RQ: Radilgy multiplier info

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Ste

RQ: Radilgy multiplier info

Post by Ste »

OK, I can work out that using ABS generates the green bits that fills the multplier, but how do I, er, keep it up. So to speak. Presumably I've got to use the sword attack, but on what exactly? Most I've managed so far is 4x on the first boss (once), but christ knows how I managed it, most of the time I've been limited to x2 (for brief periods, before it drops back to x1).

General play thus far involves hitting shoot & sword as much as humanly possible, and firing off ABS at seemingly suitable times (generally when there's a lot going on onscreen). In other words, it's all a bit random for me.
[ste]
"No cars go
Where we know"
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Post by MOSQUITO FIGHTER »

I usually start filling up the meter with the shield (don't shoot or slash and the shield pops up). The big ships that kind of look like cargo carriers on the first level are a good place to start. If you position the ship correctly it will draw yellow pills out of two of the boxes at once. Just stay there for awile and build up the ABS and use it if the bullets start to pile up then switch back to the shield. The meter will eventually fill. After that it seems to be easier to keep it going by collecting bullets with the ABS. So avoid shooting the sword is more usefull for gathering the blue pills to fill the ABS.

Make sure when the boss shows up that the multiplier is in the red. The bosses have to be fought at close range. Use the sword on the ballons, mines, enemies, and on the boss to keep the ABS full and keep using it. It's tricky but possible to keep it going. Since they do time out quickly you have to be quick about it. Sometimes I'll finish it off with the shot at the last minute to get the multiplier.

Hope that made sense.
Ste

Post by Ste »

Well, kind of. I dunno, I just have this insane urge in a shooter to, well, shoot, but it sounds like you're saying that's the last thing I should be doing to get the multiplier up? I'll give it a go, I've rarely, if ever, made any sort of use of the front shield so far, and I seem to spend ages trying to destroy the large "carriers" with the normal shot/sword that my % for the level (I'm assuming it means % shot down) is usually pretty awful so maybe I need to change my ideas about how I should be playing this thing.
[ste]
"No cars go
Where we know"
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Post by MOSQUITO FIGHTER »

My percentage is low also. But I'm getting mostly x16 so it kind of evens out a little. I need to figure out a way to raise the multipler meter even more quickly. Most of the enemies i'm missing is to raise the meter with the shield initally.

I think Shooting the bosses is helpfull but only while flying over them and using the sword at the same time. The rest of the time I'm mostly using the sword and then the shield on large enemies.

The shield is helpfull on many of the mid stage bosses and a few of the regular bosses also. Some of the patters are too difficult for me to dodge. But the shield gets rid of the bullets if I don't have an ABS meter ready to use.

The reason to use sword at close range with everything is because it yields more of the blue pills than just shooting the enemy does which refills the ABS more quickly and then the ABS fills the multiplier.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

The closer you are to your target, with the exception of the Bubble Shot, the more damage you do with your main shot. It's also one of the things you should be doing considering the ABS bonuses you get for destroying big targets and completely destroying formations.

In stage 2 on, the faster you destroy the larger ships, you get bonus larger ships.