MAGFest 2018 January 4-7th

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
majors

MAGFest 2018 January 4-7th

Post by majors »

Two months away, time to start planning. I've got cabs, need to know what to rotate. Looking for folks that want to help with boards unless you'll be okay with my basic betty PCBs:

MVS- Alpha Mision 2, Andro Dunos, Blazing Star, Last Resort, Plustar

PCB(master race)- DoDon Pachi 2, DDP-DOJ BL (PGM convert), Dragon Saber, Espgaluda (PGM convert), Ikaruga, Mars Matrix, Raiden Fighters, Viper Phase 1, Sexy Parodius, Side Arms, Thunder Force.

I have CPS2 multis...and hope to have a damn F3 multi by then.

I've got spare 1player CP's if that helps folks that want to play without drunk filthy casuals jumping in while trying for score runs. Just need to install them BEFORE the show.
Wedoca '24
StarCreator

Re: MAGFest 2018 January 4-7th

Post by StarCreator »

I have a few new acquisitions since last year but nothing you don't already have, so my game list this year is identical to last year's. I'm going to be busy with rhythm gaming again for the most part, but I can make sure my stuff is available to you as usual even if I'm not personally there when you swap it in.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

I can certainly bring any of the following:

MVS: Strikers 1945+, Zed Blade/Operation Ragnarok, Prehistoric Isle 2

non-shmups: Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 4

PCBs: ESPGaluda 2, Pink Sweets, Mushi Futari ver 1.5
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

Oh boy, my current working stock is:

Parodius Da!
Gokujyou Parodius
Sexy Parodius
Gradius IV

Salamander (U, VerD) needs work but could probably be made to work but I'd prefer not to fly with it, as it's date of manufacture is the same as my date of birth and flying is hard enough on me (And I'm expected to last another 45 years?)
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I mentioned it to majors over PM already but I forgot my TypeX is actually ready for public consumption assuming there's a JVS cab available to house it. It should have an identical game lineup to the TypeX that was present last year.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

I'm there yet again this year.
Also obligatory request for Futari Black Label on one of the cabs again.
JBroms

Post by JBroms »

Popping in to volunteer a TGM2+ board.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Just to put the info out here to make it easier to organize: KevinDDR is bringing his Capcom JVS IO, so there is no longer a limitation on which cabs the TypeX can be put into.
zakk

Post by zakk »

I'm still local, although driving in every day because lol hotel rooms.

My list of stuff:

Armed Police Batrider
Battle Garegga
Brave Blade
Cyvern
Dangun Feveron
DDP2 - this one is a maybe, it's acting up a bit and I haven't had time to figure out what's going on
Doggyun
Espgaluda 2
Esprade
Gigawing
Gunbird 2
Ibara Kuro
Ketsui
Pink Sweets
Progear
Raiden II DX
Star Trigon
Tatsujin
Vasara
Vasara 2
JBroms

Post by JBroms »

StarCreator wrote:Just to put the info out here to make it easier to organize: KevinDDR is bringing his Capcom JVS IO, so there is no longer a limitation on which cabs the TypeX can be put into.
If that's the case, I can offer another Type-X.
I don't know if I put it on the list last year (We used TGM3 and Trouble Witches AC from my Type-X) but I do also own a legit copy of KOF98 Ultimate Match for the Type-X. If we're running two I think it'd be a good game to put out.
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

I'm only gonna bring Dodonpachi Daioujou this year.
majors

Post by majors »

One of my Naomi Uni's is JVS, so a typeX in that is a no brainer. It has a PC in it now running the hacked Nestica En-Eins. The other Uni was gutted and re-wired for JAMMA(works well with Atimswave) so not as convenient. I have to review the other cabs I'll be bringing to see what will plays well with VGA/JVS. I'm thinking of 4 dedicated cabs just for shmups(one having a 1p CP).

We've done spreadsheet schedules before to be better organized when stuff is running. Does that work with the group still? Since it's kinda madhouse during the show(aka, I'm drunk as piss), it helps me make sure folks that bring gear can get their games running. Also, if you bring boards we run, I can get you listed for a free badge but I need to list you BEFORE the show. <- this we can hammer out over PM's.

I'll need you'all to decide the choice games to run...I know Zakk has a tonne of PCBs but he does not have to bring the all, just a 2-3 that we plan to run. I can compile(see what I did there) a list of available titles and pick ones I feel or showcase worth at MAG if I get no feedback.

