Nostradamus [Arcade]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Perikles

Nostradamus [Arcade]

Post by Perikles »

This game is good. That might come as a surprise, considering that it's from the same guys who made Sand Scorpion (maybe it's only the same guys who published it, but there are some similarities such as the alien ships rising from the ground (stage 1 in Sand Scorpion, stage 2 in Nostradamus), the slowdowns and some minor graphical resemblances). It deserves a score board, that's for sure.

I've mentioned it in the video description of my clear already, but I absolutely want to point out once more just how useful the invincibility frames upon picking up a wing power-up/crystal/question mark block are. It sometimes allows you to ignore enemies for several seconds, it's a bit silly.

I also investigated a little bit as far as the possible infinite milking on the final boss is concerned. The power-ups cease to appear on the first phase after a while, I can say that for certain. I'm not sure how it works on the second phase since the guy uses impossible patterns after a while which is somewhat counterproductive. I can see how one might be able to counterstop the game, and a bit of milking is needed for that, but it's not a broken game eo ipso as far as I can tell.

Please submit scores as such:

Name - Score - Stage - Autofire - Player Side - Version

Code: Select all

Name         Score      Stage    Autofire   Player Side  Version     
1. Perikles    8,630,800     ALL       Yes          2P       Japanese      
2. Mik         1,349,400      4        No           1P        Korean (?)
Last edited by Perikles on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Perikles

Re: Nostradamus [Arcade]

Post by Perikles »

Perikles - 8,630,800 - ALL - Yes - 2P - Japanese

Video

Other than a horrendous death which cost me 500,000 points, I'm very pleased with the run. Had two credits go down the drain at the final boss - die on him and lose several lives in rapid succession afterwards, at least I managed to kill him efficiently this time. I might look into ideal scoring later on, it's not difficult to milk the first phase of the final boss, for example, but I didn't want to take any risk.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Thanks for investigating possible counterstop! This is a gem for sure. It's definitely the same team as Sand Scorpion, but they clearly figured shit out by then.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
turntablism

Post by turntablism »

Mik - 1'349'400 - Stage 4 - no Autofire - Player 1 - Korean ?
Prickly Angler

Post by Prickly Angler »

Prickly Angler - 996 300 - Stage 4 - Joanna/2P - Japanese (PCB)

I use to shit on this game, but come to think of it it wasn’t all that bad. Very obscure game but it's worth playing.
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »