Project RXN [Gulti]

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Mero

Re: Project RXN [Gulti]

Post by Mero »

Shepardus wrote:
The framerate seemed to stutter at times in the trailer, I hope that's just bad recording.
Given that this is the footage they chose to put in their promo trailer, I'm not hopeful.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Wow this looks horrible
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

This is what modern mecha anime does to you
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

What I liked from the trailer:

-Lots of different weapons! Some looked like they have potential to be fun/unique/interesting
-Seems to be some sort of hyper mode in there
-Seems like it's going for a more Raiden-ish type of thing without super dense dodging

What I didn't like:

-Not much of interesting with level/pattern design
-No idea how the scoring worked, can't really tell, etc.

Ultimately I doubt the levels and patterns shown are final. Let's give them time to see how they develop this, and explain some of the mechanical concepts.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

What I liked from the trailer:

- Gigantic titties

What I didn't like:

- Everything else

Something about the game just makes it look like an amateur project.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Squire Grooktook wrote: Ultimately I doubt the levels and patterns shown are final. Let's give them time to see how they develop this, and explain some of the mechanical concepts.
Bear in mind this is hitting the streets in 6 weeks or less, they can't be that far away from final.
jandrogo

Post by jandrogo »

Nice design, visuals and art section..
Too many shit on screen and deceiving gameplay.. well, that from what can be seen in the video
Working in the japanese language achievement
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

It would have been rather fine as an early WIP progress video but gameplay-wise this doesn't look too good for a nearly finished professional game : the items in general are flat and unappealing and to top if off the yellow ones also look like bullets, there's some screenshake (see 2:29), the HUD can hide the player, and the pace is very slow with dead air.

Besides...do I hear a baby crying around 1:34? :shock:
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Sumez wrote:Something about the game just makes it look like an amateur project.
This looks more amateur than Astebreed, an actual doujin game. To be fair Astebreed has unusually high production quality for a doujin game, but when that's also got decent character art and voice acting (which this trailer dedicated a lot of time to showing off) in addition to solid gameplay, it makes this game look like a work in progress at best. Which I guess it technically is, but December is coming up very soon (they really meant 2017 and not 2018?). They could be on to something good with the different weapon types and all, but judging by the trailer it really feels like they need more time to polish it.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
GSK

Post by GSK »

Shepardus wrote:There's a healthbar of some sort, wonder if it regenerates over time or something like that.
You sacrifice a portion of your health to activate the hyper mode, iirc.
MommysBestGames

Post by MommysBestGames »

At least there's a few interesting weapons.
Man, everything else is bumming me out about this. Pretty drab and uninteresting. Too bad.
Made a giant arcade-adventure: Pig Eat Ball. Also made shmup with multi-ships: Shoot 1UP DX, Gunstacking game: Serious Sam Double D XXL, and more shooters.
d0s

Post by d0s »

wow chattering anime heads sugoi, def something the genre needs more of. cant wait to write fanfictions~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^__________________^
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

GSK wrote:
Shepardus wrote:There's a healthbar of some sort, wonder if it regenerates over time or something like that.
You sacrifice a portion of your health to activate the hyper mode, iirc.
It said in the Gematsu article that it's a third of the lifebar. That's a really steep price to pay if it doesn't regenerate fairly quickly, so I'm expecting some sort of regeneration over time or by collecting regular items.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

This reminds me a lot of Shienryu Explosion. Oddly appropriate.

I'm guessing it's meant to be pronounced "raijin" but the X makes me think "raishin" for some reason. I don't think the latter is actually possible here, though.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
ZacharyB

Post by ZacharyB »

Despatche wrote: I'm guessing it's meant to be pronounced "raijin" but the X makes me think "raishin" for some reason.
That's the pinyin chinese "X". Xiao = "Shyao".
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

That would make far less sense, though.

edit: Oh. That makes more sense.
Last edited by Despatche on Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
ZacharyB

Post by ZacharyB »

Oh, I didn't mean that THAT was the pinyin Chinese "X". I meant that, if you were familiar with Chinese before, it might have triggered a memory.

Kind of like how those who have had a headful of the German language come here to post about "schmups". The "sch" construction is characteristic of German.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

I winced a little looking at that footage. Very nice art wasted on a poor effort from first impressions. The in-game assets look very sterile and the frame rate stuttered a lot. I expected a lot more from these guys since they made Mamoru-kun IIRC.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

All explosions being 2D textures in 2017. Good job.
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

Insulting.
KAI

Post by KAI »

So they put all their money on Sugita and co.
Another otaku pandering shmup, just what we needed...
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Interesting to learn that RXN - Thunder God will be getting a proper Nintendo Switch eShop release for North America during the stated December 2017 timeline (of course, a possible delay into 2018 if an unexpected issue arises -- this is to be expected when it comes to STGs -- we shall see). A 16:9 based verizontal STG (like with Mars Matrix, Night Raid, GigaWing, GigaWing 2, etc. -- but those STG titles are, at best, 4:3 based verizontals). It seems that one of the characters is considered a God-type of character (that assumes the form of a shapely blonde female form to pass off as), is that right?

