Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou Black Label [Arcade/X360]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
harduser

Re: Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou Black Label [Arcade/X360]

Post by harduser »

congragulas,erppo!by the way,this bug I also think It' s interesting!My friend had found some simalar ha larious bug in ketsui(maybe It's PGM&mc68000's problem),this bug should be described like that:If you press the start and a button at a same time when you missed over and after a coin had been inputed in the cabinet(or mame),if the continue appears at the upper left side and when the continue time ends as you shot down the 5boss,although you haven't 1cc the 1st loop,you can also got into omote 2nd loop,I think maybe this confused situation is mc68000/PGM's problem
trap15

Post by trap15 »

It's probably just an edge case they didn't think about, and since it's so hard to get they never noticed it, haha. Good bug.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

haha that bug never got that

GJ on the 2.1B Erppo!!! Do you keep going?? :D
I can't see replay :[] (no xbox)
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

PROMETHEUS wrote:GJ on the 2.1B Erppo!!! Do you keep going?? :D
Thanks, and yes. I've been a bit more busy lately but I keep playing at least one run a day.
W.Z

Post by W.Z »

Remarkable achievement

I want to you as the goal
上海 烈火 STG W.Z 怒首领蜂大往生
Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

Feedbacker - 727.837.360 - A-E - 2-3 - 2641 Hit
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/g22Eje5.jpg
Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

Feedbacker - 763.287.600 - A-E - 2-1 - 2890 Hit

700M on first loop, pretty happy with that. 1-5 and 2-1 bosses were such a failure though.
Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

Feedbacker - 862.195.430 - A-E - 2-3 - 2834 Hit
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

le milliard, le milliard!^^
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

been playing again for a bit over a month, just came really close to entering 2-5 with no miss no bomb -_- (missed on the last pattern of 2-4 boss)
only time I came this close in 117 tries^^ I think I keep going, my no miss no bomb success rate on first loop right now is ~33%
my goal is to survive a full rank 2-5, it's possible I would bomb one time before or something (rank drops much more if you die), max score I could get is like 3B but I should really not count on it (might explode number of tries, don't want that there is too much luck and punishment going on)

edit: feel like stopping now^^ 148 attempts, probability seems too low, still no more than 33% first loop success and tbh chance of doing 2-4 right is pretty random (turrets and some patterns of boss too random). Even in first loop stuff that kills me feels randomly a lot harder sometimes, it's kinda never impossible but sometimes almost. Full rank 2-5 is awesome, but getting there is hell when you are not allowed a mistake. Game is rly rly hard, which is good, it's also a bit random which is alright, but most importantly extremely punishing (+ rank drops too much after 1st miss), and yeah I think that's not good or even fair, and makes me want to stop playing. Peaceful death. :P
btw here is rep pack with 148 attempts, in case you want to have a look, almost always I leave after first miss you can judge of how far a replay goes by the file size http://www.mediafire.com/?phowlygwse34m
Follow me on Twitch??
Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

Feedbacker - 948.955.390 - A-E - 2-4 - 2880 Hit
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Almost at the 1B milestone. Keep going!
The Armchair General

Post by The Armchair General »

^^^

Great to see your improvement Feedbacker!

The Armchair General - 173.408.600 - B-E - 2-4 - 521 Hit

I guess I should start trying to seriously score and do some serious 2-3, 2-4, and 2-5 practice next. Though I'll have to stop playing my kusoge first :lol:
kidpanda

Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou Black Label [Arcade/X360]

Post by kidpanda »

Kidpanda - 114,771,830 - B-S - 2-3 - 1110 Hit
Spoiler
harduser

Post by harduser »

Congragulas,kidpanda!
I think the Hibachi of B-Shootia(BL) is easier than using the Exy,going through!you will soon find some easier&more stable ways to clear the 2nd loop
May I ask your goal is scoring or surive to all?
or status entering the 2nd loop
Maybe I can provide some useful advices
kidpanda

