BLUE
Composite SYNC

to my arcade monitor will it work?
These all come out of consoles right?
If not what more is needed?
What problems can I expect?
Pingu

Post by Pingu »

That should basicaly be it but some monitors doesn't like composite video as sync and you'll have to use something along the lines of a LM1881 to get a proper sync signal. Isn't too hard to solder something up.
elvis

Post by elvis »

http://www.mameworld.net/pc2jamma/

If your console isn't listed, use the Saturn2JAMMA guide with any console that can use RGB/SCART cables. You'll find these cables on ebay for $5-$10.

My Kortek monitor is cool in that it has switches on the chassis that allows selection between positive and negative sync, as well as composite sync or composite video input. So hacking an RGB/SCART cable to my monitor was literally plug and play (oh, I had to add some 220uF caps to the RGB lines to pull the brightness up, but that wasn't rocket science).
SAM

Post by SAM »

elvis wrote:So hacking an RGB/SCART cable to my monitor was literally plug and play (oh, I had to add some 220uF caps to the RGB lines to pull the brightness up, but that wasn't rocket science).
My configuation is simliar, I hacked a SCART extendtion cable and have to female SCART plug permenantly connected to the monitor.

All console RGB cables just plug to the female plug. :D

You would need the LM1881N IC for PS and PS2 to seperate the sync singal form the composit line. I got some left over, I can sell you some if you need.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
D

Post by D »

As this pinout shows, the Saturn A/V outputs damn near every signal you'll ever need to use. Composite sync (Eliminating the need for an LM1881 Sync Seperator) as well as every form of video known to man, at least as far as we're concerned.