GD: Here is the Section Z.

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Zach Keene

GD: Here is the Section Z.

Post by Zach Keene »

Well, for starters, anyone found more of the bonus icons? For example:

This one's a bit after the start of Section B. You actually need to bomb a few times from about where I'm standing, not where the head actually appears. It's worth 2000 points when destroyed.

As you can see, right after Section H begins. Shoot where you see the 5000 in this pic. It's actually a hand that pops out, but it only takes three shots to uncover and about one to destroy, so you'll likely kill it before you even see it.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

There's a heart right as Section L turns into Section M:

You'll notice the bomb explodes a bit over the ground, signifying that there's indeed something hidden. I didn't even notice it as I was playing, it was only later when I was watching the vid I had captured when I caught it. I tried getting it on a later run to see how many points it would give, but try as I might, I just couldn't get the heart to appear again. I continued over and over again (the checkpoint is right before this spot) but to no avail.

Unless credit-feeding deactivates these hidden bonuses, I have no idea what's going on there. Maybe the bonus appears only if you start from an earlier checkpoint or something. In any case, it's going to take two or three speed-ups to shoot that heart, there's not much time after bombing the spot before the heart scrolls off-screen.

I also made a short vid showing to get through the pinball section in case anybody's interested - there's nothing fancy about it, just get through as fast as you can.