iconoclast - 60,009,520 - ALL - Maria - Maria1/Kei1/Kei3
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/BtJqetp.jpg
iconoclast

Re: Caladrius & Caladrius Blaze

Post by iconoclast »

Caladrius Blaze, Original Mode
iconoclast - 63,064,260 - ALL - Maria - Maria1/Kei1/Kei3
Pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ct2JfeeWIAAAY4b.jpg

I might be able to get 64m with a perfect run, but I don't think I'll try to improve this. Could anyone tell me what the highest scores are on the PS3 version? They should have just combined the PS4 & PS3 leaderboards.

Caladrius 1.00
iconoclast - 62,573,010 - ALL - Maria - Maria1/Kei1/Kei3

Went back to clear version 1.00 on the 360. Almost no missed it, but I got point blanked by one of the blue bits early on in stage 6. It's interesting how the top 4 scorers use Sophia. I don't see why she would be better, but I'll try her out in Blaze. Too bad I can't see which weapons they used.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

iconoclast wrote:Could anyone tell me what the highest scores are on the PS3 version? They should have just combined the PS4 & PS3 leaderboards.

It's interesting how the top 4 scorers use Sophia. I don't see why she would be better, but I'll try her out in Blaze. Too bad I can't see which weapons they used.
Well, they could have, but be aware since no one knew at the time there was going to be a PS4 release of Blaze, since both versions have stackable trophy lists and separate leaderboards, but the content is the same regardless. Either way, you didn't specify either certain modes/difficulties or all? But since I've plenty of time, I'll show the top scores from all modes/difficulties over PM. (Its too much to list at the moment.)
---
And for why Sophia is better is cause her Elemental Gauge (and possibly shots) last longer, though her shots aren't probably as powerful as a tradeoff.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Thanks a lot! homuhomu_ha must be related to the Homura group that released a superplay DVD, so it's no surprise to see him on top of everything.

Yeah, I figured out why Sophia is best after playing Blaze some more. I noticed that Maria's elemental shots drained faster in version 1.00 than they do in 1.10 and Blaze, so Sophia's extra ammo should be very helpful. She doesn't have as much of an advantage in the other versions.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Caladrius Blaze, Arcade Mode
iconoclast - 93,170,690 - ALL - Sophia - Maria1/Kei1/Kei3
Pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CukvSdQUkAAxcHF.jpg

Dropped 50k and had a slightly lower multiplier than I would have liked in stage 6, but I'm satisfied with this. Stage 6 is a lot scarier when you have to worry about not letting your score rate decay (while picking up all of the 1up pieces).

Caladrius Blaze, Original Mode
iconoclast - 65,336,880 - ALL - Sophia - Maria1/Kei1/Kei3
Pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CubP_hnXYAA4OwL.jpg
TheChickenInvader

Post by TheChickenInvader »

Howdy everyone! I acknowledge it's been years since this thread has seen the light of day, but regardless, I've a few cents to share in. I just found out about Caladrius Blaze a week or so back, and since the reception was great (not to mention the game looks amazing), I decided to order a Japan import of the PS3 version since I don't own a PS4 and never really use Steam for some reason. I got the game off of Amazon (goodbye $54) and will probably get it in around a week. I'm super excited for this one, but I also have a few questions.

For starters, how is the character balance in Blaze? I take balance pretty seriously, and would like it if most characters were on a similar level.

Secondly, will the fact that it's a Japanese import make anything important hard to understand for me? I know those games commonly have plenty of English, but I want to make sure I don't miss anything crucial.

Finally, is there any tips that someone can give a newcomer that would be useful to know? I'm fully prepared to play the hell out of the game, so it'd be nice to have some starting advice. I've already read ACSeraph's fantastic strategy guide, but it never hurts to ask.

I'm well aware that I'm far too late on the Caladrius train, but if anybody is still around, I'd love to chat about the game! Sorry if this is somewhat off-topic since this is the board for high scores, but it's the biggest thread on the game that I could find. Plus, if all goes well, maybe I can start getting some mean scores of my own.

In essence, I'm stoked to play the game! This probably won't totally revive the thread, but hey, a man can try.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy everything.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Sorry to keep you waiting, I totally missed your post.

