The shmups sales/deals thread

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BulletMagnet

Re: The shmups* sales/deals thread

Post by BulletMagnet »

Flash Sale on PSN - Mamoru-kun, Raiden Overkill, R-Type Dimensions discounted if you don't already have them.
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

Mushihimesama and 1.5 are now mine!
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Thanks for the heads-up! Time to finally get Sonicomi... :mrgreen:
By the way, does DFK still have a few broken modes? Is the bug where the game freezes if you press all 4 buttons in a specific arrange mode still there? I have been holding out on a purchase for those reasons and no sale is going to convince me if the game's still glitchy.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
STGAlmond

Post by STGAlmond »

M.Knight wrote:Thanks for the heads-up! Time to finally get Sonicomi... :mrgreen:
By the way, does DFK still have a few broken modes? Is the bug where the game freezes if you press all 4 buttons in a specific arrange mode still there? I have been holding out on a purchase for those reasons and no sale is going to convince me if the game's still glitchy.
Some of the issues are still present with the arrange modes. One of them has no slowdown in hyper which is sorta fun. I think the 4 button issue was with the weird score attack mode, but I never tested it to know if it is still there. The other modes seem good. The ketsui style arrange had some fixes, but I can't vouch for how accurate it is now. it is certainly better than before. AFAIK the other not arrange modes are good. I would say its worth it especially on discount unless you just absolutely love those arrange modes and not the others.

EDIT:
There was actually a response over on the steam forums just recently talking about some of the issues still present in the CAVE ports.
SteamForums
Last edited by STGAlmond on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

I see! Thank you~ :)
The price is clearly worth it if the main modes are what draws us the most, I agree. But I personally feel that there's something wrong in financially supporting a professional publisher and/or a developper who put out a game with whole chunks that do not play as well as advertised; and by purchasing it, I would validate their choice to ignore those issues for this game and encourage them to do that again in the future.

To be honest, I don't even care that much for the buggy arrange modes right now because I never even played them beforehand and I get the feeling I won't like them that much in the end. :lol:
But I would still like to have a chance at trying them out without those lingering issues.

So, if someone from Degica is still there : well, there's at least one person here who would be glad to give you money but won't until everything is fixed. =p
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

The Alltynex series is 50% off on Steam right now, think it's a weekend deal?
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Didn't see it posted above, but currently for North American Gold members on XBL, Under Defeat ($4.99) and Akai Katana ($2.49) are on sale. How these games got paired up with a bunch of WWE games is beyond me.
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

Jamestown+ is now on sale on the EU PSN for €2.99, €3.99 for its "ultimate edition".
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

Battle Garegga sale on Japan PSN:

¥3676 (PS+ ¥3356)
tate

Post by tate »

Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo and its OST are 30% off on Steam until April 15th. The Soundtrack Edition is 40% off. These are the only sales on the first and last apart from 15% off on the Humble Store and Steam, respectively. The OST has never been on sale by itself.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

kane wrote:
tate wrote:Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo and its OST are 30% off on Steam until April 15th. The Soundtrack Edition is 40% off. These are the only sales on the first and last apart from 15% off on the Humble Store and Steam, respectively. The OST has never been on sale by itself.
Anybody knows if the Steam version is a standalone binary?
I'm curious to know the differences between it and the version you can download for free in the high score thread (besides being in English).
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

The Coop wrote:I'm curious to know the differences between it and the version you can download for free in the high score thread (besides being in English).
There are alternate versions of each stage except the first (2A/2B, 3A/3B, etc.), double the number of ship choices, retuned rank system, and altered scoring mechanics.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Shepardus wrote:
The Coop wrote:I'm curious to know the differences between it and the version you can download for free in the high score thread (besides being in English).
There are alternate versions of each stage except the first (2A/2B, 3A/3B, etc.), double the number of ship choices, retuned rank system, and altered scoring mechanics.
And that answers that. Thanks.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

the music is also different. i prefer the music in the original game unfortunately.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Raiden IV: Overkill for Steam is on sale at Indiegala for $2.99.
tate

Post by tate »

Theory posted yesterday that Battle Garrega was down to ¥3890 in the BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2) thread. This was effectively a return to the previous low experienced before a temporary rebound to ~¥6500. It's down to ¥2980 at the moment.
tate

Post by tate »

Bonus! wrote:Mushihimesama (Steam) for $4.99, which is the lowest price we've seen so far, if I'm not mistaken:
http://www.wingamestore.com/product/5383/Mushihimesama/
(Is this a good port?)
Back down to $4.99. Not as great a deal as August last year when it was apparently a price error, given that the game has been 66% off a number of times since. But if you're on the fence...
tate

Post by tate »

Posting, as I think consider it an STG: Downwell is available for a historically low $0.99, DRM-free on GOG.

