z0mg rehash: where can I get RGB cables?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Neon

z0mg rehash: where can I get RGB cables?

Post by Neon »

I've asked it time and again, finally I'm getting an RGB monitor and I need the proper cables. It is a commodore 1080s. I need cables for dreamcast, saturn, ps2, and maybe ones for genesis/md and sfc/snes (not all at once really, I'm focusing on strikers 2 right now so just saturn would be ok).

Unfortunately the old forum is gone so you can't link me to my (multiple) threads on the subject :P

Can I use european ones from play asia on it? or will I absolutely need to modify them? In the latter case, are there any noob-friendly instructions floating around? (believe me, I've looked)
Style-0

Post by Style-0 »

the commodore 1080 is the one with monosound , right?

No need to modify the saturn cables, a european/japanese SCART contact will do.

I suppose your monitor also have an composite line-in (for the videosignal). So if you have a s-vhs contant , a s-vhs to composite cable will work to, but you'll need on with sound signal separation and gonna need to hook it up on a stereo, with the SCART contact you'll get sound directly from the monitor, but there's SCART cables with seperated sound signal too.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Style-0 wrote:No need to modify the saturn cables, a european/japanese SCART contact will do.
Uh, the 1080 has a SCART input? If he has the American model, chances are it's a DB9 instead, like the monitors I have. In which case, he needs custom-made cables.

Neon: Check the RGB port on the back of your monitor and tell us what it is. Matt made the ones I use, maybe you should contact him and ask if he's willing to make you some.
Neon

Post by Neon »

it's a 1084s, my mistake.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Yup, that's a DB9. Did the monitor come with an Amiga cable? Both of my 1084s did. If so, you could get the pinouts for it and make some adapters for your systems to hook onto the Amiga end. I really don't think it'll be that hard, as long as you can solder the wires into the little pins on the dsub.

I remember Matt saying he buys his parts from here:
http://www.jameco.com/
Brian

Post by Brian »

I would love to get some more 21 pin RGB cables for my X-RGB. I used to get them all from Matt, but I think he is simply gone.
llaoyllakcuf

Post by llaoyllakcuf »

Brian wrote:I would love to get some more 21 pin RGB cables for my X-RGB. I used to get them all from Matt, but I think he is simply gone.
If you can find a way to place an order, this site has a variety:
TOKYO RGB HOSPICE

(they also post auctions on Yahoo!JAPAN as SovietComputerSystem)

I purchased cables from there for MegaDrive model2 and Neo Geo Home
systems, and they work great with the XRGB converters.
Style-0

Post by Style-0 »

OmegaFlareX wrote:
Uh, the 1080 has a SCART input? If he has the American model, chances are it's a DB9 instead, like the monitors I have. In which case, he needs custom-made cables.
Ops,you're surely right about that, forgot about the scart-less US! :roll:
Neon wrote:it's a 1084s, my mistake.
Nice, i have that one too (1084 without the S) nice monitor , but then I have it with a scart-contact! :)