Dangun Feveron PS4, ported/published by M2, out this winter

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Feedbacker

Re: Dangun Feveron PS4, ported/published by M2, out this win

Post by Feedbacker »

hamfighterx wrote:OMG why can M2 get scanlines so right when EVERYBODY else seems incapable?
How would that compare to the default hlsl setting in mame? (which looks good imo)
WarpZone

Post by WarpZone »

Anyone know if there are any timing options to remove frame stuttering every second, even if it makes it run slightly faster?
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Does it include a three button option like Progear?
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Dangun Feveron, Fever Arrange notes

A quick summation of what I know just from the first day of play.

- - - - -

When the Safety Line is active:
• Staying under the Safety Line will:
- Tick up the value of cyborgs by +1 every 0.5sec (even during bosses)
- Auto-collect cyborgs from full-screen
- Enable Auto-Bomb

• Staying above the Safety Line will:
- Deactivate Auto-Bomb (aka you're dead if hit)
- Deactivate cyborg auto-collection

* In general:
- Powerup carriers seem to release bombs with more frequency (notable in Stage 5)
- Cyborgs are worth +1 to standard value (as in Arcade Mode)
- Auto-bombing drops the your current chain value by [something] - not sure if fixed amount of percentage based.

- - - - -

When the Safety Line is inactive
- Cyborgs drop down the screen as normal, but there is a small radius of attraction around your ship which makes collection a little easier
- Cyborgs are worth +2 to standard value (double their usual worth)
- There is a temporary full-screen cyborg auto-collect if there is a particularly large amount of cyborgs on screen (50+?)
- Bombs now cancel bullets into cyborgs, as well as turning enemies in cyborgs when destroyed
- Auto-bombing drops the your current chain value by [something] - not sure if fixed amount of percentage based.

- - - - -

How to deactivate the Safety Line
- Stay in the Safety Zone for the whole of the first half of the first stage - do not leave the Safety Zone at all
- Kill everything as quickly as possible, and let cyborgs auto-collect
- Before you get to the mid-point of the stage with the three large missile-launcher satellites, have at least 140 cyborgs collected (not value, collected).
- The Safety Line will disappear at this point if you've triggered what is essentially Ura Route.

- - - - -

General points about Ura Route
- Like Garegga Premium Arrange, Max Rank, it is possible to be forced out of Ura Route. The game will reactivate the Safety Line if you have two or less extends in stock, not counting the active life.
- Also, like Garegga Premium Arrange, Max Rank, you can regain Ura Route both in stage, and after bosses for the next stage. The only way to reactivate Ura Route is to pick up an extend that puts you over the "two extends in stock" limit for the Safety Line.
- Also, like Garegga Premium Arrange, Max Rank, if you do not activate Ura Route in Stage One, you won't be able to activate it at all in the rest of the run.

Proof of concept: Fever Arrange ALL, 36.5mil, B-Roll-3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g1m6yyYUoA

PS. The VIP Arrange soundtrack is fuckin' aural sex.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Presented without comment:
Gematsu wrote:M2 also announced Feveron Gakuen, or Feveron School. Its platform was not announced. The game is a combination of Dangun Feveron and an academy-based visual novel, and through it, you can learn how to play Dangun Feveron. The main characters are female personifications of the player ships from Dangun Feveron. The game is prodced by Yoshiyasu Matsushita (Twinkle Star Sprites series, Doki Doki Majo Shinpan! series), directed by Satoru Hasegawa (Twinkle Star Sprites: La Petite Princesse), Doki Doki Majo Shinpan! series), and executive produced by Naoki Horii.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

The way they've drawn (what I assume to be) her panties in the top-right picture there makes it look like she has a MASSIVE (sparkling) dong? I'm not sure if I'm looking at that picture right.

Jealous of all y'all PS4-having peoples right now! >:o
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Out of curiosity, is the TLB still harmless until you bomb?
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Jealous of all y'all PS4-having peoples right now! >:o
The dong makes you jealous?
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

^ lmao I didn't think that one through, did I? :lol:
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Ketsui on PS4 ? Moar shmups on the system is always good news, hope M2 will add their touch.

But what about Ketsui Gakuen ? Will it be yaoi ?
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Also Feveron looks hilarious in a cocktail cabinet with one button.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
GSK

Post by GSK »

Icarus wrote: - Auto-bombing drops the your current chain value by [something] - not sure if fixed amount of percentage based.
10%, iirc.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

I'll need more buckets for this.

Furthermore, will IKD-sensei reprise his role in Feveron Gakuen like he did in Ketsui: Death Label?
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
RuffNEC

Post by RuffNEC »

how much is this game?
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

RuffNEC wrote:how much is this game?
3996 yen
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/det ... store.html

You can get 10% off with coupon code AG9TBL9A7D until May 7th.
tate

Post by tate »

Xyga wrote:Ketsui on PS4 ? Moar shmups on the system is always good news, hope M2 will add their touch.
Actually, the platform for Kestui is still undecided. PS4 seems guaranteed, but the door appears to be open for X1S and PC. I wonder if the decision is at least partially dependent on the ability of a platform to render at 4K, which in the case of Ketsui’s 224x384 resolution could be key.

