The Official Cool PCB You Just Got Thread!

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
waiwainl

Re: The Official Cool PCB You Just Got Thread!

Post by waiwainl »

emphatic wrote:Nice FrancoB volt meter!
Well spotted :)
Casey120 wrote:Finally a Mushi board you actually reeled in and didn't miss by a minute :lol:
:lol: indeed!
Visit: https://shmu.ps
Experience the National Video Game Museum in the Netherlands
opt2not

Post by opt2not »

Smash TV w/ pleasure dome bonus level Roms. NAC/Blast panel with Sanwa JLF's + octogates and bat-tops.

Galaga '88
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I have never played a Yagawa game for real, and I'm getting the feeling that I made a horrible mistake here. But you gotta take chances in life, I guess.

I keep telling myself to just keep the rank low and hoard bombs to see how far I can go, but I'm absolutely completely unable to not try to press my score constantly. BOMBAAAA.
waiwainl

Post by waiwainl »

Weird but funky game - congratz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Visit: https://shmu.ps
Experience the National Video Game Museum in the Netherlands
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Recently scored a single-layered Seibu produced Raiden Fighters Jet PCB with the highly desired Yamaha sound chip installed (unlike the RFJ-2000 single-layer PCB that has a pair of Oki sound chips for a lower & subpar audio experience when booted up/powered on). Unfortunately, the Yamaha audio chipped single-layer RFJ PCB is presented in mono sound output at best (whereas with a dedicated Seibu SP1 motherboard + SP1 cartridge of RFJ offers stereo sound on the fly if so desired & your candy cab/supergun supports stereo input).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
rancor

Post by rancor »

Received my Fast Striker reissue today. Despite what others may say about NG:DEV, this is definitely in my top-10 all time shmups. They really put the work into this, and I'm proud to own the MVS as well as Dreamcast versions now. :mrgreen:

Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

That is definitely one of my favorite Neo shooties. Congrats! You can tell they put a lot of effort into it.
My trade/wanted list
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1135521

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Fast Striker is dope. Enjoy your new toy:D
My lord, I have come for you.
cvaniafan

Post by cvaniafan »

Incoming gems

emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Nice!!!
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
cvaniafan

Post by cvaniafan »

emphatic wrote:Nice!!!
Thanks mate :) They are all great to play, even Hacha which I first thought was crap, but it just confirms I love NMK !
Stompp

Post by Stompp »

The Game Paradise! Been after it for some time :)

cvaniafan

Post by cvaniafan »

rancor

Post by rancor »

I guess I should go ahead and accept the fact that I now own this $2800 Mushihimesama kit.

Before you say $2800?? Are you F@*#ing stupid? Yes - Yes I am, but not for the reason you think.

I was commissioned to buy this board for a forum member who had a case of buyers remorse. Not the first time he's done this. A few years ago he had an "emergency" and needed a refund for another auction I won for him. I later learned that he re-directed this money to someone else for another PCB. I had totally forgotten about that latter part as it has been a few years.. but everyone has an emergency once in a while, right? I figured I could trust him this time. Wrong.
I received an acceptable deposit before bidding, and once I received the kit he PM'd me asking for me to ship it to him the slowest way possible with no tracking. He also expected to only pay me the actual cost of the auction + no more than $40 for shipping. Nevermind that Paypal took >$120 of that money sent to me, and it cost me $20 in fees to get it exchanged to yen. I told him "absolutely not" on both counts. I'm not shipping a $3000 kit with no tracking, and I'm not swallowing the costs of this auction for you.
Anyhow, the kit arrived and I sent him a PM informing him. I'm already suspicious at this point due to our past dealing as well as that last request. He then replies to my PM saying that he felt he got a "little out of hand" and paid too much for the kit. Could I please return it to the seller, and refund his money? Of course not. That's not how Yahoo works. At all. I know at this point that I'm going to be scammed one way or another. I could have risked shipping it to him with tracking / delivery confirmation and keep his money, but I know he could hit me with "item not as described" complaint to Paypal, "return" some Swedish rocks to me with tracking and get a 100% refund + the Mushihimesama kit you see above. I decided not to risk it, refunded his money, and told him never to contact me again.