I'll also have a old woody running Dragon Saber, but I doubt we want to include that on cabs we swap out boards.
Wedoca '24
majors

Post by majors »

StarCreator wrote:Just to put the info out here to make it easier to organize: KevinDDR is bringing his Capcom JVS IO, so there is no longer a limitation on which cabs the TypeX can be put into.
Well there is the power issue...I/O pulls more and I've had issues before. I do have an external PSU that resolves the issue for me. Also, I only have four cabs that can do VGA...one is a WG so it looks like ass(Vaseline blur but I run MvC2 on it so who cares).
Wedoca '24
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

FYI, I am bringing two HD candy cabs and intend to devote both to console shmups (PS4 and 360). Both have 1p control panels.
SFKhoa wrote:I'm there yet again this year.
Also obligatory request for Futari Black Label on one of the cabs again.
We have Futari 1.5 locally, but just poked Strider and he said he will bring his.
ratikal wrote:I'm only gonna bring Dodonpachi Daioujou this year.
This is actually in majors' list at the top if you'd rather not take yours on a plane.
Last edited by StarCreator on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Mushihimesama
Mushihimesama Futari Black Label
Muchi Pork
Ibara Black Label
Guwange
Batrider
Dogyuun
Out Zone
Osman
ESPrade
Feveron
Moon Walker
Viper Phase 1
Progear
Rastan

I have some other stuff but CPS2 is redundant now with Tony's Rom loader. I also think we don't have a ton a vertical cabs either?

Just let me know what one's I should bring.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Danbo

Post by Danbo »

Just confirming that our rerelease of BLUE REVOLVER will be making an appearance at MAGFest (MIVS area) in January.

It won't be an unattended setup, we'll be around from about noon to 7pm each day, haven't decided on the exact schedule. Two PC-style setups. If there's huge demand, I might run a nighttime session on one of the days, not sure yet.

Hope to play some fun games there when I'm not stressing out over the table!
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Danbo wrote:Just confirming that our rerelease of BLUE REVOLVER will be making an appearance at MAGFest (MIVS area) in January.

It won't be an unattended setup, we'll be around from about noon to 7pm each day, haven't decided on the exact schedule. Two PC-style setups. If there's huge demand, I might run a nighttime session on one of the days, not sure yet.

If you want it to get some nighttime unattended play it might be possible to lock it into one of my HD candies (depends on physical size; the largest dimension can't be much larger than the height of a 360). Most of the JVS internals are actually missing, so it's currently little more than a power strip, HDMI cable, and a Brook UFB wired to the controls.
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Strider77 wrote:Mushihimesama
Mushihimesama Futari Black Label
Muchi Pork
Ibara Black Label
Guwange
Batrider
Dogyuun
Out Zone
Osman
ESPrade
Feveron
Moon Walker
Viper Phase 1
Progear
Rastan

I have some other stuff but CPS2 is redundant now with Tony's Rom loader. I also think we don't have a ton a vertical cabs either?

Just let me know what one's I should bring.
Bring Muchi Pork for sure!
Danbo

Post by Danbo »

StarCreator wrote:
Danbo wrote:Just confirming that our rerelease of BLUE REVOLVER will be making an appearance at MAGFest (MIVS area) in January.

If you want it to get some nighttime unattended play it might be possible to lock it into one of my HD candies (depends on physical size; the largest dimension can't be much larger than the height of a 360). Most of the JVS internals are actually missing, so it's currently little more than a power strip, HDMI cable, and a Brook UFB wired to the controls.
That would be amazing!

I use both a Mac Mini and an Intel NUC for presenting the game, typically, so that type of form factor isn't a problem. I'm not really very in-the-know on arcade/cabinet hardware, but if the controls can connect via USB there shouldn't be a problem.

Having a setup like that running even just for one of the nights would be absolutely amazing, I've never seen the game in a cabinet in-person before! Please PM me if you want to talk a specific date, time etc.
hanasu

Post by hanasu »

I'll be there but can't bring boards this year.
zakk

Post by zakk »

Do we have enough Garegga Defense Force in attendance that we should run Garegga again?
majors

Post by majors »

Strider77 wrote:I also think we don't have a ton a vertical cabs either?
Right now it looks like we have 4 tate candys...Dan added two more to replace some random wood I was going to bring. Along with the 23 candy I'm hauling up, there will be 15 more CRT cabs(plus 12 LCD cabs)

I'm also told Psychic Drive is bringing Skycurser.