I wouldn't say that the characters are particularly well balanced by default, but you can mix and match the character's E-shots after a while to make each character viable, on defaults though it's a different story. The menu's are in English but yeah you won't be able to understand the story text or voice acting.

As for advice I don't know if I can add anything beyond what's in the strategy thread, I'm definitely not a master at the game, I will say though that Blaze is thankfully a bit more forgiving than the original 360 version.

For future reference, here's the original Caladrius thread, If you can be bothered to wade through it there's some PS3 Blaze talk towards the end.

Here's a more Blaze specific thread leading up to the English Asia release of the PS4 version.
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

TheChickenInvader wrote: In essence, I'm stoked to play the game! This probably won't totally revive the thread, but hey, a man can try.
Hey there TheChickenInvader. I've been pretty knee deep into this game the past 4 months or so, mostly playing Evolution Mode (which I think is the most fun). It's outstanding IMO and I think you'll have a good time.

The character balance could probably be separated into tiers because there are weaker characters and stronger ones, this is considering you use their default Element configurations. A lot of the balance comes down to what type of Shield element you use. And I recommend at least trying the default configurations and playing that way because I think a lot of the game design put these default configs into mind. The default configurations force you to play differently with every character due to every character having 3 unique attacks and sometimes with different properties. For example, Sophia's Ele-3 nullifies more types of attacks than any other character (it makes her S-Tier for survival.) I guess because she's Paracelsus' apprentice so she gets some special treatment :).

That being said, starting out I'd say just dig in and do what's fun. Once you want to get more serious, try to learn all the locations of the recharge crystals, and furthermore when Evolution is a good idea (get that instant recharge off of a freshly revealed crystal!)

I've been only playing Very Hard now. Making the bullets a decent bit faster it almost feels more Raiden-like in comparison to normal's speed. I find it made the game feel a lot more focused. Try that out once you're ready too. BTW if you talk in the other threads I'll probably chime in there as well. Love the game 100%.

Oh yeah try to pick up the Steam version when it's on Sale (it often is) for a few dollars. You can get all of the story and lore there and I find it interesting.
Essentially Paracelcus' was a genius alchemist who researched "The Forbidden Spell" which was unlocked by Elenor, the Stage 2 boss. Graham wants this power and employs various servants to pilot giant mechs that seem to be infused with this forbidden power.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
TheChickenInvader

Howdy Aquas, condolences for the reply back! Same above to you Mero. The game just came in for me today at the time of typing this, and I've simply beaten Evolution mode with all but Kei and Maria at this point. Absolutely loving it as I knew I would, and I'd like to thank this thread (along with ACSeraph's ST thread) for getting me into the game!

Paging Aquas here, but if you had to make a tier list for the default character movesets, what would the order be? A note that I only like looking into tiers for fun, and I should also note that I plan on playing with default sets much more frequently than with custom sets. Like you said, it's the way the game is designed, and it makes the characters feel more special to me.

I've been kind of sucking today as expected, but the game is so much fun that I hardly care. After I get done with a lot of practice I should be able to post some decent score attempts. And hanks for the advice!

Lastly, since I have the Japanese version on PS3 (which is why it took so long to be delivered lmao), some of the text I obviously cannot read. Specifically, you know the screen in the game inside the tutorial section that gives you a brief overview of each character's ship and general stats? I couldn't figure out what the Green and Orange colored ship stats were, though I'm almost certain Red is for attack and Blue is for speed below attack. If you know where I can find those pages translated, I'd love to know that.

Thanks a ton for the reply Aquas! It's good to see a fan still around here. Guess it's better late than never after all. :)
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

Default configs considered, also their general versatility, scoring and survival considered.

A - Kei, Sophia, Layis, Noah
-All are just a step above the rest in most facets. Layis extreme damage. Sophia OP shield. Kei all rounder.
-Layis damage is INSANE but her Elements are just not for scoring at all. This makes her float into B a bit.
B - Lilith, Caladrius
-Lilith is slow as hell but has some decent elements. Might be C tier.
-Caladrius sucks for scoring due to its rapid shot killing everything also its shields are a little hard to use. Might be C tier.
C - Maria, Alex
-Maria's Ele-1 is great but her Ele-3 shield kinda stinks.
-Alex's shield is pretty unorthodox and ineffective, but she could probably be B tier otherwise.