Also, DLsite has some random games at 30% to 80% off + 20% back, also DRM-free. The most interesting are Astro Port's Wolflame and Zangeki Warp, which are an estimated $6.79 apiece before 20% back.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Mamoru-Kun Curse ($1.49 W/PS+) and Raiden IV OverKill ($4.49 W/PS+) on sale as part of Golden Week on US PS Store.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

NeoStrayCat wrote:Mamoru-Kun Curse ($1.49 W/PS+) and Raiden IV OverKill ($4.49 W/PS+) on sale as part of Golden Week on US PS Store.
ADK Damashii (with Tinkle Star Sprites, $8.99 with PS+), Astebreed ($9.99 with PS+), and Pristmatic Solid ($4.99 with PS+) for PS4 are also on sale.
MommysBestGames

Post by MommysBestGames »

On sale on Steam, May 1st - 8th:
Shoot 1UP for 75% off: http://store.steampowered.com/app/373610
Game Type for 66% off: http://store.steampowered.com/app/373630
OSTs too.
Happy shooting!
Made a giant arcade-adventure: Pig Eat Ball. Also made shmup with multi-ships: Shoot 1UP DX, Gunstacking game: Serious Sam Double D XXL, and more shooters.
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Caladrius Blaze is also in the PS4 sale. However it appears that there's something weird going on with discounts, or PS4 sucks at math:
It's not sales tax, as I can add other non-discounted items and they add up correctly.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Playism is having a sale on their site, a couple of shmups are in there alongside other stuff.
tate

Post by tate »

tate wrote:Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo and its OST are 30% off on Steam until April 15th. The Soundtrack Edition is 40% off. These are the only sales on the first and last apart from 15% off on the Humble Store and Steam, respectively. The OST has never been on sale by itself.
The Humble Store has Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo at 30% off, for those of you who were holding out for a DRM-free copy in addition to a Steam one.
tate

Post by tate »

Guwange and Space Giraffe are both 75% off at xbox.com, or $2.49 and $1.24 respectively. I don't think either has ever been on sale. Ikaruga is also $2.49, which I'm guessing is 75% off. Searched for every other US 360 non-twinstick STG and DLC (Hutari) I could think of – what a terrible interface – and didn't find anything else.

[Edit: Strania and R-Type Dimensions are also $2.49 each.]
HalfCent

Post by HalfCent »

Thanks for the heads up. Picked up Guwange and Ikaruga finally.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

tate wrote:Guwange and Space Giraffe are both 75% off at xbox.com, or $2.49 and $1.24 respectively. I don't think either has ever been on sale. Ikaruga is also $2.49, which I'm guessing is 75% off. Searched for every other US 360 non-twinstick STG and DLC (Hutari) I could think of – what a terrible interface – and didn't find anything else.

Here's the full list.

Too add to your post, Triggerheart Excelica is also on sale for $2.49. NIN2-JUMP, while not a shmup, is on sale for its lowest price yet ($1.24).
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
Jamesbuc

Post by Jamesbuc »

tate wrote:Guwange and Space Giraffe are both 75% off at xbox.com, or $2.49 and $1.24 respectively. I don't think either has ever been on sale. Ikaruga is also $2.49, which I'm guessing is 75% off. Searched for every other US 360 non-twinstick STG and DLC (Hutari) I could think of – what a terrible interface – and didn't find anything else.

Omega One is also on sale too as is the Capcom Arcade base pack (that has 1943 in it), the centipede/millipede pack and Midway Arcade Origins.
donluca

Post by donluca »

Thanks! Grabbed Guwange right away.
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

Got Guwange and rebought Ikaruga for the alternative Radiant Silvergun mode. Bummer that Hard Corps Uprising didn't make the sale, and that Raiden Fighters Aces isn't BC yet.