Hello! I am new and had a few questions.

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Armageddon Potato

Hello! I am new and had a few questions.

Post by Armageddon Potato »

Hello! I am new member here, and wanted to say hi!

I also had a question about the way the boards work. How do I send a private message to another user here? I came looking for someone as they were most active here to ask them something, but I cannot find a way to send a private message to another user. I went to "compose message" under the control panel settings, but that didn't work. Does anyone know how?

Thanks!
Ghegs

Re: Hello! I am new and had a few questions.

Post by Ghegs »

From the FAQ:
In order to fight against spammers we've had to enable some features that allow us to weed out the unwanted accounts better. One of these is the manual approval of the first post of every new user - until a moderator or an administrator has approved your first post, your posts will not be displayed and you are unable to send private messages.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Friendly

Post by Friendly »

Another rat problem?
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Friendly wrote:Another rat problem?
From the username its probably a potato problem.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

What do the stats say ? It seems as we have a LOT of new users recently - mainly those just coming for some hardware advice or to get in touch with somebody for some sales or purchases.
bw1

Post by bw1 »

I cant send any pm's either until I'm approved.
mitsuruga

Post by mitsuruga »

Why can´t I post in the Feedback Thread in the Sale Section? It is locked to me. I´m wondering because I could in the past. Help :)
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

mitsuruga wrote:Why can´t I post in the Feedback Thread in the Sale Section? It is locked to me. I´m wondering because I could in the past. Help :)
This one? Yeah, it's been locked for over seven years now, when we changed to using the new feedback system. It looks like the post explaining the new system has been removed for whatever reason.

Short version: You give feedback directly to users now. Click on the line of feedback numbers that you see under a user's avatar (when looking at their post) or in the Profile section when looking at their user profile. Click Add feedback, select whether you were buyer or seller, or if this was a trade, select negative/neutral/positive (positive is default), add thread ID and additional comments if you want, and you're done.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
mitsuruga

Post by mitsuruga »

Ah, ok! Thank you for the explanation :oops: