Supergun issue

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Neon

Supergun issue

Post by Neon »

I thought click_stick made a thread about this, but I searched and couldn't find any posts by him in this section.

Anyways, at long last I have PCB's on the way...first there's a minor issue with the SG I bought I'd like fixed. I'll just paste what click said:

Note: The supergun has one minor issue with the power supply / internal power cable. Sometimes the power is cut off after powering up [casuing the PCB to reset, usually] if the supergun has been jolted around, but this can easily be solved by simply opening the lid and closing it again. [It doesn't happen unless you move the supergun around a lot, and it can probably very easily be permanently solved if you are the technical type and know what cables do what. I, however, am not technical and just let it be.]
The only other complaint I have about it is that the buttons aren't labeled...anyone else have one made by Matt (the former mod)?

Like I said, minor issues.
PC Engine Fan X!

I've got a Supergun made by Matt...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Yes, I've got a Supergun made by Matt (of the old Shmups.com forums) and it has 15-DB output for RGB + S-Video & RCA Composite Video outputs. It is powered by PC power supply which is cool and even has a built-in cooling fan to cool down the inside electronics when on a lengthy arcade PCB gaming session. My Supergun even has both L & R audio outputs (but is mono only since arcade PCBs output in mono only on the Jamma pinout harness). The Supergun's power switch lights up when turned on...cool visual option.

This particular Supergun that Matt built for me is encased in an all-metal custom case (and isn't the "computer disk case" version Supergun that Matt uses for his personal Jamma PCB collection).

I bought a custom-made Supergun from Matt when he was still living in Canada (this was back in mid summer of 2002) and he charged me only $250.00 USD for the complete Supergun setup + Japanese 21-pin RGB cable (for when I would eventually get an XRGB-2 upscan convertor to use it with). Matt used to say that by picking up a Amiga analog RGB 1080 monitor would be cheaper and better method of playing Jamma arcade PCBs than with an XRGB-2 setup. (If you want to spend some serious $$$ in acquiring an XRGB-2 setup, then no one's stopping you from going that route.) ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~