ST: Gothic wa Mahou Otome (Full English Guide)

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
AcePleiades

Re: ST: Gothic wa Mahou Otome (Full English Guide)

Post by AcePleiades »

Small update due to the sudden arrival of the new Skill, which we translated as Monster Koikoi. "Monsters, Bring It On" is too long to write, and "Monsters Come On" sounds confusing in a sentence: "try putting a come on on that spot", for example. "Try putting a koikoi on that spot" just sounds much better.

Improvement of the explanations:
- List of Skills and Descriptions
New Skill "Monster Koikoi" is explained.

Introduction:
- Fixed the outdated number of shot types
- Small changes to "Is Gothic wa Mahou Otome pay to win?"

Other:
- Corrected typos and revised weird grammar
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

While transplanting the guide into a wiki format, I had to minutely read the explanations to find words that should be hyperlinked. I noticed many flaws -- especially on the first pages -- but didn't have any consistent progress to justify releasing a new version. So, I searched for an easy task to do. I added a behavior analysis table for assist Skills, pretty much nailing the Skills explanation.

- List of Skills and Descriptions
Added a table for behavior analysis of assist Skills
Correction: Skill level up and Awakening doesn't increase the duration of offensive Skills other than Special Bullet

Other:
- Big improvements to the overall explanation quality of the first pages of the guide (mostly concerning quest selection and gameplay)
guigui

Post by guigui »

Gosh, what an amazing guide you wrote there you misters. Congratulations.
I wish I found it while I allowed myself to play on Android, but this thing is evil to me.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

With this substantial update, the guide advances to its 13th version.

New explanations:
- In-game Skill Descriptions. Lists the in-game skill descriptions and relates them to their respective Skill, as some screens that display a familiar's stats don't show the Skill's name, only it's description. The guide reader can match the texts in order to figure out what Skill an in-game explanation concerns.
- Other Skill Considerations. Explains Skill Awakening with more details, Skills that have Boss Effectiveness (ボス有効) and gives advice for obtaining Skill-up items.
(As a result, any part of the guide that concerns Skills, such as During Stages and Equip Familiars, has new hyperlinks and overall better explanations.)
- Glossary. Hyperlinks over 120 terms in the guide. As a result, I felt like some explanations were lacking:
Added a clear definition for what a Friend as an introduction to the Friends List screen.
Defined clearly what is a miniboss and midboss in the During Stages and Boss Fight explanations.
Explained, in details, guild events and the many rewards that come from guild battles. As a result, many sections of the guild guide were improved with hyperlinks to this section.
Minor improvements were made to the Dating Screen, Gacha screens and other explanations.

Guild Battle and related explanations:
- Improved advice concerning Boost and Break usage.

Daily Checklist:
- Linked a daily guide video created by a foreigner player named Itasou.

Other:
- Added "Spiral" to the shot types list (new shot type).
- Corrected typos and revised weird grammar.
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

guigui wrote:Gosh, what an amazing guide you wrote there you misters. Congratulations.
I wish I found it while I allowed myself to play on Android, but this thing is evil to me.
Thanks! That means a lot to me.
Our small community will be here if you ever decide to return.
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

13.5 update. As I was writing the Gomaotsu Guide Wiki's glossary, I noticed a few explanations could have revised. Not a major update, but some details may be worth seeing.

New explanation:
Table of Gacha Rates

- List of Shot Types
Added scoring reference videos (Cross Blade D, Pile Bunker D, Photon Ray H/D).
- Other Skill Considerations
Added another consideration concerning the extra two seconds of Skill duration than the duration displayed on a Skill's description.
- In-game Skill Descriptions
Applied the same font for all Japanese text (the mistake happened because both fonts look very similar on Microsoft Word).
- Glossary
Added a more information for the redirected section of the guide for the following terms: Experience, National Score Contests.
Added a new term in the Gacha Terms category: Step Gacha.
Added links to the work-in-progress Gomaotsu Guide Wiki's explanation of basic game terms.
- Mission screen
Improved the explanation of event missions.
- Class Rankings:
Improved overall explanation.
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

13.6 update. Although necessary due to the appearance of a new shot and Skill, little has changed (more on that at the end of this log).

- Added "Phoenix" to the shot types list (new shot type).
- Added "Search Rapid-Fire" and respective information to the List of Skill and Descriptions and other sections regarding Skills.
- Reorganized the texts on "In-game Skill Explanations" in order to make it more uniform.
- Updated the outdated game version on the introduction.

