... and it made me smile.

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Blinge

Re: ... and it made me smile.

Post by Blinge »

Jeez. Insert current year argument HARD.

Eyy
Spoiler
(boy)
gurl, u kno 4 u I'm rock hard like brexit.

Srsly tho BIL, you couldn't tell man ass from girl ass? or did he have oddly wide hips?
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
BIL

Post by BIL »

From our brief proximity I think he was a bit of a genetic freak and certainly knew to train those glutes with lots of heavy squats*! That was a cute little twinky ass! Being like 5'4, perhaps he was driven to compensate for his diminutive stature with superior muscle tone? Hmm! At a glance I could believe he might be a jockey or a cyclist, but alas time was fleeting and I could not enquire as to just how he got such a nice ass!

Fucking hell, maybe it was a chick on HRT. >_> I dunno tbh. You see many curious things while standing on the corner of Tinkletowne Crescent and WeeWillehWinkeh Blvd. Image Now I wonder if it actually was Jesus, trying to tempt me into chasing strange booty. I did okay, didn't I boss? I always buy em lunch at least :O

*Girls can benefit from this too btw! I know masses of them read this forum but are naturally shied away from joining the manly sausage duel, but trust me ladies - you won't turn into Chyna doing 20 minutes of weights three times a week! That takes overkill, and probably roids!

---

What the fuck :lol:

The superpower to ingest truckloads of coke, beat the shit out of the cops and fuck every groupie in sight without dying of AIDS? I didn't know Ozzy and Lemmy collaborated on more than just the odd hit single!

>The Great Adventures of Snowflame
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

Something that came up in a larger thread about illegitimate packages sold with RetroArch:
Spoiler
MameHaze wrote:
DoctaMario wrote:
MameHaze wrote:[...]

If people are going to use MAME in RA it would be nice if they got the proper experience tho. We've had to deal with people packaging MAME incorrectly even outside of RA and with the direction MAME is heading it's only likely to become a bigger issue if it isn't addressed so I feel I'm being fair in pointing these things out.
What do you mean by "proper experience?" The thing is, people just want to be able to play games they like, and MAME is the conduit for that. I'm sure most people don't notice the emulation issues you do much like a non-audiophile isn't going to notice much of a difference between a mid range system and real high end one. They just know the music they want to listen to is able to be heard through the system.

Which isn't to say that your efforts aren't appreciated because as I'm sure you know, they are. It's just that you're talking about "proper experience" to a lot of people who just want to be able to play Third strike on their phone or whatever and are already able to do that with the cores provided.
that's the thing tho

MAME has never been about lowest common denominator 'ZOMG IT RUNS SF3'

MAME is a complex piece of software, and becoming more so each day.

If you're going to claim 'MAME' support then it's important that all aspects of MAME work, not only those that please the simplest of users.

we keep getting told that RA doesn't dumb things down, and that RA is the future etc. but evidence continues to suggest that RA really is only interested in things on surface level, going out of their way to please simple users while actually ignoring most of the deeper aspects or even slightly more complex use cases. As soon as I step outside of that simplest use case things start to creak and as somebody who has spent a large amount of time putting work into a piece of software to ensure that isn't the case it's a real shame to see that stripped away / ignored.

This is one reason I don't buy into the whole 'RA is the future' thing, it's also why I'm very weary of using other cores in RA because I've seen how much of MAME doesn't work how we intended it, it's a poor representation of our software at best.

I'm aware that's not the most popular of opinions, but I hope people at least can see my point of view. We don't develop MAME to be a toy, the advanced features it offers are what makes it (IMHO) an amazing piece of software, and they're why it's been around for near 20 years and why we're getting new developers working on it all the time (especially recently)

One thing that happened semi-recently is there was a big effort to make sure everybody's work was held in the same regard recently with the MESS merger (rather than shunting all that off into a separate program and treating the developers and their work like 2nd class citizens even if they were actually the ones doing most of the MAME work anyway) This has worked wonders for improving all aspects of MAME, but if RA really thinks they're the future they can't really just ignore all that or make things effectively inaccessible because that is what MAME is all about, and very much the future of MAME, that's what draws the crowd with the actual technical skills to take things forward.

