GD: Smash T.V.

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
BBH

Post by BBH »

Twiddle wrote:NO WAY!!!!
Yes way :D 8)
landshark

Post by landshark »

Sweet. I played it last night and as predicted, died on Orcus.

I'm not sure what the bomb invincibility thing is you are talking about. I used the warps and picked up a big-bomb which gave me invincibility for a little while - but not long enough to take out his arms (that thing is a bastard).
BBH

Post by BBH »

landshark wrote:Sweet. I played it last night and as predicted, died on Orcus.

I'm not sure what the bomb invincibility thing is you are talking about. I used the warps and picked up a big-bomb which gave me invincibility for a little while - but not long enough to take out his arms (that thing is a bastard).
from the beginning of the game, when you put down a bomb, you're given one second of invincibility (you'll be surrounded by a red ring). After a certain amount of time, the game will no longer give you any invincibility when a bomb is placed (it will reset it if you use a credit to continue though).

This is why taking the two shortcut warps is important, because if you get to Orcus fast enough you'll be able to use bombs solely as a survival tool. Don't waste them all at once attacking him, just use a bomb or two if you get cornered and need to move around the arms, or of course if he fires a bunch of bullets that are impossible to dodge. If you already reached the maximum number of bombs before the second shortcut, you should be able to survive for quite a while. Just use the bombs defensively.
landshark

Post by landshark »

Ah haaah. That makes more sense now. I noticed that part of the way through the fight but didn't know why.

That one second is priceless for getting out of bad spots. That explains why you weren't bombing as much as you could have.