Late realizations

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Aleksei

Late realizations

Post by Aleksei »

I just realized that Armed police batrider is actually short for Armed police Battle Rider, jeez, only took 5 years.
Image Image
[Cabinet 007]
trap15

Re: Late realizations

Post by trap15 »

I'm pretty sure it's just bat as in the animal. Did this really need a thread?
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Aleksei

Post by Aleksei »

There wasn't a late realizations thread so this could be it, others can share theirs now.
Image Image
[Cabinet 007]
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

I didn't realize until now that there was no late realizations thread.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Realized my man-period is late, am I pregnant?
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

Realized I shouldn't post when tired.
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Took me a long time to realize that you don't win anything on the Internet for posting.

Earlier I got myself confused reading a single word from an upside-down Shopper on somebody's lawn: I read it as "Really!" upside down, but with one l and in the wrong place...I reversed it in my head without realizing it was "Relay!" until I walked by again.

SuperFly78: It just hit me.
Wouldn't that be "down to par" continuing the golf analogy?

Actually that whole thread is good of some "late realizations." The telephone call to China one is fun...
Last edited by Ed Oscuro on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

All my realizations are bad. So, I'll keep them to myself, so I don't sound too bleak.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Big Smoke ordered such a large-ass order at the drive-by mission so he could buy time for the Ballas to show up.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Ed Oscuro wrote:SuperFly78: It just hit me.
Wouldn't that be "down to par" continuing the golf analogy?
I think the US version of The Office made this joke, actually.

"Up to par" isn't a golf analogy, though.

Today I was reminded that if a waitress tries to warn you that what you're ordering isn't what she thinks you expect it to be, it's because she knows goddamn well that you're a foreigner and won't like it. Lesson learned: mole is unpleasant.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Austin

Post by Austin »

This actually isn't a bad idea for a thread. One's discoveries (or realizations) might help others.

For instance, I never until today realized there was a port of Ninja Spirit to the Game Boy. Even more interesting is that it's actually good.
Leandro

Post by Leandro »

Having never played or cared about a Zelda game in my life until recently, I thought for the longest time the blonde kid in green clothes was named Zelda. Surprised to discover his name was Link
BIL

Post by BIL »

I HAD NO IDEA VASQUEZ AND JOHN CONNOR'S FOSTER MOM WERE THE SAME ACTRESS :O
Austin wrote:For instance, I never until today realized there was a port of Ninja Spirit to the Game Boy. Even more interesting is that it's actually good.
Japan-exclusive, too, despite being developed by a European team (BITS Studio). I don't find it very compelling, but I do like the slightly shifty walk animation. :mrgreen:
EXEXEX

Post by EXEXEX »

Realized that the first stage of Salamander is actually inside of the planet, not a life form guts.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Strangely enough, however, the North American release was titled "Life Force" and actually is set inside an alien life-form. They even modified some graphics to make them consistent with this theme and added story text to the attract mode to explain the new plot. To make things even more confusing, the game was later modified some more and re-released in Japan, also named Life Force.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Realized that maybe I shouldn't have spent so much time playing videogames. Not too happy with where I am in life right now and a big part of it is that I didn't care much about anything other than games.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

Don't forget that Konami's Famicom conversion of the game was called Salamander in Japan but released in North America as Lifeforce.

My contributions:

"Escaflowne" is actually pronounced "esu-ka-furou-ne" rather than es-ka-floun.

"Esuna" = "eikyuu suteetasu wo naosu"
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Even more strange that the PCE port described the first stage is Bionic Germ. :shock:
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

BIL wrote:I HAD NO IDEA VASQUEZ AND JOHN CONNOR'S FOSTER MOM WERE THE SAME ACTRESS :O
Yeah that blew me away too when I first found out.
My lord, I have come for you.
JBC

Post by JBC »

Pickles are cucumbers that have been pickled. They do not come from a pickle tree.
Godzilla was an inside job
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

late realization: it's not lupus
and also, you don't have to argue with everybody, including babies in the crowd
WelshMegalodon wrote:"Escaflowne" is actually pronounced "esu-ka-furou-ne" rather than es-ka-floun.