It's often asked why MAME doesn't take on the RA/LR version of the code officially, and it's for reasons like this (amongst others) What's out there doesn't represent our project at all well, so isn't really something we can offer officially and fully believe gives users and developers the experience we want them to have. It's a similar reason to why the UI builds of MAME have never been considered official too (although you can use those like command-line builds at least if you want full functionality)
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

I don't know what's funnier. That the Overwatch director did a stream of himself doing absolutely nothing for hours, or that the comments section in the gamespot article about it that had a nearly unanimous cringe-worthy and cynical attitude about it.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

BIL wrote: The superpower to ingest truckloads of coke, beat the shit out of the cops and fuck every groupie in sight without dying of AIDS? I didn't know Ozzy and Lemmy collaborated on more than just the odd hit single!

>The Great Adventures of Snowflame
Crap, that's amazing. I love this. :lol:
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

A cashier lady asked me if I am of legal drinking age (that's 18 over here). Since the previous time it happened was over a decade ago, it made my evening to say the least.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnNthHB ... be&t=2m41s
zhouluyi wrote:This is the footage used on the Avengers movie, the relevant part starts at 2m41s. This was used WITHOUT my knowledge by Marvel/Disney. I think they could at least drop me a line about it.
On an unrelated note, the Master System port of Prince of Persia is... interesting.

EDIT: Not really worth a new post, but...
An idiot Internet journalist wrote:One thing that separates MAME from other emulators is the amount of games that usually come bundled with its downloads.

Most emulators just come with the software and leave it to you to pick up the games.
An idiot Internet journalist wrote:People have done this and made a lot of money by creating dedicated MAME machines and putting them in casing like this one here.

Archived link since the article doesn't deserve views
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
BIL

Post by BIL »

Unexpectedly reacquainted with a beloved old favourite...

"WHO BITCH THIS IS?!" Image Image Image

One of the purest expressions of bewilderment and disgust ever caught on camera.
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 9959925877
Makes me smile to know he is getting to do his dream job, while also do the star wars stuff on the side.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Lemmy album doodles. Image
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

What in the world is that.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Weird old dude doodling in the margins of his album liners. Image

Rocking and snorting and fucking AND cracking bad grandpa jokes into a moderately early grave - that's not the worst departure!
Last edited by BIL on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

BIL wrote:Unexpectedly reacquainted with a beloved old favourite...

"WHO BITCH THIS IS?!" Image Image Image

One of the purest expressions of bewilderment and disgust ever caught on camera.
Dear Lord. I'm almost crying watching this at work hahahah.
I thought it was a dude at first too..
BIL

Post by BIL »

I am honoured to have brought it to your attention! Image Absolute cinema verite. Image For a good few seconds, the poor fucker genuinely cannot believe what's being done to him... when he finally unleashes the now-famous question, glancing around with the apprehended Lvl40 Ham Golem in his grip, it's nothing short of catharsis and cri de coeur. :mrgreen:

It must surely be one of those unexpected gifts from the world to the camera that Werner Herzog spoke of in Grizzly Man.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

People calling for him to be DQ'd. Jesus, I never thought I'd use the term snowflake, but..
Unless they thought she's a dude and were calling for her to be dq'd.

Anyway yeah that's right up there in the list of cultural works, eh google?
Spoiler
lmao
BIL

Post by BIL »

Best summary I've found of the leadup, DQ request, etc:
Spoiler
Hello, I'm Nope. I was Shinblade's next opponent in that team tournament. I can provide verification at a later point (just saw this coming out of class.) And I'd like to clear some things up here.

I'm not going to defend what the person in question did. I'm still quite livid at her for grabbing my opponent like that. HOWEVER, this has nothing to do with GamerGate, Social Justice or anything related to that.

Here's what happened: ShinBlade had just beaten Luke, who was quite annoyed with Shinblade hyping up and playing the crowd (which is dumb, but that's him). Next up was me, anchor of our Xrd team. He was hyping up the crowd and I didn't mind. If you look at the footage, I was even having fun with it. Then Sara comes along and grabs ShinBlade so she could get him to sit down (it was annoying her, too, and she just snapped; she is currently consulting with her therapist about it and has planned on giving up going to major's now). The rest, you saw. The guy calling for a DQ was my other teammate Blake (Zega). He was calling for a DQ because he wanted a free win and I chewed him out for the dishonesty later. I would also like to mention that afterwards, all parties involved (aside from Sara, who had left the venue and has since apologized), shook hands and there were no hard feelings.

What she did was stupid, sickening, and shouldn't have happened, and Zega was out of line calling for a DQ. HOWEVER, I'm just going to end the conspiracy theories right here. There was no conspiring to start shit and get ShinBlade DQ'd. There was no SJW shit going on here. It was just someone who got angry and snapped, that's it.

