DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
tomwhite2004

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

Post by tomwhite2004 »

It should be enough, the 750ti takes around 60w and if im not mistaken most of the variants run on the motherboard alone with no other power cables needed.
boagman

Post by boagman »

1.06 is now available for download for the Vita physical copy. A couple of new features added, but since I don't read or understand Japanese, you'll have to figure out what they are. Still no language selection, just in case you were wondering.
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

Vote for the next DLCs here.
I don't care what wins (though I'd gladly play as an R-9A Arrowhead), I just want them not to be merely ship and music packs.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Arrow Head would probably the most interesting, since it has the most distinct play mechanics between the force pod and the wave cannon. I could see those being put to use real well in DB, with enemies coming from both sides and whatnot.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

lol, the amount of DLC this game receives is getting a little ridonkulous.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Why are you voting R-Type?!
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

AxelMill wrote:Vote for the next DLCs here.
I don't care what wins (though I'd gladly play as an R-9A Arrowhead), I just want them not to be merely ship and music packs.
I wonder if all the money this game has gotten can actually fund a programmer or two + a modeller on actually making some bosses, or some different stage backgrounds/layouts.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

I'd buy whatever the next DLC is if it has new stages & bosses instead of just player ships. Something like Gigantic Bite Variant or a difficult version of Nightmare wouldn't require as much work as totally new bosses.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

I don't even want new content. Just let us use those DLC ships on the AC courses - ship differences are a big deal in DBAC and being able to use the new ships on courses I care about scoring on would be fantastic.

Alternately, where's the PC modding community when you need them?
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Squire Grooktook

EmperorIng wrote:
AxelMill wrote:Vote for the next DLCs here.
I wonder if all the money this game has gotten can actually fund a programmer or two + a modeller on actually making some bosses, or some different stage backgrounds/layouts.
We can dream.
xxx1993 wrote:Why are you voting R-Type?!
Squire Grooktook wrote:Arrow Head would probably the most interesting, since it has the most distinct play mechanics between the force pod and the wave cannon. I could see those being put to use real well in DB, with enemies coming from both sides and whatnot.
Also most of us really like R-Type.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

I would take any of those options. I'd really like to see some full-screen co-op modes for people without dual monitors though.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

xxx1993 wrote:Why are you voting R-Type?!
I know, so boring. Gimme one of the espers from the Galuda series or the girls from Muchi Muchi Pork lol.
Last edited by Oniros on Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
Squire Grooktook

Problem with Cave is that with the exception of the espers and the dudes from Guwange, they tend to concentrate all their ideas into the scoring system, and leave little of interest for the weapon systems.

I also don't see espers or the guwange dudes showing up. It'd probably the fucking dodonpachi ship with a fucking boring shot/focus system.

Only thing I could see a Cave crossover doing of interest would be a uniquely small hitbox type with more agressive shooting enemies. But that's also kind of remote since it'd require vast reworking of the games bosses. Not even sure if want since that'd probably end up being pretty run of the mill danmaku anyway. DB's soul comes from "enemy hell" and multidirectional bullet shielding.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

What if it was a Dangun Feveron ship, tho... I mean, that game had a few unique weapons, + imagine playing DBCS with disco music!
But yeah it'd probably be 'Pachi ship.
Though, a ship with an AK Shin system would be for me. Because obviously the only thing better than shooting giant swords at ninja ghosts and tanks and shit would be shooting swords at giant robot space fish.
But I don't have a Twitter so it's not like I'm voting anyways.
Squire Grooktook

Dangun might be okay. The roll shot is a fun and well designed weapon. Akai Katana might work well too. Stylistically and gameplay-wise.

