Raiden V: Director's Cut for PS4 to be released by UFO Int.

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
cj iwakura

Re: Raiden V: Director's Cut for PS4 to be released by UFO I

Post by cj iwakura »

HydrogLox wrote:
xxx1993 wrote:And what was he in prison for?
Wikipedia:
In March 2013, Hiroshi Kimura, the president of MileStone, was arrested for violations of the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act for his activities while selling shares of a new company called MS Bio Energy. Both companies closed as a result.
Wow. I had no idea. Well, maybe the license is up for grabs then...
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
GSK

Post by GSK »

Milestone's games are owned by a company called KLON and the old Milestone STG worked for them for a while under the "Sakura Flamingo" label but the releases they put out during that era weren't very good (a mediocre compilation, a series of awful 3DS games) and the team has since disbanded, so any publisher that wanted to license those old games would need to handle any ports themselves.

There is an officially-released Radirgy Noa port for PC--it was included with a soundtrack anthology Milestone put out just before they closed--but it's more of a PC-complaint beta/debug build dumped onto a disc and not something you'd necessarily want to re-release.
Magma Dragoon

Post by Magma Dragoon »

I just hope this eventually comes to GOG like the other Raiden games.
Image Image Image Image
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

What was his sentence? How many years?
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

cj iwakura wrote:UFO are still around?

So you're saying there's a chance for Radio Allergy 2...
I know you're mostly in for a localization of the story so it won't bother you that much, but the game itself is not fun nor balanced. By making enemies hurt you on contact, restraining the play field to a vertizontal area, removing the shield, streamlining the scoring on ABS net activations, reducing the ship speed and featuring crazy patterns that can't be reliably dodged without the ABS Net, the devs messed with everything that made Radirgy so much enjoyable.

The only worthwile and interesting addition is the recurring fight against Dreamer09.

On-topic : It's neat that a PC release is in the works. That said, from what I gathered, Raiden 5 is inferior to 4 which already satiates my Raiden needs.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

MS Bio Energy
Now this is how you beat CAVE: unlike simple barebones Windia Urine, MileStone's Radirgy-chick Urine has extra caffeine.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
qmish

Post by qmish »

M.Knight wrote:
cj iwakura wrote:UFO are still around?

So you're saying there's a chance for Radio Allergy 2...
I know you're mostly in for a localization of the story so it won't bother you that much, but the game itself is not fun nor balanced. By making enemies hurt you on contact, restraining the play field to a vertizontal area, removing the shield, streamlining the scoring on ABS net activations, reducing the ship speed and featuring crazy patterns that can't be reliably dodged without the ABS Net, the devs messed with everything that made Radirgy so much enjoyable.

The only worthwile and interesting addition is the recurring fight against Dreamer09.

On-topic : It's neat that a PC release is in the works. That said, from what I gathered, Raiden 5 is inferior to 4 which already satiates my Raiden needs.
Do you speak about Radirgy Noa?

Btw do u know how reduce sound of shots/enemies in wii compilations?
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

trap15 wrote:No it kinda sucks. Worse than the rest of the series at least.
It's hard to top D/X if not impossible. Raiden IV does try, and it comes close. In RV I miss being able to change your missile type. EVERY other Raiden & Raiden Fighters does that, so why backpedal?
Seeing dual mode (and hopefully 1P Double) in RVDC is nice. I'd guess Xbox One owners may get a patch to make their version on par with DC.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

@gameoverDude Just ignore him, Raiden V is a great game. trap15's just trolling as always.
ssturtle

Post by ssturtle »

Pre-ordered on Amazon, hopefully Best Buy gets this so I can buy from them instead!
Glad I did not spend the extra money to import this.
zakk

Post by zakk »

I can assure you he's not trolling
xxx1993 wrote:@gameoverDude Just ignore him, Raiden V is a great game. trap15's just trolling as always.
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

xxx1993 wrote:@gameoverDude Just ignore him, Raiden V is a great game. trap15's just trolling as always.
I wouldn't call it a great game, but there's definitely something about Raiden V that causes trap15 to be negatively hyperbolic.
:lol:
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I still enjoy the hell out of Raiden V. I think EVERY Raiden game is good, actually. He better not be upset about the game being more story-driven compared to the previous games, which had no reason why we're fighting the Crystals.
Astro City II

Post by Astro City II »

I wonder if they'll patch in these Directors Cut extras back into the X1 game?

Can't believe someone said the X1 is useless now this is no longer exclusive. Surely it's worth it when all of the Japanese 360 shmups become backwards compatible, It'll arguably be the best system with those, The Neo ACA's and anything new like Natsuki.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

xxx1993 wrote:I still enjoy the hell out of Raiden V. I think EVERY Raiden game is good, actually. He better not be upset about the game being more story-driven compared to the previous games, which had no reason why we're fighting the Crystals.
Or maybe he's judging the game based on the gameplay rather than the reasons to be "fighting the Crystals"
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

The gameplay is very easy to get used to, much like the other games.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

Astro City II wrote:I wonder if they'll patch in these Directors Cut extras back into the X1 game
Overkill wasn't patched back into Raiden IV on the Xbox 360 - so I see no reason for them to be "differently motivated" this time around.
Astro City II wrote:anything new like Natsuki.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Raiden V going to PS4/PC is making an impression on Qute (they need to recoup their development costs somehow - perhaps as a PS4 Eschatos/Ginga Force/Natsuki Chronicle Wonder Pack).
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

HydrogLox wrote:
Astro City II wrote:I wonder if they'll patch in these Directors Cut extras back into the X1 game
Overkill wasn't patched back into Raiden IV on the Xbox 360 - so I see no reason for them to be "differently motivated" this time around.
Astro City II wrote:anything new like Natsuki.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Raiden V going to PS4/PC is making an impression on Qute (they need to recoup their development costs somehow - perhaps as a PS4 Eschatos/Ginga Force/Natsuki Chronicle Wonder Pack).
Same can be said about Caladrius and Caladrius Blaze. Director's Cut ain't happening on XB1.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

Release delayed until September 19th, according to Amazon.
Spoiler
Now known as old man|Burly
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Japan Arcade - To Far Away Times - Perikles
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

Just seen that the xbox one version is on sale for $7.50.
To go "full-Plank" - colloquial - To experience disproportionate levels of frustration as a result of resistance to completing a task. Those who go "full-Plank" very rarely recover.
HueSaturation

Post by HueSaturation »

Pretty lame if they don't get around to putting it on Xbox, especially if it's already coming to PC. Unless there's an obvious moneyhat like SF4, it always feels like an act of sheer ill-will when something gets put on PS4/PC with no Xbox. One of the most prominent examples out there is Lost Sphere, coming to PS4/PC AND Switch but no Xbox... I mean wtf. Surely there's no way it could be harder and more time consuming to port to Xbox than to Switch.
GSK

Post by GSK »

HueSaturation wrote:Pretty lame if they don't get around to putting it on Xbox, especially if it's already coming to PC. Unless there's an obvious moneyhat like SF4, it always feels like an act of sheer ill-will when something gets put on PS4/PC with no Xbox. One of the most prominent examples out there is Lost Sphere, coming to PS4/PC AND Switch but no Xbox... I mean wtf. Surely there's no way it could be harder and more time consuming to port to Xbox than to Switch.
The situation is probably reversed--MS paid for exclusivity on Raiden V and the Director's Cut version is their loophole to re-release the game elsewhere after the XB1 version sold three copies.
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

thttp://gematsu.com/2017/08/raiden-v-directors-cut-launches-september-19

September 14th release date in Japan, September 19th western release date
Last edited by Gespenst on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Just for Japan, though... Will it be released here on September the 19th? Like what Amazon says?
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

Probably. Still no word on if it's a physical disc?

I asked amazon, but they didn't seem to know.
Now known as old man|Burly
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Japan Arcade - To Far Away Times - Perikles
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Gotta be physical.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Gespenst wrote:thttp://gematsu.com/2017/08/raiden-v-directors-cut-launches-september-19

September 14th release date in Japan, September 19th western release date
Pushed back to October 5th on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0714 ... UTF8&psc=1
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Man, it can't catch a break lately to release it, lol.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Dammit, this is the problem with release dates...
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

On the bright side Steam store page is up.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/570050

And GOG release is also confirmed.