Current PCB list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
I'll be adding a tab with some sort of schedule but if I can keep it simple and run boards longer(less swapping out), that'd be great.
hanasu wrote:I'll be there but can't bring boards this year.
Just come to play and hang out, we look solid on boards...in fact, I need to cherry pick what we are running we have so many available to us(save for Tims Moon Walker...)
I'll let StarCreator handle the possibilities of getting your game running in a cab...his two LCD cabs are better suited to drop a PC into. I'm looking forward to seeing it in action myself!
Wedoca '24
majors

Post by majors »

My first draft for a board lineup:

Code: Select all

------+-------------------+------------------+---------------------+--------------+
Thu AM| DoDon 2(Tony)     |Viper (Tim)       |Raiden Fighters(Tony)|Guwange(Tim)  |
Thu PM| DoDon 2(Tony)     |Viper (Tim)       |Raiden Fighters(Tony)|Guwange(Tim)  |
------+-------------------+------------------+---------------------+--------------+
Fri AM|Batrider(Tim)      |Garegga(Zakk)     |Gunbird 2(Zakk)      |Dogyuun(Tim)  |
Fri PM|DOJ BL(Tony)       |Futari BL(Tim)    |Mushi(Tim)           |Ibara BL(Tim) |
Sat AM|Pink Sweets(Zakk)  |Pork(Tim)         |Feveron(Tim)         |Vasura(Zakk)  |
Sat PM|Espgaluda(Tony)    |ESPrade(Tim)      |ESPGaluda 2(Kiken)   |Ketsui(Zakk)  |
Sun AM|Espgaluda(Tony)    |ESPrade(Tim)      |ESPGaluda 2(Kiken)   |Ketsui(Zakk)  |
Sun PM|DOJ BL(Tony)       |Futari BL(Tim)    |Raiden Fighters(Tony)|Guwange(Tim)  |
Thursday morning is sometime late in opening, and not as many attendees...so just some filler(Same with Sunday night, since a lot of heads leave in the afternoon). Tim/Strider77 is riding with me in the truck, I'm going to rely heavily on his PCB's since I know he'll be there. If there are any conflicts or I got the wrong game, let me know. I can PM folks to confirm and get names for badges.
Wedoca '24
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Did anyone pick up Game Tengoku CruisinMix for PS4 physically? I've had a physical copy on order but it appears to be indefinitely delayed, and it's too late to order it from somewhere else and have it arrive in time. I'm trying not to buy it digitally if I don't have to.l If someone can bring it out it would be much appreciated!
majors

Post by majors »

Just so it's clearly listed who has what PCBs:

Tony: DoDon Pachi 2, DDP-DOJ BL (PGM), Espgaluda (PGM), Raiden Fighters
Zakk: Battle Garegga, Gunbird 2, Ketsui, Pink Sweets, Vasara
Kiken: ESPGaluda 2
Strider77: Mushihimesama, Mushihimesama Futari BL, Muchi Pork, Ibara Black Label, Guwange, Batrider, Dogyuun, ESPrade, Feveron, Viper Phase 1

This is just for the virt shooters. I'll have a MVS running Pulstar, Blazing, Last, Strikers...Dunos and ASO2 will be on hand too. Will have the Parodius games running like last year, and Strider will want to run his Osman and Moonwalker I'm sure.

Also, I'm helping with the Museum area, so I'll be in and out of the arcade/candy land. PM me if you want my number, or find someone that does. We will have 4 PC-Engines in the Museum with a good chunk of the shooters running. It's a lot quieter in there vs the roar of the arcade area, if you all needed a break.
Wedoca '24
zakk

Post by zakk »

Should we attempt another meet up this year?
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I'd be up for a food outing or something again, but scheduling is always an issue. The schedule is out on Guidebook and it includes tournaments and concerts and such, so perhaps everyone should take some time to scroll through and mark out some times they don't have anything going on. I still need to do this myself, but for my part, I am not going to be available during any WMGSO performances, Jun Senoue related events, and for technical reasons, some music game tournaments.
zakk

Post by zakk »

This year's meet: huddling together for warmth
majors

Post by majors »

Shiiiiiit....you non-smokers have it easy! I'm gonna be so bundled up, I'll look like that kid's little brother on "A Christmas Story".

My 26' box truck is PACKED with 27 candy cabs, PCB's, monitors, consoles and, of course, BEER. I'll be getting in to unload at 2pm Wednesday hopefully. See you'all fools this wknd!
Wedoca '24
Zerst

Post by Zerst »

How set is that PCB schedule? Asking for a friend who thinks Raizing games are more fun than CAVE.
Dimahoo is a fun game.
<trap15> C is for Bakraid