My own experience with the DC port of Mars Matrix made it clear that integer scaling in the scrolling axis (i.e., running at 2*224 lines rather than the default 480) is critical to prevent the most offensive artifacts. For Ketsui’s 384 lines, integer scaling on a yoko 1080p display would be limited to 2*384 or 71% of the height. This isn’t a problem necessarily, but a yoko 4K display would allow 5*384 or 89% of the height. In all of these instances, non-integer scaling in the other axis was/would be necessary to maintain aspect ratio.

The major benefit of 4K would be tate displays providing integer scaling in both axes, with no aspect ratio distortion. Specifically, 9*224x7*384, which would represent 93% of each axis within the maximum possible 3:4 screen area. It's an interesting coincidence that 93% nearest neighbor is what emphatic recommended for tate in the 360 port.

I believe that theoretically, PS4 can render at 4K, but I don’t know whether any games do so.
RuffNEC

Post by RuffNEC »

sikraiken wrote:https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/det ... store.html

You can get 10% off with coupon code AG9TBL9A7D until May 7th.
thx!!
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

In all of these instances, non-integer scaling in the other axis was/would be necessary to maintain aspect ratio.
but to be fair: non-integer scaling can be integrated using the right filter combinations while maintaining ALMOST the same quality as integer scaling. Just because 5pb wasn't able to do so doesn't mean it can't be (easily) done.

What I'm much more worried about is M2's ignorance when it comes to framerate conversion (reading the posts above). Why didn't they implement a frameblend option or a speed up option like we've seen in Raiden Fighters Aces ? Ketsui's ruinning closer to NTSC specs, but still to far from the standard 59.94/60Hz to not think about it.
tate

Post by tate »

Fudoh wrote:but to be fair: non-integer scaling can be integrated using the right filter combinations while maintaining ALMOST the same quality as integer scaling. Just because 5pb wasn't able to do so doesn't mean it can't be (easily) done.
Even with nearest neighbor, it seem like the issue should moderate as multiples continue to increase. In most low-res games I pretty much go full screen without noticeable consequence, but it only takes a single instance of poor in-game scaling to get back on the soap box. Don't get me started on the lack of a nearest neighbor option for PC GPU scaling.
What I'm much more worried about is M2's ignorance when it comes to framerate conversion (reading the posts above). Why didn't they implement a frameblend option or a speed up option like we've seen in Raiden Fighters Aces ? Ketsui's ruinning closer to NTSC specs, but still to far from the standard 59.94/60Hz to not think about it.
I'm surprised that there hasn't been more of an uproar about this. I'd considered referencing Scorpio's adoption of adaptive synch. But I don't think any PC STG ports make use of the capability yet.
zakk

Post by zakk »

Why would there be an uproar? The game runs at the correct speed and in general isn't a tearing mess. At least that's the case for Garegga; I haven't seen/done any Feveron tests yet.
tate wrote: I'm surprised that there hasn't been more of an uproar about this. I'd considered referencing Scorpio's adoption of adaptive synch. But I don't think any PC STG ports make use of the capability yet.
WarpZone

Post by WarpZone »

As someone who's only played Feveron in Mame, the stuttering was immediately noticable and distracting to me (is PS4 Garegga similar? I'm not sure what its original hardware speed was). On the other hand, the slower, correct speed was also noticeable and there seems to be less input lag, so it's just a tradeoff...

I would have liked at least some frame/speed options in the custom mode and am wondering if it would have been better if the new modes were designed for 60hz w/o stutter.

Other than that it seems to be a pretty great conversion. The only other thing I've noticed is that the colors and flashing when using a bomb seem more muted (likely due to Sony's health req's epilepsy, etc).

Keres, thanks for the menu translations! Anyone know if I'm correct in assuming that changing anything under System Setting and Other Setting will NOT disable rankings?
silvergunner

Post by silvergunner »

I´m looking for it,twice,and can`t find it at japanese store.Why so hidden ?
Can anyone give a hint ?
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

WarpZone wrote:Keres, thanks for the menu translations! Anyone know if I'm correct in assuming that changing anything under System Setting and Other Setting will NOT disable rankings?
As far as I know, anything under those two sections should be safe to set as you wish.
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

silvergunner wrote:I´m looking for it,twice,and can`t find it at japanese store.Why so hidden ?
Can anyone give a hint ?
https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/ ... FEVERONPS4
Radiant

Post by Radiant »

why ketsui? there is already a 360 and ps3 port??
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

There's already a Saturn port of Battle Garegga in case you didn't remember.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Radiant

Post by Radiant »

Saturn is old and the garegga port is expensive

ps3 & 360 are quite new and the port is good and cheap

even another ibara port would make more sense than this