So, anyhow - this is my new $2800 Mushihimesama kit. Maybe it will be worth $3500 next year. :? I'm a fool, but for now I love it and it sure is purty. :wink:

Oh, and George Popa of Sweden - you're a terrible person. I hope someone important Googles you and finds this.
Last edited by rancor on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperPang

Post by SuperPang »

Jesus. IMO you should've kept the deposit and returned it if you could sell it at cost, if at all.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

rancor wrote: Oh, and George Popa of Sweden - you're a terrible person.
what a bloody disgrace! thats his name? never heard of him.. but will make sore to make a mental note of it.. should NOT have returned the deposit.
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
rancor

Post by rancor »

This is Paypal I'm dealing with. There are so many documented ways to screw sellers that I'm not going to risk it. There is no possible way I could have kept his deposit.
SuperPang

Post by SuperPang »

Also the fact that he was willing to find $2800 for the kit but not an extra $100 for EMS leaves me thinking he was going to scam you anyway.
zak

Post by zak »

SuperPang wrote:Also the fact that he was willing to find $2800 for the kit but not an extra $100 for EMS leaves me thinking he was going to scam you anyway.
This^

Dick head. Is he on the forums here?

Edit: Just saw who it was. He pulled this shit on other people too btw.

Out of curiousity, is this the bug fixed version?
Last edited by zak on Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rancor

Post by rancor »

I'd love to leave a neg for him, but I know I'd get "Gaijinpunched..." I don't understand why he still has his neg. Sold an item after waiting 6 weeks for payment, yet the buyer is still able to retaliate. I don't need that.
zak

Post by zak »

rancor wrote:I'd love to leave a neg for him, but I know I'd get "Gaijinpunched..." I don't understand why he still has his neg. Sold an item after waiting 6 weeks for payment, yet the buyer is still able to retaliate. I don't need that.
system11 will remove the negative if you haven't done anything wrong (which you haven't).

I also think he should be banned.
BIL

Post by BIL »

rancor wrote:I'd love to leave a neg for him, but I know I'd get "Gaijinpunched..." I don't understand why he still has his neg. Sold an item after waiting 6 weeks for payment, yet the buyer is still able to retaliate. I don't need that.
iirc, GP said he liked the badboy mystique. :mrgreen:
cvaniafan

Post by cvaniafan »

Man..what a story :shock: and 2800 for a Mushi kit blows my mind :shock: :shock:
Peeps get completely crazy with the Cave stuff nowadays
Stompp

Post by Stompp »

sven666 wrote:
rancor wrote: Oh, and George Popa of Sweden - you're a terrible person.
what a bloody disgrace! thats his name? never heard of him.. but will make sore to make a mental note of it.. should NOT have returned the deposit.
What sven666 said :evil: Man, this is low!!! *baffled* Beautiful kit though :)
zak

Post by zak »

cvaniafan wrote:Man..what a story :shock: and 2800 for a Mushi kit blows my mind :shock: :shock:
If it's the bug fixed version, then it's not far off to be honest.
cvaniafan

Post by cvaniafan »

zak wrote:
cvaniafan wrote:Man..what a story :shock: and 2800 for a Mushi kit blows my mind :shock: :shock:
Ok it was a few years ago, but I had gotten that kit with the bug fixed version from a hawaiian buddy for 1200 ! I mean how can this be possible to reach +150% inflated rate a few years later..
egg_sanwich

Post by egg_sanwich »

zak wrote:If it's the bug fixed version, then it's not far off to be honest.
The other unfortunate side effect of this whole episode is that now there is a completed, documented sale of this kit at $2800. Even if it wasn't worth this much before, it is now - future buyers might find that completed auction without seeing this thread.
zak

Post by zak »

cvaniafan wrote:
zak wrote:
Ok it was a few years ago, but I had gotten that kit with the bug fixed version from a hawaiian buddy for 1200 ! I mean how can this be possible to reach +150% inflated rate a few years later..
The same way SDOJ is going for stupid money.
zak

Post by zak »

One guy might pay 2800, but not everyone will.

Once the big boys get their PCBs, the other guys who want it will not pay the same price.

They will just wait for the price to drop slowly.
egg_sanwich

Post by egg_sanwich »

zak wrote:One guy might pay 2800, but not everyone will.

Once the big boys get their PCBs, the other guys who want it will not pay the same price.

They will just wait for the price to drop slowly.
Kind of like Akai Katana home kits, right? :D

There seems to be a pretty healthy supply of new big boys showing up these days unfortunately...