Post by kidpanda »

harduser wrote:Congragulas,kidpanda!
I think the Hibachi of B-Shootia(BL) is easier than using the Exy,going through!you will soon find some easier&more stable ways to clear the 2nd loop
Right now I'm just working on survival, This run was the first time I had ever been in 2nd loop. My 2nd loop was accessed by getting all bees in 3 stages. I hope to maybe get an all sometime in the next year! I've never watched any videos on the game and it was just me slowly learning the game over time. :wink:
harduser

Post by harduser »

kidpanda wrote:
harduser wrote:Congragulas,kidpanda!
Right now I'm just working on survival, This run was the first time I had ever been in 2nd loop. My 2nd loop was accessed by getting all bees in 3 stages. I hope to maybe get an all sometime in the next year! I've never watched any videos on the game and it was just me slowly learning the game over time. :wink:
Actually,there's some way to hit down the hibachi in 2lives

(1life for entering the "washing machine"and dead with 1hyper+62%hyper gauge and 25%hyper gauge for death,1life for(1hyper+6bombs+1hyper)hit down the hibachi),

so although entering the 2nd loop with no extra lives,if throw enough bomb in 2-1~2-3 and 2-5,you can also clear this game.

And,kidpanda,maybe you should realize that suicide in some area of BL is a good idea.

(because if no lives entering the 2-1,you can get an extra life when entered the 2-2,and use the bombs and suicide at the 2nd form of 2-2boss/or have 1 extra life entering the 2nd loop,and also suicide at the 2nd form of 2-2boss,if you entered a stage with no lives and maintain it until the end of the stage,you'll always get an extra life,so with 2lives entering the 2-5 is possible,but when you entered the 2-4 with no lives,after got the 1up,the extra live won't get because of not maintain the no lives status in 2-4,so if you want to get 2lives in 2-5 and no lives entered the 2nd loop,the best way is to enter 2-3 with 0lives and 6bombs)

Accessed by getting all bees in 3 stages is enough,don't worry about it.

The hardest area in 2-1~2-3 is the midboss area,maybe you should awared about the hyper gauge and using the bullet-clear(when using the hyper,you can get a bullet clear for fulfilling the gauge)to down the diffculty

The 2-4 rail gun has a very easy way to passed:using hyper at 4th rail gun,if you analized the stages,you'll find using hyper at there can get most damage of the rail gun

When entered the 2-5,especially at the second half area,don't save the hyper,there can use 2hyper to maintaining the success rate of nmnb.

If you have count your time for BL,you'll find if you can get your first all for devoting about 50-100hrs,going through!
harduser

Post by harduser »

(This score has been deleted)
Maybe post it to another area such as first 1cc will be better!
Last edited by harduser on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

Hey Harduser, congrats for clearing the V.Hard mode! Is this where your username comes from?
I won't add this score to the board as it is for default setting runs only, but I can do it with your 1.06b B-S clear in Normal. Please post the full score so I can update your ranking. Recordings are not mandatory to submit scores in this thread by the way. Also good job for getting 1b with B-S, that's really impressive as Shotia makes chaining way harder than Exy.
harduser

Post by harduser »

Feedbacker wrote:Hey Harduser, congrats for clearing the V.Hard mode! Is this where your username comes from?
I won't add this score to the board as it is for default setting runs only, but I can do it with your 1.06b B-S clear in Normal. Please post the full score so I can update your ranking. Recordings are not mandatory to submit scores in this thread by the way. Also good job for getting 1b with B-S, that's really impressive as Shotia makes chaining way harder than Exy.
That's a shame,I will delete it,but there's a mistake,I finished the 1.06b is using A-S,It's easier than B-S I thought,well,If I have spare time I will finished the A-S's score again,thank you feedbacker!

I had forgotten the full score,but the 1st loop in that run is nmnb but just 400M,and 2-5 without full-chaining,but this is not too hard to getting another 1b,I can soon finished a similar score yet :D .

My name is from hard-user.htm(like an error htm such as 404 error) :D
harduser

Post by harduser »

I had executed another run which got a 1.06bil!

harduser - 1,066,231,700 - A-S - all - 2389 Hit

input file(Groovymame 0.171)https://mega.nz/#!QN1TwQBa!8IIZkl8IWfuU ... X53GB9xs0c
Screen recordinghttps://mega.nz/#!gdMxXIoB!c4NlYBcEFQ0f ... XyjoCOXzFk
Another proof:https://mega.nz/#!0BdCjZoD!XUY1vGsUSML9 ... w5RxX-R-j8

The reason why I use the screen recording is:In this run,I had 4 miraculous dodging in 2-5 bee comb area
In fact this run isn‘t a perfect run:

On 1st loop:

1-1&1-2:lost 20mil
1-3:lost 70mil,because of have some mistakes on midboss
1-4:lost 100mil
1-5:lost 100mil,seemed suiside on 1-4 didn't make sense

On 2nd loop:
2-4:serious mistake,I lost 40mil for chaining score and 50mil for ship counting after shooting down the hibachi
2-5:also serious mistake,lost at least 200mil aftering the GP meter going down when shooting down the midboss 3

If I have all maximum score maybe this route can acheive 2bil,for 700mil maximum score and 200mil for counting and 1.5bil for chaining
If I practice even harder,full chained every stage 1st loop and 2nd loop,the extreme score maybe acheive 3bil,although this year I spent less time on it,but I will continue to score this ship(I think chaining on 1-3/2-3 and 1-4/2-3 seemed easier than A-EX)
Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

Congrats harduser!
CRI

Post by CRI »

CRI - 686,114,960 - A-E - 2-3 - 2887 Hit

run started really bad and i even had to suicide on the stage 4 boss to get a hyper.
got to stage 5 with +100m less then in a good run. but the stage went really well except for the broken chain before the last bee.
i entered the Loop with no remaining lifes and got to the 2-1 boss with no bombs and no hyper. still worked out well. :)
after that i got my first 2-2 full chain in a run ever. nice!
funny how i wanted to restart at stage 2 and then i ended up with a new score.

i can upload the run if anybody wanna see it.
CRI

Post by CRI »

decided to upload the run anyway just to Show my new route for the beginning of the bee hive and the 2-2 chain.
starting the bee hive with c-shot on the right side makes the chain link much easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJUNf3rvCRg
CRI

Post by CRI »

Code: Select all

12. CRI                     726,066,300    A-E    2-5    2272 Hit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhtauL0MNHw

the early chain break at 1-5 was heartbreaking and 2-2 was just lol.
but +1000hits at 2-4 and first time getting to 2-5 in a real run is nice.
harduser

Post by harduser »

Congratulations,CRI!
The 2-5's route in your 700m's run looks definitely stable,I think if it's finished you can also get 1bil even without full-chaining the 1-5
the 1-2's tanks--which have escaped from screen,if use shot to shoot them down,the hyper gauge will be easier to fulfill(for shot increases 2times hyper gauge than the laser does),so it will be easier to get 5Hypers in the 2nd part of 1-2--it will easily increase about 30M
CRI

Post by CRI »

thanks for the tip harduser. but i'm not sure what tanks you mean that left the Screen in 1-2. (do you mean the part at 3:30 in the video)
i tried Shooting (with shot) more enemys in the first half of 1-2 but it did not Change the hyper gauge much for the end of the stage.
but if i delay getting the bee at 4:09 until i get my 4th hyper it is posible to chain the end part with 5 hyper.
it is a Little bit risky and this way i end the stage with 130m instead of 120m.

but anyway. Congratulations on your +1b 2-ALL.
thats really awesome. :)
hope i can also do that one day.
CRI

Post by CRI »

Code: Select all

11. CRI                     760,983,890    A-E    2-4    2672 Hit
Spoiler
it's not much but at least finally one place up on the table.
game over at the diagonal rails.
this time no replay. i wait for 800m with my next replay upload.
harduser

Post by harduser »

Yes it's 3:30's part,and the bee should to delay to get,the route can actually get 140Mil
1.0bil's run is a worse run,I think A-S can actually get a 2.0bil's run :D