Ace Combat

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

What is your favorite Ace Combat game?

Air Combat
4%
Ace Combat 2
4%
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
29%
Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies
21%
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
8%
Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
8%
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
17%
Ace Combat Assault Horizon
4%
Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception
No votes
Ace Combat Joint Assault
4%

Total votes: 24

evil_ash_xero

Re: Ace Combat

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I would not mind another Ace Combat game. As long as it's up to par.
KAI

Post by KAI »

AC3's english patch is out!!!!!!!!!!!
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Is AC3 Strangereal?
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
ZacharyB

Post by ZacharyB »

Yes. It's the one that takes place the furthest into the future of Strangereal.
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/ace-combat-7 ... one-taiwan

Here's hoping it's coming to PC too.
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

Post by Furry Fox Jet Pilot »

While I'm eagerly awaiting Ace Combat 7, I am still sad that they left Infinity's campaign on a massive cliffhanger. It'll remain the biggest mystery in the entire series, and the dark and creepy plot was actually better than I thought it would be. I hope they return to it someday, I hate seeing so many things left unanswered
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

Ji-L87

Post by Ji-L87 »

HYPE /o/

Good to see it will arrive for PC as well, as we deserve a better AC game than AH at least.

Still not sure which version I will go for, possibly still PS4. I don't have the system yet, but I have been thinking of picking it up for some other games. If it remained exclusive, that would seal the deal but in these win 10 store days, a PC release isn't automatically a buy from me either.

Not to mention I don't run win 10 on my main system. When/If I build a new system later this year (waiting for Ryzen) I don't have much choice in regards to windows 10 anyhow.
If it shows up on Steam/GOG I will probably buy it hands down tho'.

As for the game itself, please be good. :mrgreen:
CHECKPOINT!
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I hope this one turns out well. I haven't really played one, since 6.

I'm sorta missing their bizarre melodrama.
Ji-L87

Post by Ji-L87 »

Had to dig a bit to find this thread again.

While news on the AC7 development remains scarce, the kickstarter for Project Wingman might be of interest to anyone looking for an alternative scratch for that itch.
There is a free alpha demo out so grab that regardless. It is surprisingly nice and quite promising.

Everything feels very Ace Combat-esque, even the controls if you're using a gamepad. I'm not sure how well it plays on other peoples computers but I get a buttery locked 60 with a stock clocked Ryzen 7 and GTX 1070 on high/ultra settings.
CHECKPOINT!
Jonny2x4

Post by Jonny2x4 »

How's the Ace Combat on the Nintendo 3DS? I'm asking because an online acquaintance of mine worked on that game.
Ji-L87

Post by Ji-L87 »

Seeing as 7 is out now, might as well bring the thread back.
Have anybody else had the chance to pick the game up yet, and how do you feel about it?

I was planning on picking it up for PC but couldn't wait so I got it for PS4 instead and was pleasantly surprised by the strong performance if you're on a PS4 Pro system, running 60 fps or thereabouts for most of the game, with some noticeable dips only on some missions filled with other enemies. Seeing as how Ace Combat 6 and Infinity were both 30 fps titles, this is a welcome surprise.

It's actually bit hard to tell at first that they switched to Unreal Engine from whatever they were using before, as it is very similar to past games while perhaps not being a 1:1 match. With that said, it feels very much like home and the game controls great. And looks great, for that matter. The much touted clouds are a tad lowres on console (not sure how they are on PC) but in general the game is both colorful - a bit saturated even, but not offensively so- and decently detailed. There is some noticeable pop up on ground detail, buildings and so on but nothing outside expectations.

A bit sad to report that the story is a bit weak. It's fine but I felt more detached from it and it's characters than I wanted to, even Trigger, the mute pilot you're playing as. I liked the cutscenes themselves, at least on a audiovisual level - character models looks good and good use of color but they are very...lacking in action. More akin to the kind of narrated cutscenes from AC4 but with more talking heads. There are some absolutely beautiful shots from time to time though.

To finish up on a positive note before I fall asleep in my chair, the soundtrack is pretty fantastic. I was a bit worried since the trailer music left me wanting but the whole package is both varied and great. AC7 deserves your best speakers and headphones.

If I had to give the game some form of score I would probably place it alongside AC6. The PS2 trio is still the best in my mind but this is very enjoyable too.
CHECKPOINT!
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I played it, finished, and enjoyed it a good bit. Confusing story.
Was tough too.

I'd say it was better than 6, not as good as 5 as well.

Now, I have been trying to get into 4, since people speak so highly of it....but I can't. I play on "Novice/Easy/Standard" control settings, and it's really loose. 5 and on, it's really tight, like Star Fox.
With the more complex controls, does it feel like the others? I know I'm gonna get chastised for playing it on the dumbed down controls.

That voice actor who is narrating it is AWFUL. Like, he took too much valium before the recording session started.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I can't believe no one answered my question about 4. Come on...you guys should know this.