Well, at the very least, I do have a proper Hori Switch RAP V Hayabusa arcade stick to play it properly whenever it's finally released -- can't be bothered to play it with the usual default Joy-con controllers. Twitter posts don't indicate/mention if RXN - Thunder God has built-in vibration functionality or not (although this type of option could easily be implemented from the options screen by simply turning it "off or on").

Am curious to see if RXN will be ported to the arcades or not (like with Crimson Clover getting the proper arcade treatment after it's initial PC platform release).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
d0s

Post by d0s »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:Interesting to learn that RXN - Thunder God will be getting a proper Nintendo Switch eShop release for North America during the stated December 2017 timeline (of course, a possible delay into 2018 if an unexpected issue arises -- this is to be expected when it comes to STGs -- we shall see). A 16:9 based verizontal STG (like with Mars Matrix, Night Raid, GigaWing, GigaWing 2, etc. -- but those STG titles are, at best, 4:3 based verizontals). It seems that one of the characters is considered a God-type of character (that assumes the form of a shapely blonde female form to pass off as), is that right?

Well, at the very least, I do have a proper Hori Switch RAP V Hayabusa arcade stick to play it properly whenever it's finally released -- can't be bothered to play it with the usual default Joy-con controllers. Twitter posts don't indicate/mention if RXN - Thunder God has built-in vibration functionality or not (although this type of option could easily be implemented from the options screen by simply turning it "off or on").

Am curious to see if RXN will be ported to the arcades or not (like with Crimson Clover getting the proper arcade treatment after it's initial PC platform release).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
After this post and your post in that "JPO in SLC" thread where the game is made in some game construction kit with art ripped from google image search and other games I'm wondering what it takes to be this genuinely enthusiastic and uncritical of everything. Do you have a lifetime supply of oxycodone? Have you achieved enlightenment and discovered that all things are the same and we are all one? Why do you sign your name after every post when it's already right there next to your post??

e: and before anyone sensitive gets the wrong idea I'm not shitting on this guy, I'm honestly wondering what the secret to perfect lack of cynicism is. like if someone made one of those dumb brain memes about shmups forum posters "PC Engine Fan X ^______~" would be next to the crazy supernova quantum brain with flames shooting out of it because the guy is so at peace with everything. he sees something that looks like a complete turd to everyone else and starts thinking about what arcade stick he's going to play it with and how much he's going to enjoy the big titty anime goddess. it sounds fucking blissful, like having the good kind of brain damage where everything is awesome and you can be endlessly entertained by a hula hoop or some shit
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

d0s wrote:Have you achieved enlightenment and discovered that all things are the same and we are all one?
Not all things are the same but all shmups are.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

He is sort of this forum's resident mystic. Nobody knows from whence his powers originate, but most everyone agrees that a proudly crusty forum like this one needs at least one poster like him, if only to keep the rest of us from gnawing each others' faces off like a scene out of Dante.
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

This is out now, anyone want to be a guinea pig and give some thoughts?
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

At $38.00 USD the price is a little steep for an impulse or guinea pig purchase. Here's a gameplay trailer though.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
guigui

Post by guigui »

BulletMagnet, about PCEFX! wrote:He is sort of this forum's resident mystic. Nobody knows from whence his powers originate, but most everyone agrees that a proudly crusty forum like this one needs at least one poster like him, if only to keep the rest of us from gnawing each others' faces off like a scene out of Dante.
Sorry for the off-topic, but what I've, really, always wondered is if PC Engine Fan X! typed his name entirely at the end of each post, and if he just had it copied to a special clipboard and pasted it.
See, I just pasted it because it is annoying to write with all capitals and such, not to mention the smiley next to it.
Will you give us a piece of your legend, PC Engine Fan X! ?

guigui (・_・?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Darkseed_5150

Post by Darkseed_5150 »

The footage I've seen of this game looks badass. Not sure what everyone's so down about.
The game shows up on the web version eshop with a release date of 12/14/17 but is not possible to purchase. Is it out in other regions?
I was able to get to the purchase page but then proceeded to an error page that the item isnt available.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Shepardus wrote:At $38.00 USD the price is a little steep for an impulse or guinea pig purchase. Here's a gameplay trailer though.
Oh no, they hired SoR3 Yuzo Koshiro!
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.