So the character balance is pretty good I say with some specific aspects shining over others. A lot of it really comes down to the shield Ele-3 which dictates how well you need to know how to fight bosses and get through certain sections safely. Also their Ele-1's which tend to be the damage dealer. Layis has to get close to stab stuff with her Ele-1 but the damage is insane. Also I'm speaking from a Very Hard perspective but should mostly still apply.
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
TheChickenInvader

Paging Aquas again, thanks for the advice! I've been playing this game like mad lately, and got my first deathless run on Easy mode with Caladrius using Kei3, Noah2, and Sophia3. I also just found out you had a Twitch, and I was wondering what time you usually start streaming? Because I think it'd be a ton of fun talking about the game, not to mention all the questions I'd have to ask about it. I'll hopefully see ya around!
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

TheChickenInvader, lately I've been doing Caladrius Blaze runs around 5pm CST. But my streaming schedule isn't set. I'm gonna do a run tonight maybe in an hour from this post if you catch this in time. Grats on the Ease Clear. And yeah. Using multiple shield buttons in customize, pretty good :D
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

I met my goal score of 133 Mil in Very Hard Evolution with Kei Default. Deathless run since that is pretty much required for an optimized score. If I played very well I could probably get 136Mil but I'm content. Probably going to try another default config char for Very Hard... thinking Alex but we'll see.

Here's the video if anyone's interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaaLK0WpanA
TheChickenInvader

Way to go, Aquas! It was a very fun stream indeed. I'd totally be down for an Alex run, though I'd also like to see you try Lilith or even Layis, perhaps. Regardless who you choose, hopefully I can catch the next stream!
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Kinda don't want to bump the thread but at the same time I'm super proud of my score.

JohnnyC - 39,275,110 - ALL - Sophia - Default
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUeY5g6XgAA ... name=large

Video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/580217438
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

Great! JohnnyC, it's such a wonderful game to play, for survival or for score, and in general. Try Kei! ^_^
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

I just saw your post about your 133mil in Very Hard with Kei. That's totally badass aquas, I'm glad you are keeping the torch lit for this awesome game.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Been getting back into this recently. Wondering a few things about current top scores. I'd be really happy if someone could maybe post a screenshot of the overall leaderboard top ten and the Lilith leaderboard top ten for the Steam Version and the Switch version, or maybe just tell me what the top scores are for Lilith default and Lilith custom. I'd be interested to hear the scores for all of the modes.

Also is there any information on what the world records for individual characters, both custom and default, are in the the arcade version? The Hall of records only has the overall top scores.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Arcadia used to track character and default/non default for the AC version, you can view the last ones here, these scores are 5 years old though.

There may be more recent scores on the JHA site, there's a link in the the Hall of Records.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Thanks for posting that Mero. I just learned a vague scoring route for Caladrius yesterday and took the #1 default score for him on PS4 (which still left him at a depressing 45 overall :lol: ).

Looking at that list of AC records, I'm finding it extremely hard to believe that all of the default characters can score over 90 million and there seems to be very little difference in the score cap between characters. Especially with Caladrius I can't imagine it because his only scoring weapon is his point blank S3. So what am I missing here? Clearly Scoreplay works very differently in AC for that to be possible.
Mero

Post by Mero »

I dunno, but I'm sure it used to the same one or two players (operating out of the same game centre I think) that used to have new scores published in Arcadia every month, maybe they hammered the game to the point that they came up with some really optimised strats?

I thought the port of AC on Caladrius Blaze is a straight port of the arcade version (I know the arcade version of AC has an exlusive mode)? How do the top scores on that look compared to the arcade version?
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Well, generally speaking the scores are lower than those arcade scores, but there is a 90mil+ run by a default Alex player on PS3 that I would kill to watch a replay of.

It's really the Caladrius score I'm most curious about, because both his S1 and S2 are completely unviable for scoring and his S3 isn't very good for it either and will obviously run out of energy rather quickly. How could they possibly be optimizing to the level of other characters under those circumstances?

I have this hypothesis that high level scoring in AC might actually revolve around the Burst mechanic, which I don't think has seen much experimentation on our boards. I also suspect not leveling up and hoarding either chips might actually make a big difference to your score in the long run.

