Raiden V: Director's Cut for PS4 to be released by UFO Int.

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
NeoStrayCat

Re: Raiden V: Director's Cut for PS4 to be released by UFO I

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Although what's kinda funny with this, besides the Amazon listing, UFO Int. hasn't really officially annouced the game yet. Its not even mentioned on their official site or their social media, but I doubt that's going to change sometime soon.

Either way, since they do have a history for bringing both Raiden 3 and 4 over...yeah, I assume as much they'll do the same for 5.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

Does the Xbox One version have voice volume and/or japanese audio options? If not, I hope the Director's cut adds them. I don't like the english voice acting at all.
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

Still not officially announced but it's now available to order. $40 USD.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0714 ... il_title_1
reckon luck wrote:Does the Xbox One version have voice volume and/or japanese audio options? If not, I hope the Director's cut adds them. I don't like the english voice acting at all.
There's voice volume options but no Japanese audio.
Last edited by DoomsDave on Thu May 25, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

reckon luck wrote:Does the Xbox One version have voice volume and/or japanese audio options? If not, I hope the Director's cut adds them. I don't like the english voice acting at all.
No version on Xbox One has Japanese VA, they're all English-only. Voice volume can be adjusted to your liking, even turned off completely.
:lol:
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

Isn't it all in Japanese if you get the disc and don't download any patches? I recall a patch coming out that switched everything to English ahead of its Western release.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

TransatlanticFoe wrote:Isn't it all in Japanese if you get the disc and don't download any patches? I recall a patch coming out that switched everything to English ahead of its Western release.
There weren't any Japanese voices to begin with, in the original disc version none of the dialogue is voiced at all.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

There are two things that I find kind of surprising about this:
  • After the Raiden III and IV Overkill Steam and the Caladrius Blaze PS4/Steam release I figured H2 Interactive would be the one releasing the Raiden V port(s worldwide) - not UFO Interactive (in just North America).
  • UFO Interactive hasn't done a physical release in ages.
Another point of uncertainty is who is doing the port - Shanghai Riceman Technology Co., Ltd. did the Caladrius Blaze and Raiden IV Overkill PS3 ports but they haven't been active since mid-2014; I suspect that the PS4/PC ports of Caladrius Blaze were either done by H2 Interactive internally or subcontracted out by them. I doubt that MOSS is involved in the Raiden V PS4 port any more than in some kind of "directive" capacity.

Ultimately that listing on amazon.com may be the only opportunity to grab a physical PS4 copy (going by GameFAQs the "regular" version may be PSN only - UFO Interactive's usual MO) and may only happening because of the precedent of small print runs set by the likes of Limited Run, iam8bit, etc. The quantity of pre-orders could very well determine the size of the print run as I doubt UFO Interactive plans to have physical copies hanging around like they had from the Xbox 360 Raiden IV physical release.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

PS4 and PC too, huh?
I'm still wondering what these new stages are about.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Every single bullet is HD? Wow.
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

HydrogLox wrote:The quantity of pre-orders could very well determine the size of the print run as I doubt UFO Interactive plans to have physical copies hanging around like they had from the Xbox 360 Raiden IV physical release.
So what are you saying, does it have alot of chances of being rare? Cause I haven't gone ahead and per-ordered yet, I was waiting for a price cut, but if it won't be staying available for too long i'd better pre-order it.

For example Gravity Rush Remastered US Version was only available for a few months exclusively on amazon.com and then it suddenly was all sold out and hasn't been available ever since.

Sumez wrote:Every single bullet is HD? Wow.
Hyping it up like if it was 2007!
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

So new stages to go along with the addition of a 2-player mode? I assume new music to go along with those new stages too. Now I'm even more curious to see if/how they rebalanced the game. If they changed it up enough, it might actually be worth double-dipping.
TransatlanticFoe wrote:Isn't it all in Japanese if you get the disc and don't download any patches? I recall a patch coming out that switched everything to English ahead of its Western release.
No, if you play it unpatched there is no VA at all, though the text would be in Japanese of course. MOSS only funded English VA for the game, which is what all versions have once they're patched. After the patch, the language of the text is dependent on the Xbox One's region setting. For example, my Japanese version of Raiden V shows me English text in-game because my Xbox One is usually set to US, but I can make it all show up in Japanese again by switching my console's region to Japan.
HydrogLox wrote: Ultimately that listing on amazon.com may be the only opportunity to grab a physical PS4 copy (going by GameFAQs the "regular" version may be PSN only - UFO Interactive's usual MO) and may only happening because of the precedent of small print runs set by the likes of Limited Run, iam8bit, etc. The quantity of pre-orders could very well determine the size of the print run as I doubt UFO Interactive plans to have physical copies hanging around like they had from the Xbox 360 Raiden IV physical release.
They didn't print massive numbers of copies of Raiden IV 360 because they wanted to, they did it because they were forced to by Microsoft. During the 360 days at least, Microsoft in the US required a publisher to order a minimum print run of ~50k copies of a physical 360 game, which was fine for a mainstream game but ridiculous for niche games like shmups (for reference, the US localization of Deathsmiles which is the best-selling 360 shmup released in the US, only managed to sell through half of its print run at full/near-full price). This is why the US localizations of very niche Japanese games available on 360 are so cheap and easy to find.

On the flip side, Sony allows publishers to order very small print runs of physical PS3/PS4/Vita games, which in turn has made a number of them rare and valuable. This is also why companies such as Limited Run Games are able to exist.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

Lawfer wrote:Cause I haven't gone ahead and per-ordered yet, I was waiting for a price cut, but if it won't be staying available for too long i'd better pre-order it.
I don't care about rarity but I also don't care for being in a position where I may have to pay more than I would have at release. At this point the circumstances around the availability of the physical release is speculation - but I'm in the "better pre-order it" camp. The price is pretty much in line with "Limited Run" releases; US$24.99 - 29.99 for the game and an additional US$15 for the soundtrack (though this one will likely not have a separate CD case, and the Astebreed OST was 2 CDs) - so I wouldn't hold my breath for a "price drop". The advantage here is that you don't have to commit to the typical LRG buying frenzy to secure a copy - you just pre-order it. Now there still is the danger of a CD in a PS4 case with a just a download code - but that risk is probably acceptable given that low quantity print runs aren't an obstacle on the PS4 right now.
This game seems to be using Azure servers for one of its modes
(ref.) Maybe "Director's Cut" refers to cutting out the server based functionality. :lol:
Last edited by HydrogLox on Fri May 26, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Cuilan wrote:So new stages to go along with the addition of a 2-player mode? I assume new music to go along with those new stages too. Now I'm even more curious to see if/how they rebalanced the game. If they changed it up enough, it might actually be worth double-dipping.
The article lists 22 tracks in the soundtrack (which is the current size of the soundtrack), but it's noted as 22* tracks in the article, so who the hell knows what that means.
Xyga wrote:
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

HydrogLox wrote:
This game seems to be using Azure servers for one of its modes
(ref.) Maybe "Director's Cut" refers to cutting out the server based functionality. :lol:
Well, the cheer system is still in the game. So maybe they switched to a different service, or made it offline-only.
Durandal wrote: The article lists 22 tracks in the soundtrack (which is the current size of the soundtrack), but it's noted as 22* tracks in the article, so who the hell knows what that means.
Yeah, I just noticed that. Would be both weird and unfortunate if they just reuse the music already used for other stages, especially since I really enjoy the OST and would like to have more new tracks to listen to.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

Durandal wrote:but it's noted as 22* tracks in the article, so who the hell knows what that means.
From Raiden V: Director's Cut Coming Fall 2017! - UFO Interactive Games:
*Final track count may vary.
i.e. they haven't made up their mind about what they are actually going to do. Product Web Page.
Cuilan wrote:Well, the cheer system is still in the game. So maybe they switched to a different service, or made it offline-only.
I expect that it will be "just another power gauge".
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I don't see any changes, other than the edition of two players now.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Yeah, co-op is the only new thing in that trailer. Maybe they're not making any changes after all.

edit: MOSS said on twitter that it will have a new mission stage.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

It's coming to Steam now? neat
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

HydrogLox wrote:
Cuilan wrote:Well, the cheer system is still in the game. So maybe they switched to a different service, or made it offline-only.
I expect that it will be "just another power gauge".
I hope they tie it to microphone input so you have to shout cheers into your mic to charge up the cheer gauge.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

UFO are still around?

So you're saying there's a chance for Radio Allergy 2...
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

HydrogLox wrote:
Durandal wrote:but it's noted as 22* tracks in the article, so who the hell knows what that means.
From Raiden V: Director's Cut Coming Fall 2017! - UFO Interactive Games:
*Final track count may vary.
i.e. they haven't made up their mind about what they are actually going to do. Product Web Page.
Well let's just hope we get the entirety of all the tracks this time around :P
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I was expecting a lot more than just co-op, though. If it's called "Director's Cut" there has to be a few more changes.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

iconoclast wrote:edit: MOSS said on twitter that it will have a new mission stage.
twitter link
Google Translate wrote:PS4 add a "lightning V Director's Cut" announced -2 ​​people play simultaneously and a new stage! | Inside
xxx1993 wrote:If it's called "Director's Cut" there has to be a few more changes.
Really? In my experience "Director's Cut" simply conveys a few iterative refinements over the original. I think sometimes your expectations are largely driven by wishful thinking.

I'll be happy if the port isn't botched in a "PS3 Orange Box" kind of way (not that it should but there is always plenty of opportunity for some kind of failure).
qmish

Post by qmish »

cj iwakura wrote:UFO are still around?

How? Milestone is dead. I wonder if director even alive, he is in prison currently.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Because I see a few movies with "Director's Cut" slapped onto the title. Like Blade Runner, Rambo IV, Aliens, to name a few.
Pedro Lambrini

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I'm pretty chuffed this is coming to PC. I'd kind of given up hope when I saw this thread when it was first posted. Just presumed it was going to PS4 and that would be that.

Between this and Shikigami no Shiro coming to PC, it's been a good month for me and shmups. :)
It's Dangerous! It's Devious! It's...
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

qmish wrote:
cj iwakura wrote:UFO are still around?

How? Milestone is dead. I wonder if director even alive, he is in prison currently.
How many years is he serving? And what was he in prison for?
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

xxx1993 wrote:And what was he in prison for?
Wikipedia:
In March 2013, Hiroshi Kimura, the president of MileStone, was arrested for violations of the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act for his activities while selling shares of a new company called MS Bio Energy. Both companies closed as a result.