancient Ys Vanished Omens. As some of you may already know, this version has you reaching your level cap right around the time you enter Darm Tower, so enemies and bosses in the tower can't be trivialized by grinding like they can in most versions of the game. It's interesting to see what difficulty the developers, er, "intended" for late-game bosses... Pictimos in particular deals around 20 damage with his projectiles, which can be deadly when you only have 255 HP, and Yogleks and Omulgun prove quite resilient even with endgame equipment. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a challenge.
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

How is that any different than the more common Chronicles version? Max level in that version is 10 (and max HP 255), which you'll probably hit late in the abandoned mines.
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

Aside from the fact that you can't move diagonally, I guess it isn't really all that different! For some reason I was under the impression that the Eternal remakes and subsequent ports thereof also combined I and II.

Which makes PC Engine Ys the outlier...
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

XSEED confirmed a release date of February 14 for the PC version of Trails of Cold Steel II.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

Trails of Cold Steel PC: Can't move the window in windowed mode or use the mouse, 6+GB of uncompressed WAV files, can't remap the controls or use joy2key. What is this garbage?
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

ED-057 wrote:Trails of Cold Steel PC: Can't move the window in windowed mode or use the mouse, 6+GB of uncompressed WAV files, can't remap the controls or use joy2key. What is this garbage?
IDK. If a game was made like a decade ago, then use Locale Emulator(Better than AppLocale. It does not work in latest windows versions. We are using from Windows 7 to Windows 10.). How about you set compability mode and for the wav files, use an audio compressor tool.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

IDK. If a game was made like a decade ago, then use Locale Emulator(Better than AppLocale. It does not work in latest windows versions. We are using from Windows 7 to Windows 10.). How about you set compability mode and for the wav files, use an audio compressor tool.
Uh, what? The game requires DX11 (fails silently on anything less) and therefore can't even run in anything older than Win7. Compressing the audio was the developers' job and their shitty code expects it to be uncompressed (plays static otherwise) so I can't fix it for them.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

ED-057 wrote:Trails of Cold Steel PC: Can't move the window in windowed mode or use the mouse, 6+GB of uncompressed WAV files, can't remap the controls or use joy2key. What is this garbage?
I can't speak for windowed mode since I never ran the game that way, the wav files are whatever unless you're that strapped for drive space, but uh, did you not see there was a config tool at all?

If you're talking about remapping pad button controls, then I guess, though considering its a straightover port of a console game, I'm not sure why you'd expect that
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

ED-057 wrote:
Uh, what? The game requires DX11 (fails silently on anything less) and therefore can't even run in anything older than Win7. Compressing the audio was the developers' job and their shitty code expects it to be uncompressed (plays static otherwise) so I can't fix it for them.
That DirectX version was also required for Raiden III,IV, anf V Directors Cut that the game crashes or not work at comnonly DirectX9.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Damn, I forgot how touching these games could be ;(

Anyone else playing Zero no Kiseki? I just simply adore it and can't recommend it enough.

btw, Ao no Kiseki's translation is complete and the patch will be released in a few days.
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

For those who haven't been keeping an eye on the Steam forums for Ys VIII, NISA is now promoting the PS4 version of the game on their Steam forums :x

Countdown to official cancellation of the PC port in 3... 2... 1...
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

https://gematsu.com/2018/03/ys-viii-pc-launches-april
Ys VIII for PC launches in April

Confirmed by NIS America president Takuro Yamashita.

The PC version of Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana will launch in April, NIS America president and CEO Takuro Yamashita told YouTube channel Greg’s RPG Heaven in a newly published video clip.

“Translation-wise, there’s no problem, but we’ve had some small issues about porting to the Steam version,” Yamashita told the YouTube channel. “Because we have to support a lot of different types of machines, so that’s why we need to improve the speed and optimize the PC version in a better way. But—is it all right to make the announcement about the new release date?—yeah, actually next month, in April, we are ready to release the PC Steam version of Ys VIII.”

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana is currently available worldwide for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, and is coming to Switch this summer.
disbelief
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Lol cool :D
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Then in April the day before release, "We want to apologize to our wonderful fans eagerly awaiting Ys VIII but..."
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

def a case of "I'll believe it when I see it". Lol

Let me tell you a story my little friends. It is that of NISA, the publisher who cried "wolf"
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

Gah, figures it'd come out when I'll mostly be on the road travelling for work. Guess I'll get to it in May.