I've been here with GamerGate for the past 4 months, because I love games and I hate what's happening in the industry, so I'm rather upset that this came here under false pretenses of SJW shenanigans. Please, keep making jokes, mocking shit, etc. about this. Shit, I encourage it, it's legit funny. But please, please, PLEASE know: this has NOTHING to do with GamerGate, Social Justice, or anything like that.
Not sure how authentic it is, but I don't recall it being refuted anywhere. It's more amusing to leave a bit of ambiguity anyway. :mrgreen:
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

It is a sad state of affairs when this guy knows how stuff goes down well enough to plead with people not to throw this one on the gamergate dumpster fire too.

Jesus that was a sentence! I don't even know where I could punctuate that..
BIL

Post by BIL »

Oh yeah, that - apparently when news of the incident broke, but before the footage came out, the narrative going around was "BRUTE MALE ATTACKS DAINTY GIRL AT FG TOURNEY / BAN THIS SICK FGC FILTH." I want to say the offending heifer was actually promoting the same online, and only apologised after the video... but I would need to dig around a bit to confirm it's not just wishful thinking circa 2015, aka the height of the Great Holy Autism War. :wink:
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

My cat's new favourite napping nest is...a Hori stick box.

She barely fits in but heh, cats. =^^=
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I am probably the last one to realise this, but apparently Osamu Tezuka wasn't just all cutesy kid friendly stuff... I mean, I knew he was a lot more than Astroboy, and I was of course aware of a lot of other stuff he's made, like his take on Metropolis, etc. But this is really something else.

Cleopatra (1970) trailer (NSFW)
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Sumez wrote:I am probably the last one to realise this, but apparently Osamu Tezuka wasn't just all cutesy kid friendly stuff... I mean, I knew he was a lot more than Astroboy, and I was of course aware of a lot of other stuff he's made, like his take on Metropolis, etc. But this is really something else.

Cleopatra (1970) trailer (NSFW)
Man, you are in for a treat, then:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Message_to_Adolf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo%27s_Song
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MW_(manga)
BIL

Post by BIL »

Sat next to a chap on the bus home who wouldn't stop gruffly remarking that all this farmland and winding road was "wastin' fookin time" and the driver could get us home much quicker, if only he'd point the bus towards the city centre on the horizon and floor it across untold acres of prize farmland and the odd house.

I just really love the mental image of a bus driver doing this, carving a brutal yet undeniably efficient streak of ruin with matey in back nodding in silent approval. :lol:

"Could get deh in five minutes except all these farm fooks"
Last edited by BIL on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

BIL wrote:Sat next to a chap on the bus home who wouldn't stop remarking that all this farmland and winding road was "wastin' fookin time" and the bus driver could get us home much quicker - if only he'd just point the bus towards the city centre on the horizon and floor it across untold acres of prized crops, grazing patches and stately homes.

I just really love the mental image of a bus driver doing this, carving a brutal yet undeniably efficient streak of ruin with matey in back nodding in silent approval. :lol:

"Could get deh in five minutes except all these farm fooks"
Tell him to call Sandra Bullock.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Opiniated Reddit posters like this

"the third tier is the "great" games that did not age well but were great in their time... Contra/Castlevania/Ninja Gaiden."
Well, yeah, those are great games. But they obviously have nothing on DuckTales, Capcom's flawless masterpiece :3

I respect it though. After all, it's all a matter of opinion.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Sumez wrote:I respect it though. After all, it's all a matter of opinion.
Well played, my good fellow. :lol:
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

my sisters ex boyfriend who bullied my nephew sent a picture of himself crying to her phone :lol:
he's the type of prick who buys a ps4 for his real son yet wouldn't let my nephew play on it (true strory) its like hes never heard of 2 player mode.you cant treat kids like that so this is hilarious to me.. ive never heard of anything so pathetic or crazy in my life and i only got let out of a mental institution yesterday :lol:
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

Sumez wrote:Opiniated Reddit posters like this

"the third tier is the "great" games that did not age well but were great in their time... Contra/Castlevania/Ninja Gaiden."
Well, yeah, those are great games. But they obviously have nothing on DuckTales, Capcom's flawless masterpiece :3

I respect it though. After all, it's all a matter of opinion.
i still wonder whether atheist god ever got to experience duck tales in rgb :lol:
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Saying a game "did not age well" is possibly the worst ignorant non-argument in games jurnalizm

Also Contra/Castlevania/Ninja Gaiden.
Attacking them all at once huh? Jesus.
The ninja taskforce/ side scroll badasses must be triggerino.