I'm rather addicted to Boss Rush atm but I will be putting some more research into AC before long I think. Also I've been working to take PS4 leaderboard default records with a variety of characters which has led to some pretty good runs. If you want to add records for individual characters I'd be happy to post them. I also took the #1 spot for Blaze Boss Rush which we don't have a board for yet, and I think it very well may be the world record for that mode. Really wish I could check out those steam leaderboards...
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

You know ACSeraph, if I have the time, I can post up the scores of what you need exactly via PM. However, IIRC, the PS4 and PC versions have seperate online leaderboards depending on platform/region, and it goes something like this...

Caladrius/X360: All regions use the same leaderboard, online leaderboard scores seperated by 1.00 and 1.10.
Blaze/PS3
Blaze/PS4: The JP and overseas (H2 published) versions have seperate online leaderboards (and stackable trophy lists).
Blaze/PC: Steam and GOG versions have seperate online leaderboards. (And same achievement list, obvs.)
Blaze/Switch: Haven't checked if its the same as the PS4 version, leaderboard region wise. Unless someone does have the JP version to compare.

But yeah, I do own all of the ports of Caladrius so far (US X360/PS4/PC/Switch versions), except the JP PS3/PS4 versions which require's me renewing a JP PS+ sub (since they were free via PS+ back then) to check back into those leaderboards.
Mero

Post by Mero »

ACSeraph wrote:Well

I'm rather addicted to Boss Rush atm but I will be putting some more research into AC before long I think. Also I've been working to take PS4 leaderboard default records with a variety of characters which has led to some pretty good runs. If you want to add records for individual characters I'd be happy to post them. I also took the #1 spot for Blaze Boss Rush which we don't have a board for yet, and I think it very well may be the world record for that mode. Really wish I could check out those steam leaderboards...
Certainly I could add them to the OP, also I'll add a table for Blaze boss rush, not sure how I missed that.

I'm only really able to update once a week at the moment, I'll be able to do that tomorrow.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

NeoStrayCat wrote:You know ACSeraph, if I have the time, I can post up the scores of what you need exactly via PM..
It's such a pain how they handled leaderboards in Caladrius. Even when 1.0 was the only version they failed to denote default scores.

You know, I actually have the JP PS4 and JP PS3 versions. Between the two of us we would actually be able to work out all the top scores and make a sort of Caladrius Hall of records. Would you be interested? What I would want to know is the top overall custom score for each mode (character doesn't matter), and then the top scores in each mode for each default character. We could then compare the scores and come up with a definitive list. Actually it might even be good to get the scores for very hard mode, as I know at least Aquas and myself play it.

Only thing is it's a lot of info and it's probably a pain in the ass for you. If you are interested you can send me a dirty list or a buncha screen caps and I'll do the comparisons and type up something easy to reference. After that we can either post it in the OP here or in the ST.

---

Also Mero thanks for keeping this board updated for 7 years straight, you are awesome man. Don't worry about updates being slow. I'll post some of what I've been working on later when I have time.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Well, I'll see what I can do, I see that you're also on discord, and that it could make things a little more easier on that front.
Buffi

Post by Buffi »

Caladrius Blaze Original

BUF - 34,947,450 - ALL - Caladrius - Noah2/Kei3/Sophia3
https://i.imgur.com/GJLnrwH.jpg
SPM

Post by SPM »

I finally got this game and I'm having a blast. The scoring system is really interesting, especially with defaults. Lots of differences between characters!

So far my main has been Kei, in case you couldn't tell XD. I may push Evo a bit further with him but I'm also experimenting with the other chars (some of them quite tricky for scoring, but there has to be a way for each of them seeing those WRs. Intriguing!).

I haven't explored Original and AC yet, just a quick 1CC after I got it on Evo. But anyway, here's my score on every mode:

Caladrius Blaze (Switch) - Evolution
SPM - 119,056,820 - ALL - Kei - Default

Caladrius Blaze (Switch) - Original
SPM - 44,489,670 - ALL - Kei - Default

Caladrius Blaze (Switch) - Arcade
SPM - 69,585,900 - ALL - Kei - Default
Spoiler
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah