What Japanese joysticks do u use for Jamma/console shmups?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
PC Engine Fan X!

What Japanese joysticks do u use for Jamma/console shmups?

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

The above subject heading reads:

What Japanese brand arcade joysticks do you like to use for Jamma based shmup PCBs and/or home game console systems?

Of course, that would be easy between the two major Japanese arcade controller manufacturers: Sanwa and Seimitsu.

I do have both brands and do have an Dreamcast Agetech joystick modded with Seimitsu joystick & push button parts for use with my two Supergun rigs that was done by none other than oxtsu himself. The button placement is 100% Japanese arcade spec layout setup...so if you were to try it out, it would be like the button layout found on the full-size Japanese arcade cabinets for a six-button layout (fighting style setup).

I wanted this setup so I can play the USA Bios region version of American Sammy's Daioh Jamma-based arcade PCB that has both the original Japanese 2-button setup & the upgraded 6-button setup for the USA region settings (via using a custom-made kick harness that uses the 4th, 5ht & 6th buttons for the three bomb button settings in 6-button configuration mode).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Last edited by PC Engine Fan X! on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Moved to Hardware.
Ord

Post by Ord »

For my vert cab, I have Seimitsu sticks and Sanwa buttons, which I prefer for shooters. On the horizontal cab it's Sanwa sticks and buttons, which I prefer for fighters.
Ikaruga review now up in PLASMA BLOSSOM
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

Neo Heo Hori Stick with sanwa stick and buttons for supergun

ps2: Tekken 5 Japanese HRAP:sanwa stick and hori stock buttons:japanese cab layout
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
SuperGrafx

Post by SuperGrafx »

For my Supergun setup, I use a stock Neo Geo joystick (the kidney-shaped second version).

For my DC, I naturally use an Agetec "Green Goblin" joystick. Unmodded, but I plan to swap out the buttons at some point.
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

I'm using homemade sticks with Zippy sticks and buttons. They SUCK ASS so I mostly use a hacked Genesis 6-button pad.

I picked up a ASCIIWARE PS1 stick today for a decent price, it has a microswitched stick with a pleasantly short throw so maybe tomorrow I'll stick in a DB-15 connector so I can use it on my supergun too. Unfortunately the buttons are still plunger though, so it's like a NeoGeo stick I guess.