NEO heiankyo Alien (FC)

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
KAI

NEO heiankyo Alien (FC)

Post by KAI »

A full remake of the original Heiankyo Alien produced by Columbus Circle coming out next month for Famicom.
Spoiler
Trailer

STAFF:
・PRODUCE/MUSIC……中潟 憲雄(NORIO NAKAGATA)
・PROGRAM/MUSIC…・・杉山 和彦(KAZUHIKO SUGIYAMA)
・GRAPHIC…・・松枝 希世志(KIYOSHI MATSUEDA)
・CHARACTER DOT DESIGN…・・小野 浩(HIROSHI ONO)
・ILLUSTRATION…・・RIKI
・PACKAGE ILLUSTRATION…・・篠﨑 雄一郎(YUICHIRO SHINOZAKI)
・DIORAMA…・・マウント工房  増山 努(TSUTOMU MASUYAMA)
・MUSIC
 川田 宏行(HIROYUKI KAWADA)
 TECHNOuchi
 増子 津可燦(TSUKASA MASUKO)
 細江 慎治(SHINJI HOSOE)
 塩田 信之 (NOBUYUKI SHIODA)
 BUN
 東海林 弘憲(HIRONORI SHOJI)
 ヨナオケイシ (KEISHI YONAO)

Looks neat, and those musicians <3
Ghegs

Re: NEO heiankyo Alien (FC)

Post by Ghegs »

Now that's pretty interesting, thanks for the heads-up. Columbus Circle's previous non-music cart release Kira Kira Star Night DX was only barely a game, but this is certainly a step in the right direction. Here's hoping they've ironed out the issues with their cartridge manufacturing...
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Hiroshi "Mr. Dotman" Ono? Pre-order placed.
X - P - B
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

What? No tate mode like the SFC version?
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Apparently Norio Nakagata's brother-in-law was one of the people that made the original Heiankyo Alien, so this should be pretty damn spot-on.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

OK, Play Asia delivered this yesterday.

Had a spin on my Famicom AV, presentation is slick to say the least, with the correct modern sensibility (music test with every composer credited and such). Gameplay offers the a classic rendition of the 1979 original, and the "Neo" update. Overall, a solid purchase, but don't ask me to have a peek into the cartridge's guts, I'm too scared to do that. :P
X - P - B
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Got mine a little while ago. The production values are good, but the game itself is rather boring. And the game runs in constant slowdown whenever there are more than a few enemies on screen.

At least this shows Columbus Circle can do something else besides just the music carts, so I'm looking forward to what they'll put out next.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
qmish

Post by qmish »

wow, didn't know about this famicom homebrew remake. Bump due to EXA's announcement of PC's heiankyo alien 3671 for the sake of it

looks like its still available at playasia

so, judging by video, it looks and sounds cool but doesnt have gameplay/scoring additions? unlike mindware's 3671
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I don't think I can get this game anywhere without ending up paying a huge customs fee. Is it really worth playing? I never understood the appeal of this game, but to be fair - I haven't played it either.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

qmish wrote:so, judging by video, it looks and sounds cool but doesnt have gameplay/scoring additions? unlike mindware's 3671
Nope, nothing that I can tell. Over at Famicom World forums I said that the concept might be more interesting if it was reworked so that each alien type followed certain patterns, and you had to figure out the most optimal way of trapping them, and maybe give a multiplier score bonus for trapping many enemies within a few seconds. The Exa version seems to doing something like that.
Sumez wrote:I don't think I can get this game anywhere without ending up paying a huge customs fee. Is it really worth playing? I never understood the appeal of this game, but to be fair - I haven't played it either.
Give the original game a run on MAME or Game Boy or something. If you think it's fun, then this might be worth getting. Personally, I don't really care for the gameplay. Too random. Sometimes I managed to clear a stage in mere seconds when the aliens just walked directly into my traps, other times I had to either chase them or wait for them to fall in for minutes. Eventually I got bored and just let them kill me.

My videos
qmish

Post by qmish »

Where can i read about all those japanese nicknames for dig positions?

I know Retirement Digging, Akiba Digging, Heart Digging, Ito Digging from HG101 article, and also Igata (? original: イゲタ掘り ) Digging from one of Steam guides. And then i read about existance of Nagano Dig and Insurance Dig, but can't find pics for them.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Is the Neo version similar to the GB updated version?