But yeah, sadly I doubt we'd see anything like that. I suppose if the DDP crew brought hyper system to the table it could be okay, but eh. I think R-Type is the best choice. Force Pod mechanic is legendary and already feels like a natural fit to DB's fighting style.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Thunder Force is in last place :(
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

R-Type's the best choice IMO, I think the force pod has some great potential. Gradius sounds cool at first but I doubt the Vic Viper would be very interesting to play in Dariusburst's stages. "Cave crossover" leaves a lot of options, most of which are pretty boring and the rest of which are relatively lesser-known games (CAVE didn't become popular for unique ship mechanics), but I admit I kind of want to see a Deathsmiles crossover, not just because lolis in space but also because it makes sense mechanically too. Deathsmiles is already a horizontally scrolling game whose characters can freely turn and shoot left and right, the familiars and how they block suicide bullets could be repurposed in DBCS as something similar to Genesis and Murakumo's options, and if they were to implement Deathsmiles-style hypers and item showers it would pair nicely with the huge waves of enemies in DBCS. I'm admittedly not familiar with Thunder Force at all.

All that said, would Taito/Pyramid/Degica even be able to get the rights to use the R-Type name in DBCS?
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

No, ANYTHING but R-Type, because R-Type is a piece of shit.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Shepardus has a good point with Deathsmiles - imagine blasting through those huge schools of robot fish and getting a galaxy's worth of star-shaped revenge bullets thrown at you - and absorbed by your familiar.

Similarly Dangun could be interesting with dancing men falling from both sides. Or would they fall up? In space?!

The more I think about them a lot of Cave mechanics could work - shikigamis? Sure. Futati's chaining gague? Yeah. Hadou gun? Why not.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
trap15

Post by trap15 »

xxx1993 wrote:No, ANYTHING but R-Type, because R-Type is a piece of shit.
You're a piece of shit.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
NickPalmerDegica

Post by NickPalmerDegica »

I can't say I wouldn't be amused by Deathsmiles characters IIIIIIN SPAAAAAAAACE.
Squire Grooktook

It's one of the best stg franchise's of all time. Improve your shit taste pls.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

What's wrong with it?
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Squire Grooktook

I think he said a while back that the story was too dark.

Even though every game in the series has a happy ending.

I dunno if he played it again recently, maybe he went full scrub and blamed the game for failure.

This guys tastes are obscure enough that he has no right to call a time honored franchise a piece of shit.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

I think Gradius is the most formulaic and one of the most overrated shmup series of all time (still kinda fun from time to time), but I'd never say it in a shmup forum.

Shit.

Uhh... NOT! Haha, fooled you!
...I'll see myself out.
Shepardus wrote:All that said, would Taito/Pyramid/Degica even be able to get the rights to use the R-Type name in DBCS?
I think they can, otherwise they'd have no reason to include it in the poll. How, I do not know - Granzella doesn't have the rights yet, IIRC, unlike Disaster Report. They asked Sega, they'll ask Irem, which recently got R-Type on Turbografx on WiiU. They still know it exists, looks like.
The question is - Thunder Force?!
ZaKa-tokyobassist

Post by ZaKa-tokyobassist »

I'm voting Gradius, R Type and Ketsui as a fan and to level the playing field.

The hate towards the classics is real. Fuck y'all haters lol.
PSN: tokyobassist
Fighting/SHMUPS/Run N' Gun/Action/Horror/Stealth Games/Arcade Racers/Rail Shooters/Gaming Lore
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Need to get back to this, still haven't tried the new DLC's.
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
boagman

Post by boagman »

I didn't vote for R-Type, and I *LOVE* R-type. I just think that the mechanic and, especially, the music, wouldn't fit the DBCS game is all.
Squire Grooktook

boagman wrote:I didn't vote for R-Type, and I *LOVE* R-type. I just think that the mechanic and, especially, the music, wouldn't fit the DBCS game is all.
Both games are about blocking bullets from enemies approaching from the left and right.

DB already has tons of setpieces where careful beam positioning is the key to survival, in a way that almost recalls R-Type's tactical pod placements. It wouldn't take a genius level designer to easily put the Arrowheads signature abilities to use within DB's framework. Just make good use of the zakos and walls in some stages and bang.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.