1 billion points is serious. Congrats!
Feedbacker

Re: Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou Black Label [Arcade/X360]

Post by Feedbacker »

Thanks Erppo!
Mrhide

Post by Mrhide »

after visiting HEY arcade 2 weeks ago, I am humbled at how much I suck !! ... and I thought I was "not so bad, almost good" at shmups!

Seeing your score has the same effect! :shock:
CRI

Post by CRI »

wow Feedbacker.... this is really awesome!
i wanted to send you a pm to ask if you are playing atm and if you think you can hit 1b soon. this answers my question. :D
congrats on that milestone. and keep playing this awesome game. :)
harduser

Post by harduser »

Congratulations Feedbacker!
2-5 has 500m at least,maybe soon you'll get 1.5bil :D
Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

Cheers mates! With my current routes 1.5b is very likely but I'd like to get at least 2b in the future. Such a fun game to play for score.
CRI

Post by CRI »

Code: Select all

10. CRI                     814,321,870    A-E    2-4    2659 Hit
did my 1st livestream today and got a new PB.
stream can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2sP4vgx7ns
CRI

Post by CRI »

08. CRI                   1,086,960,370    A-E    2-5    2916 Hit
finally got that 1 Billion score.
i did this run on livestream a few hours ago but i can still feel the Hype.
it's awesome. i love this game. :D

replay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn4y-e-DSKw
Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

DOJ is the best game. :D
Nice +200m score improvement.
Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

Feedbacker - 1.069.410.850 - A-E - 2-5 - 2753 Hit

Game overed at the very begining of 2-5.
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

Erppo - 2,501,585,640 - A-E - ALL - 3637 Hit
Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

Amazing score, and still room for improvement. Congratulations!
Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

Feedbacker - 1,099,119,660 - A-E - 2-5 - 2851 Hit

Final death at the beehive section.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

congrats Feedbacker on the 1B!
and
wow Erppo :OOOOOOOOOO
!!
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
CRI

Post by CRI »

07. CRI                   1,204,167,490    A-E    2-5    2448 Hit
took me some time but i finally beat your score feedbacker.
strange run with many mistakes but full 1-5 & 2-5 chain saved the run.
will upload the replay later but if someone wanna check it out right now look at my twitch channel.
https://www.twitch.tv/cri_stg
CRI

Post by CRI »

run is now also on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs8p5Fn4dlo

before i forget, congrats on that big score Erppo. amazing score.
i hope you have not stopped playing. you are our only hope for 3b. :D
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

CRI wrote:run is now also on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs8p5Fn4dlo

before i forget, congrats on that big score Erppo. amazing score.
i hope you have not stopped playing. you are our only hope for 3b. :D
:D are you going for 3B Erppo? :D
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
CRI

Post by CRI »

i don't know what goal Erppo has but if i remember right his 2,5b score has broken chain in 2-4 and death in the middel of 2-5.
so i think 3b is possible if he get that perfect run.
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

I haven't done any runs in a while since I've been rerouting some stuff. 3b should be kinda realistic by now though so maybe it will happen when I get back on it.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

-.-
Follow me on Twitch??
Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

Congrats CRI!
PurpleTheGuy

Post by PurpleTheGuy »

Greetings, Feedbacker and everyone here! It's great to be here in this thread with you all!

I've come here today, since I got a score in DOJBL that I feel is worth posting here! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VioletHatPurple - 1,072,400,160 - A-E - 2-5 - 3284 Hit

ShmupMAME 4.2 .inp file
NVRAM file, if that happens to be needed, as well

Screenshot below
Spoiler
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, even though this run didn't 2-ALL (I did get to Hibachi, at the very least), I don't feel all that bad about it, funny enough (It's rather unusual that I post a score here, even though I haven't 2-ALL'd the game yet. I usually post scores, when I 1cc a game). The main point of this run was that I managed to finally get 1+ Billion in DOJBL in a full run (All that practice really paid off, and now that I did it, I know I can do it again :))! Yeah, back when I started work on this game a few months ago or so, chaining was a new concept to me, something I've never really done before. I don't quite know how to explain it, but as I spent more and more time on DOJBL (When I first got into DOJBL, I was just aiming for the 2-ALL with no scoring in-mind, I didn't even know how to full chain 1-1 at the time, lol :P), it was something that just, well, happened along the way, and little by little, enemy chaining and scoring just came to me. Yeah, I'm quite pleased that I got 1+ Billion in DOJBL for the 1st time ever! I may not have the 2-ALL just yet, but this was very nice to have, considering I never, ever really thought I'd actually learn how to chain in DOJBL, of all things (I guess this is what lead me to post this score of mines here, despite the fact it's not a 2-ALL)! :)

Alright, now that I got 1+ Billion in DOJBL for the 1st time ever, I think it's time for me to really practice back up on stage 2-5 and perhaps really learn how to full chain it (as well as practice that 2-4 boss some more), since it's been quite a while since I last practiced those, and it's high time to be quite sharp in those! I should also get the other parts of my 2nd loop consistency back up as well, while I'm at it.

I feel like my final battle with DOJBL is truly on it's way here, and hopefully, it won't be too long until I get my 1st ever 2-ALL of DOJBL (Hopefully, I'll get it before the end of the year, I'm aiming for that, and I'm also aiming to make my 1st ever 2-ALL of DOJBL have 1+ Billion as it's score as well))! Yeah, I'm aiming to make DOJBL my 1st ever 2-ALL (I've never done a 2-ALL before)! :)

Since this isn't a 2-ALL, I haven't made a video of it, since, to me, my work with DOJBL is not yet complete until I finally get that 2-ALL. I'll at least link you my .inp file and nvram (I play DOJBL in ShmupMAME 4.2) to show proof I did this run, and you can check out that run of mines from there, if anyone happens to be interested in seeing that! :)
Last edited by PurpleTheGuy on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Purple (or VioletHatPurple), the man who'll become King of the Doujin Players! Yes, I am a Touhou/Doujin Game Player!

YouTube Channel | Twitter Account | Scores/1cc List on Restart Syndrome
Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

Welcome to the rankings VioletHatPurple and congrats for the billion!
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

Feedbacker wrote:Welcome to the rankings VioletHatPurple and congrats for the billion!
Guess what?

Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label turns 15!

Please thank all of them for the support of this thread.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
PurpleTheGuy

Post by PurpleTheGuy »

Thanks, Feedbacker!

I got a new high score on my end ever since that time! I got this one, as of a couple hours ago! :)

VioletHatPurple - 1,136,298,240 - A-E - 2-5 - 3518 Hit

ShmupMAME 4.2 .inp file

Screenshot below:
Spoiler

For this particular run, I got a No-Miss, No-Bomb (NMNB) of the 1st loop, which hasn't happened in a while, in terms of full runs! I also got to 760 Million by the end of the 1st loop in this run as well, which is close to my 1st loop full potential as it currently stands! :)

Unfortunately, since it's not often, that I enter the 2nd loop with such an ideal situation, I got pretty nervous, and I started to really mess up at stage 2-3 (Well, I made a couple mistakes in 2-2, as well, but yet, I didn't die in 2-2 in this particular run) and then the run didn't go so well from there (I still managed to do that cat milking technique on the 2nd midboss on 2-5 somehow, though, a 1st for me, in terms of full runs, so I thought that was cool, but otherwise, yeah, the rest wasn't so hot). :( It's been a while, though, since I last did full runs, so I just gotta get used to doing full runs again.

I spent a good amount of my time last month optimizing my route in the 1st loop, where, to name a couple, I now know how to get 2300-2400+ Hits in stage 1-2 (I do get 2400+ Hits more often than 2300+ Hits in 1-2 & there was that 1 time I got 2500+ Hits in savestate practice in 1-2, but it happened only once so far, though) by way of finally nailing down that 1 milking technique in it (It's the one, where, after the midboss, there's a certain point, where you can milk 2 of the storage enemies for more hits), and I optimized my 1-5 full chain, to where I can, at the very least, get 3400+ Hits in it, where I'll often hit the 3500+ Hit mark (Which I did, in this run) and, at it's very best, I can reach up to the 3600+ Hit range! Basically, that 1 milking technique done by WY in stage 1-5 in his WR run, where he milks that 1 big tank sometime after the 3rd midboss, actually isn't very hard to do, and it was something I learned in no time, and that helped bring up the amount of chain hits I get in 1-5!

All in all, my overall 1st loop scoring potential is quite near 800 million, assuming I do everything perfectly as I'd currently know how and if I do that one risky scoring strategy, where I use my hypers early on the 2nd attack of the 1st phase of the 1-3 boss (I don't really do this particular strat often & I didn't use it for this particular run), as opposed to using my hypers on the 2nd part of the 1-3 boss, to where, when you damage him enough, the announcer says "Just a couple more shots," and I use my hypers at that moment and rush up to the boss's face (hold your laser shot while doing this whole strat until the 1-3 boss goes down), to where you'll make quick work of the 1-3 boss from there (This is the usual survival strat I use on the 2nd part of the 1-3 boss (I learned it from Erppo :)), just make sure you're not at the very bottom of the screen when you do this (You want to be at least a little above the bottom of the screen, I'd say), so that this strat works without fail)! :)

I also did some consistency practice in the 2nd loop, as well, to where I know what to do in the 2nd loop, in terms of what I've learned to chain and all. Now, I just need to really do a lot of full runs now, so that I'll run into that ideal situation more and more often (The one, where I NMNB the 1st loop w/ over 700+ Million), to where I'll eventually stop feeling nervous (or at least not feel as nervous) when I enter the 2nd loop with such a good 1st loop, to where I'll develop that confidence of pulling off all the chaining & survival techniques in the 2nd loop I've learned to do in a full run, where I'll just do it without flinching out of nervousness. Once that happens, I know the 2-ALL won't be very far away! :)

Again, I link to you both my .inp and the nvram for that particular run of mines to show proof that I did this run, and also, for if anyone happens to be interested in checking that out sometime (Again, since it's not a 2-ALL, I didn't make a video of it, since, to me, it's not done yet)!
I'm Purple (or VioletHatPurple), the man who'll become King of the Doujin Players! Yes, I am a Touhou/Doujin Game Player!

PurpleTheGuy

Post by PurpleTheGuy »

Sorry to double post here, but I actually got a new PB, as of not long ago! I didn't think I'd get a new PB within a couple days! :)

VioletHatPurple - 1,271,444,920 - A-E - 2-5 - 3412 Hit

ShmupMAME 4.2 .inp file

Screenshot below:
Spoiler

Now we're starting to talk here! I got over 1.2+ Billion in DOJBL for the 1st time ever, in terms of full runs! I actually beat Jaimers, CRI and even .ASP's best DOJBL score! I never thought I'd actually one day do it, but it finally happened! :D

For this run, I got another NMNB of the 1st loop here with over 720+ Million! A bit lower than what I had for my last PB, not to mention my hit chain is a bit lower than the last time, but that's alright, since, all in all, the 1st loop still went the way I wanted, so that's nice! :)

I full chain'ed 2-1 again & I carried the bomb bonus up to the very end of the 2-2 boss (The 2-2 boss fight didn't go ideal & I had to use 2 bombs on him, so that was the end of the bomb bonus there). I died clumsily to the 2-3 boss (1st death), and stage 2-4 didn't go so well, I died 2 times there. The 2-4 boss fight went well, though, a first for me, in terms of full runs! :) I didn't die to him in this run (I think) & I was somehow able to pull of that hyper technique on him & got 4 hypers ready to go for 2-5 by the time I got done with him.

I did a little better this time in stage 2-5 than the last time, but not by much though, so there's still some work to do there (I died 2 times in the stage part). I did, however, got to actually successfully pull off that technique (It's the one, where players, like LYX, WY and lpg, use in stage 2-5), where, once you kill the big tank on the right, you use a hyper and kill off the popcorn enemies and go through the 1st midboss! While I practiced it a number of times on savestate practice, I didn't think I'd really pull it off in full runs (At first, I didn't want to use it in full runs, since it's pretty scary for me to use, no matter how many times I do it, but I ultimately, as of not long ago, decided that I'll use it in my full runs, since it makes the section immediately after the 1st midboss a bit easier to handle, should it be done successfully)... until now, that is, so that was awesome & it was a first for me, in that regard! :)

I entered the 2-5 boss w/ 1 spare life, and got all the way up to Hibachi until I game over'd. This one might have had a chance to 2-ALL, had I not died in a few clumsy areas, but that's alright, it just means I still got some more work to do until the 2-ALL actually happens. :) I feel like I'm really starting to get more and more confident in applying everything I've learned and practiced in savestate practice in full runs, to where I'm confident about my 1st loop execution (I don't feel as nervous doing it in full runs now as I used to), and I'm getting there more and more for the 2nd loop, so, yeah, I just gotta put in a little more effort, and hopefully, pretty soon, I'll have that 1st ever 2-ALL! :)

Yeah, again, if anyone's interested in watching that particular run of mines, I linked both my .inp file and nvram. No video yet, since it's not a 2-ALL, so just hang on a little longer there!

Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

Updated. Nice improvement, keep going!
kidpanda

Post by kidpanda »

Kidpanda - 139,502,770 - B-S - 2-5 - 1344 - PCB

Finally broke my wall, made it two the second mini boss so a 2-all is possible now for me.

Spoiler
CRI

Post by CRI »

hey Purple, your progress in this game is amazing. congrats man.
what is your theoretical max atm and what's your goal? will you keep playing after the 2-all?
would be really awesome if you stream some of your runs. your route sounds so advanced i could definitely find some tips by watching.
sadly i can't get your inp file to work even with the nvram. it plays the replay for like 1-2min and then crashes mame for me.
btw: i will start doing full runs again soon and will also stream some of them.