"Esuna" = "eikyuu suteetasu wo naosu"
yea but ZAURUS has a horrendous Japanese pronuncuation, even though it's meant to conjure images of dinoSaurs (a rather strange reference if you ask me)
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

I had my first Japanese class a few hours ago (posted in my Saturn thread during a break) and so far only know 3 Hiragana characters, 1 Katakana character, and a few words. I knew learning Japanese was going to be hard, but not this hard.
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

I've done a lot of dumb shit, but at least I'm still:

-not a furry
-not even close to Chris-Chan (just was catching up on the CWCki and HOLY FUCK he dreamt of that thing that I'm not even sure I can say on here and the "un-clit 2.0" WTF :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
-Hell, anyone who believes that those subliminal hypnosis videos CWC watched actually work are below me.
Last edited by atheistgod1999 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

atheistgod1999 wrote:I had my first Japanese class a few hours ago (posted in my Saturn thread during a break) and so far only know 3 Hiragana characters, 1 Katakana character, and a few words. I knew learning Japanese was going to be hard, but not this hard.
At least hiragana and katakana are pretty easy -- drill yourself daily for a month at most, and you'll remember how to read all of them quick enough
although, I kind of forgot how to write most of the katakana off-hand myself at this point :oops:
Vocab can be a sticking point though, I'm miserable with it. Kanji will be both harder and easier than you expect.

katakana bonus: a lot of menu text in Japanese games [if it's not using English text anyway] is made of English words written in katakana, so knowing how to read that saves you from having to memorize which menu option does what for the most part
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

atheistgod1999 wrote:I've done a lot of dumb shit, but at least I'm still:

-not a furry
-not even close to Chris-Chan (just was catching up on the CWCki and HOLY FUCK he dreamt of that thing that I'm not even sure I can say on here and the "un-clit 2.0" WTF :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
-Hell, anyone who believes that those subliminal hypnosis videos CWC watched actually work are below me.
What are you even talking about?

I feel like you're responding to an argument that never happened in the first place.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

Lord Satori wrote:What are you even talking about?

I feel like you're responding to an argument that never happened in the first place.
More or less made that post just to mention CWC's antics >.>
DMC

Post by DMC »

I just realized that Armed police batrider is actually short for Armed police Battle Rider, jeez, only took 5 years.
I'm pretty sure it's just bat as in the animal.
I assumed that the title was a reference to Batman. Bat in the title plus the story is about criminals taking over an futuristic american place (Manhattan instead of Gotham) and the police cannot handle the situation so they bring in an unorthodox alternative (ex-convict and psychic bikers instead of Batman, both seen as villains or mistrusted by the public)
Last edited by DMC on Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leandro

Post by Leandro »

Ruldra wrote:Realized that maybe I shouldn't have spent so much time playing videogames. Not too happy with where I am in life right now and a big part of it is that I didn't care much about anything other than games.
I suffer from this too, but what aspect of your life you are not happy with? Professional or love life?
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

Sensitive subject matter, isn't it? Could as well be a pot belly.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Leandro wrote:
Ruldra wrote:Realized that maybe I shouldn't have spent so much time playing videogames. Not too happy with where I am in life right now and a big part of it is that I didn't care much about anything other than games.
I suffer from this too, but what aspect of your life you are not happy with? Professional or love life?
Balance R man!

I've been a video game obsessive since I was about four years old and I'm in it for life - but you gotta have additional creative avenues and get self-educated with skills that inspire you (as opposed to all that stuff they taught you in school you had no interest in).

Gaming is great but it's not going anywhere. You'll always be able to go back to it. Don't let opportunities to git gud at other awesome stuff pass you by.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die