A personal note concerning the guide's development
All the game's noteworthy features have long been explained, and I will work at full pace to explain new features (side note: a large-scale update is scheduled for September). All I can do to improve the guide at this point is make the current explanations more detailed and give more advice. I am all about doing that, but recently I have found an artist in myself, and the reception from my followers on Twitter has been quite positive.
As much as I like explaining the complex systems of Gomaotsu, I question how much guide readers would take out of them. Heavily competitive players are a rare breed, even more so on the overseas; so until it becomes a demand, I will not, for example, list all the score multipliers upon destroying each type of enemy. For the contained community that we have over at our Discord server, personal advice and reference videos neatly accomplish this.
For the time being, I will spend most of my free time on drawing the characters of Gomaotsu (until the coming of large-scale updates or the appearance of a certain demand), as it has been a blast. I'd appreciate if a dedicated fan could help me explaining the very specific, mostly useless details of Gomaotsu, but until such a person appears, I will be writing on my own.
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

On this massive update, the ver.2.0.0 features are explained. The guide advances to its 14th version.

New explanations:
- Maiden's Academy (20+ screens) (+ mentions on previously existing explanations)
- Jarastar Mode (Id.)
- Refill screen (Id.)

(IMPORTANT) Correction of wrong information
- A player does not need to win a guild battle match in order to raise the chain. They only need to start a match.

Other:
- Fixed the diagram order in the Home Screen explanation.
- Corrected typos and revised weird grammar.
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

VERSION 14.1 HOTFIX update
Daily Bingo & Related:
- On the new update, the "Visit the Guild Screen" task has been replaced by "Complete a Maiden's Academy match", and the respective sections of the guide have been updated.

Jarastar Mode:
- Added a few overlooked details to the explanation.

List of Shot Types:
- Phoenix is now listed as recommended for S score evaluation for Death stages.

List of Skills:
- Added another reference video for Homing Penetrating Bullet.
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

Version 14.4 small fixes update

Maiden's Academy:
- Small adjustments to the explanations were made, as the utility of the new game features became clearer

Guild Battles:
- Earlier I pointed out that the explanation for Chain earning was wrong. While a I fixed this explanation earlier, I forgot to fix the parts that mention it. They are now fixed

List of Shot Types:
- Added "Inferno" to the shot type list (new shot type)

List of Event Types:
- Rental Score contests were explained briefly

Other:
Aldnox

Post by Aldnox »

Hey, awesome job on this guide! I don't even play the game, but after seeing how much hard work you've put into this I'll check it out :D
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

Aldnox wrote:Hey, awesome job on this guide! I don't even play the game, but after seeing how much hard work you've put into this I'll check it out :D
Thank you very much. The Japanese community on Twitter and the small overseas community have been giving me a lot of support, so it's been a lot of fun.
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

You've clearly put a ton of effort into this guide, and this sort of work can't be appreciated enough. Thank you!

As someone just curiously wanting to toe-dip into the game, though, the guide's length and content is a bit daunting. Would you say the majority of the guide should be understood to start enjoying the game, and if not, is there a portion (Pages N to X) that you would recommend to fully understand before starting? :)
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

dunpeal2064 wrote:You've clearly put a ton of effort into this guide, and this sort of work can't be appreciated enough. Thank you!

As someone just curiously wanting to toe-dip into the game, though, the guide's length and content is a bit daunting. Would you say the majority of the guide should be understood to start enjoying the game, and if not, is there a portion (Pages N to X) that you would recommend to fully understand before starting? :)
Slowly absorbing the guide while playing the game seems to be a good way. What I always say to beginners that join our Discord server is that the guide is very big and I don't actually expect people to read it all, so asking questions to us there is welcome. On the same line, playing with friends is often more fun, so I always hope more people get to join us there.
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

2201030 wrote:Heyy, I have been playing this game for almost half a year already, and just found this forum. I am in the Lobi community and have been in quite a few guilds so far (bar☆crono、既婚者の会、メジナ幼稚園 etc.). And it appears I am the only one from the US that uses the Lobi app. Wondering if there is a US/British community for this game? FYI in the next update 2.1 they are gonna add in-game friend/guild chat function too, would be cool to meet some people that speak English.
I suppose you are Tommy on Discord. Thanks for joining us. Sorry for seeing this reply late :lol:
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

Massive update for ver2.1! Do not be afraid to type in English or machine-translated Japanese with other players, as the reaction will most likely be positive.

Explanations of new features (20+ screens):
- Message Board
- new Friends List
- new Helper Select
- new Mana Gacha
...and more.

New explanations of old features:
- Change Outfit screen

Other:
- Added "Demon's Horn" and its score attack reference video to the shot types list (new shot type)
- Added "Mine Bomber" to the shot types list (new shot type)
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

Modest 15.1 update.

List of Shot Types
- Recommended shot types for guild battles now have a uppercase or lowercase "G" mark depending on whether they are recommended as a primary or secondary shot type
- Added "Twist Claw" to the list (new shot type) and recommended it as a primary guild battle shot type
- Added score contest reference videos to a few shot types

List of Stamps
- Added "Happy Birthday" stamp to the list of stamps

Other
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

Version 15.3 update. Not much has changed since the last one, only the introduction of a new shot type and several stamps.

List of Shot Types
- Added "Guilty Saw" to the list (new shot type) and recommended it for S score evaluation upon clearing Death quests

List of Stamps
- Added several stamps to the list

A big update is coming soon, which will introduce a new stat parameter named "Luck". Looking forward to explain it :lol:
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

Here's something different. I want to make a FAQ section for the guide, divided in subcategories for each game mode, in order to help browsing the long explanations. I thought of some good questions to add, but I'd also like to hear suggestions from other people. If you can think of any important questions (even if you already know the answer), please post them as a reply.
NoctsRanunofVSSE

Post by NoctsRanunofVSSE »

In Familiars menu: Sometimes, merging rarity 6 is a complicated way to merge stuff. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

In Guild: How come different stages may apply every and week?

Lobi problems: How come Lobi doesn't allow users to access in YT anymore?

Connection lags during gameplay: Is it me or depending others' lag connections due of over-trafficking servers? (Prolly connectivity errors)

I wonder if these questions were sufficiently enough, cause I only have several ideas in it. Hope that helps.
GOMAOTSU player, Time Crisis player, and other stuff.
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

NoctsRanunofVSSE wrote:In Familiars menu: Sometimes, merging rarity 6 is a complicated way to merge stuff. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Connection lags during gameplay: Is it me or depending others' lag connections due of over-trafficking servers? (Prolly connectivity errors)

I wonder if these questions were sufficiently enough, cause I only have several ideas in it. Hope that helps.
I suppose we could summarize the first question as "How to reincarnate familiars?". The answer would be "You can see the requirements on the Reincarnate Familiars screen explanation".

The second question is a good one. I intended to do a list with videos of all guild battle stages, and might add this to the guide in the future.

As for the third question, as Lobi will be defunct in a few months, I would not add a FAQ question concerning it.

Usually when maintenance is over, download speed is really slow. I suppose sometimes the game suffers from heavy user traffic.

Thanks for the insights.
NoctsRanunofVSSE

Post by NoctsRanunofVSSE »

AcePleiades wrote:
NoctsRanunofVSSE wrote:In Familiars menu: Sometimes, merging rarity 6 is a complicated way to merge stuff. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

I suppose we could summarize the first question as "How to reincarnate familiars?". The answer would be "You can see the requirements on the Reincarnate Familiars screen explanation".

The second question is a good one. I intended to do a list with videos of all guild battle stages, and might add this to the guide in the future.

As for the third question, as Lobi will be defunct in a few months, I would not add a FAQ question concerning it.

Usually when maintenance is over, download speed is really slow. I suppose sometimes the game suffers from heavy user traffic.

Thanks for the insights.

I have a bad feeling why the connectivity has a big problem according to lag, even though I was playing Guild Battle and downloading some contents left me a cram. I was wondering why the download speed is laggy in terms of slow connections...
GOMAOTSU player, Time Crisis player, and other stuff.
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

Big update for version 2.2! Over 20 screens were added or updated on this version.

Explanations of new features:
- Luck Synthesis and details
- New Filter Familiars screen
- New Reorder Familiars function
- New Change Displayed Stats function
- Owned Items screen + advice on selling items
...and more

List of Shot Types:
- Added "Charge Cannon" to the shot types list and recommended it for acquiring S score evaluation on Death stages for beginners (new shot type)

List of Skills:
- Updated values of Power Multiplier for the Skill "Homing Penetrating Bullet"

Other:
- New design for the table of contents
- Corrected the title of a few explanations
- Fixed some hyperlinks

The development of the previously mentioned FAQ section continues.
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

Moderate update for game version 2.3. Lobi play will be missed!

Explanation for new features
- AP Boost
- Renewed Presents screen
- Replacement of Lobi Play for Youtube + advice on how to search for reference videos
- And more...
AcePleiades

Post by AcePleiades »

After a long while, another moderate update for the new version released yesterday (2.4). It appears the game has reached it's peak as far as features are concerned...!

Explanations for new screens
- New explanations for Quest Selection screen's Score Contest Tab and related screens
- Changes in the Familiar Filter screen explanation, among other minor screens

Revision of familiar upgrading
- The process of leveling and evolving familiars has been revised, and the guide explains it accordingly

New shot types
- Added "Death Scythe" to the list of shot types
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Wow, this guide is sick! I guess I'll give Gomaotsu another chance now that I can navigate the menus.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
BAD

Post by BAD »

Just got around to downloading the update to this after a long hiatus. I understand Japanese, but will read through your guide later in case I come across anything I don't! Great job! Thanks!
badcp.info
dorelas

Post by dorelas »

how do you play this? this is not in google play store in Europe!!!!!
has it been published in Brazil and Philippines?
can you please PM me your link to the shop?
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

dorelas wrote:how do you play this? this is not in google play store in Europe!!!!!
has it been published in Brazil and Philippines?
can you please PM me your link to the shop?
https://apps.qoo-app.com/en/app/1302
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
Camp

Post by Camp »

I'm trying to upgrade one of my characters from a 5 to a 6, but it says I'm missing a "boundary break" requirement. What is this and how do I get it? Screenshots here: https://imgur.com/a/vEk3Z1Z

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out.