GD: Rajirugi Game System

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
SAM

GD: Rajirugi Game System

Post by SAM »

Let's us discuess what we found out about this game.

Mutiply
It seems to me that you got a mutiply if you a mass a lot of green pills.

You got a lot of green pills when you activate the abs barrior. Every enemy target within the barrior would release green pills.

You also could collect green pills when you damage an enemy by overlapping it while in defance posture (by not shooting and not using sword).

Blue Pills
Collecting Bule Pills would fill up your barrior's bar. When it is filled, you could activate the barrior.

Destorying enemy would collect bule Pills.

Item
It seems that you could lift back falling items using sword attack.

After lifing a few times, some item would change into others.

Item Left by Ground Enemy
It was said at the back of the manual, that if you collect all these item, somthing would happen...

Others
Although you could turn off the stage start dialogue during ship selection. But the manual said the dialogue gave hints for the stages.... Any one know Japanese?
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
the allett

Post by the allett »

hi all

Has anyone managed to figure out a good solid was to kill the last boss, i can get to him on 1 credit (default) and he is just buggering me into next week!!
Need more practise i think!!!

The more i play and understand the scoring mechanics the more this game is opening up to be a very nice shooter!!!

mark :twisted:
In the words of an alcholic, have another drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

for the first boss, you can keep the multiplier up by going all out on the balloons so that you always have the ABS available. Do that, as well as taking out enemies and cancelling bullets with the sword, and you should be good. Takes a while to figure out when to fill to the meter and when to attack so you don't time out on the boss.
=/
Alske

Post by Alske »

Anyone have any advice for the sub-boss on stage 3?
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

Alske wrote:Anyone have any advice for the sub-boss on stage 3?
I cant seem to do any damage to it either.
Tychom

Post by Tychom »

he comes back on st4 so I'm not sure if you're supposed to kill him. at least in the second occurence I know you can do damage, I havent noticed either way the first time around.
Japanese game name database (lottsa shmups!!!)
Rob

Post by Rob »

You can "destroy" them. With x16 bonus. They're worth a nice chunk of points too.
Alske

Post by Alske »

I'm having trouble getting around those bursts of blue crescents that he flings out. I die nearly every time I get to him.
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

Alske wrote:I'm having trouble getting around those bursts of blue crescents that he flings out. I die nearly every time I get to him.
you could always use the little shield. what I do it retreat to the bottom of the screen giving those bullets time to spread out so that there's JUUUSSSTTT enough room to squeez the hitbox through.
=/
Bingo

Post by Bingo »

3rd level midboss kicked my ass too with the tight patterns he shoots in between the regular weaves, both blue waves and clustered bullets. What I didn't realize is that the shield you put up when you're not shooting for a second reflects those. If you can't weave through you can hit the bottom, stop shooting and reflect your way out with the shield as Kingbuzzo said. Mind, I still get owned for stupid mistakes, but at least I can get past him now...theoretically.
Marler

Post by Marler »

Has anyone worked out a reliable way of making the scoring data
appear in the top right corner?
I've done this once by mistake and again (kind of) intentionally.
I was holding start, the b button the x button and finally the a button,
the data appeared, but I haven't managed to replicate it.
By the way, I was doing this on the ship select screen, and holding them till
the game started, but like I said, it didn't work again.
Also, don't forget to destroy the boss' antenna first, destroys all the face
parts for whatever multiplier you are on.
nZero

Post by nZero »

The hitbox on those waves isn't as large as it seems. This is more easily noticed on the later mid-bosses (they're different characters for each stage) flying the similar ships. Oh, and you can "kill" them for points, but they still run away.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

If you're feeling lucky, try juggling as many point medals as you can with your sword to see if they turn into something else. Be careful, though, if they're hit as these other things they'll turn into big point medals.

Yellow triangles = 25% multiplier bar charge
Pink triangles = Turns all enemy shots on screen into point medals
Pink diamonds = Bomber refill

Suggested scores for 3 star speed, 1-2-3 laser:

End of Stage 1: 3.5-4m
End of Stage 2: 10-12m
End of Stage 3: 19-21m
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Secret Extends: I came across one by accident in stage 2. I know it was a secret because I didn't have 8 million points yet.
Last edited by Twiddle on Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Another tip: If you destroy all of an enemy formation, you get a bonus to your ABS meter.
SuperGrafx

Post by SuperGrafx »

What is the trick to negotiating your way through those huge caravans of large ships/carriers (near the end of stage 4 and 5 for example)? They flood the screen with bullets and take too many shots to destroy.

Should I be focusing on dodging/deflecting the flurry of bullets instead of shooting or what?
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

SuperGrafx wrote:What is the trick to negotiating your way through those huge caravans of large ships/carriers (near the end of stage 4 and 5 for example)? They flood the screen with bullets and take too many shots to destroy.

Should I be focusing on dodging/deflecting the flurry of bullets instead of shooting or what?
Start your ABS up while the middle of the first virus carrier ships start to show up then move there and keep swinging and shooting (leaving your shield on is no longer necessary at this point)

The insane anount of bullets you're deflecting should keep your multiplier up and the insane amount of ships you're destroying should recharge your ABS meter before your current ABS bomb ends.
SuperGrafx

Post by SuperGrafx »

Twiddle wrote:
SuperGrafx wrote:What is the trick to negotiating your way through those huge caravans of large ships/carriers (near the end of stage 4 and 5 for example)? They flood the screen with bullets and take too many shots to destroy.

Start your ABS up while the middle of the first virus carrier ships start to show up then move there and keep swinging and shooting (leaving your shield on is no longer necessary at this point)

The insane anount of bullets you're deflecting should keep your multiplier up and the insane amount of ships you're destroying should recharge your ABS meter before your current ABS bomb ends.
I've tried this method, but it seems like the Virus Carrier ships take way too many shots to bring down. And more keep appearing faster than I can take out the ones onscreen. :?
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

SuperGrafx wrote:
Twiddle wrote:

I've tried this method, but it seems like the Virus Carrier ships take way too many shots to bring down. And more keep appearing faster than I can take out the ones onscreen. :?
Clearing the formations of the small enemies that appear near them should help recharge your ABS meter.

Failing that, there are certain spots in the virus carriers that give much more ABS capsules when slashed.
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

Is there anything to keep me from whoring out the ABS and just invulning through entire sections of level that WOULD be difficult, but aren't due to the barrier, or is that what they WANT me to do?
T-hawk

Post by T-hawk »

Clearing the formations of the small enemies that appear near them should help recharge your ABS meter.
That's the ticket for that tough area in the second half of stage 4. Any time you see a wave of lots of ships fly onto the screen, immediately use the ABS and quickly fly up and whack them all with the sword. Doing that should recharge your ABS very quickly and you can do it all over again.

Arvandor wrote:Is there anything to keep me from whoring out the ABS and just invulning through entire sections of level that WOULD be difficult, but aren't due to the barrier, or is that what they WANT me to do?
I'm pretty sure that's what they want you to do, at least when the enemies are dense enough to make it possible, which is most of stages 4 and 5.

There's precedent in shooters for abusing an invulnerability system to plow through a level. That happens all the time in Psyvariar 2, especially stage 4. Also in all the Giga Wing games, and Mars Matrix.

BTW, is anyone else finding that the bubble ship is the most powerful of the three? It deals damage to both regular enemies and bosses faster than the other two, because the bubbles pierce the target and keep hitting as they keep moving. It also has good screen coverage (to cancel the cancellable enemy bullets) thanks to the small bubbles that it shoots out to the sides.

Game system tip: the small award triangles are worth 500 points and the large ones are worth 3000, and both are subject to your multiplier. That's 48K points each for large medals at x16, which adds up pretty fast.
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

Psyvariar 2 I'll accept, I know you can invuln through large chunks of that game with repeated leveling up.

Mars Matrix and Giga Wings though? Mars Matrix you can make your shield go a long way by doing little burst shots of it so that it recovers quickly, but that'll only get you so far, the game is still pretty difficult. And with Giga Wing, your shield takes quite a while to come back, and you have to use it all if you use it, no varied bar useage like Mars Matrix. If you're playing 4 player Giga Wing 2 I'm pretty sure you could invuln the whole game, but that's an entirely different point ;P

It just felt kinda weird to be playing the game for the first time, and realizing how easily abused the shield was. I'm not the best shooter player around, and that just cuts the difficulty of the levels in twain with little or no skill/talent. Fortunately boss battles are still really cool =D

I have to agree on the Bubble shot issue though. I only played the game with the different ships twice each when I first got it (It only game in 2 days ago and I'm busy trying to 1cc Mars Matrix ;P), but it does seem like it does the most damage while simultaneously having some great coverage. The 123 laser seems the worst to me. Low coverage, doesn't penetrate, and does pitiful damage.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Arvandor wrote:I have to agree on the Bubble shot issue though. I only played the game with the different ships twice each when I first got it (It only game in 2 days ago and I'm busy trying to 1cc Mars Matrix ;P), but it does seem like it does the most damage while simultaneously having some great coverage. The 123 laser seems the worst to me. Low coverage, doesn't penetrate, and does pitiful damage.
The Wide Shot and the 1-2-3 Laser do double damage when you're point blanking.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Oh, you cannot get an extra hit point past 5.

I tested this by triggering the secret extend with 5 starting life and no missing and wondering where the bonus hit point by score went :oops:
Alske

Post by Alske »

Secret extend?
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

I think getting the secret extend in stage 2 it has to do with either losing a hit point in the first stage and/or clearing the enemy formations really fast as well as destroying every ground target up until the item carrier comes up, as that's what I've seemed to have done each time I got it.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

No offense, but from the perspective of someone who just got the game, this "guide" needs some more details on how the sword, ABS, pills and mechanics of everything fits together.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Dylan1CC wrote:No offense, but from the perspective of someone who just got the game, this "guide" needs some more details on how the sword, ABS, pills and mechanics of everything fits together.
Seconded.
nZero

Post by nZero »

This is General Discussion, not a Strategy Thesis you know :)

There are two bars, the ABS bar at the bottom and the multiplier bar at the top.

There are two types of pills, blue pills and green pills. Blue pills fill the ABS bar, green pills fill the multiplier bar. There are small and large green pills, the larger ones fill the bar faster.

Destroying an enemy with the shot gives you a blue pill, hitting an enemy with the sword gives you 3(?) blue pills per swipe, cancelling a bullet with the sword gives you a blue pill (useful during boss fights).

When the ABS bar is full from collecting blue pills (or grabbing the purple item) you can use the ABS net. Any enemies inside the ABS net will give small green pills until destroyed. Any bullets cancelled by the ABS net will give small green pills.

There is also the frontal shield that appears when either not shooting/slashing for a short period, or collecting the powerup that the powerup dropships give after the shot is fully powered. This will give large green pills from contacting enemies/cancelling bullets.

The multiplier is THE key to score in the game, since it affects points given for enemies AND all items. Collect those blue pills to be able to collect those green pills while killing stuff for more blue pills ;)

It's times like this I wish I had some way of making replays...
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Ah, yes. I think I'm really getting into the groove of collecting/balancing the pills.

At the moment my strategy is as follows: I'm waiting for my abs barrier to recharge, then I trigger it and close in on the next big enemy, swinging the sword like mad, hopefully producing enough blue pills to fully recharge the abs meter again. This makes for some really nice combos in stages 3 and 4.

The only thing I have problems with is keeping my multiplier bar up in those sections where there are no big enemies to destroy. I haven't managed to raise it above x4 in stage one and x8 in stages 2 and 3. Is there any way to achieve this?

Some more questions:

Does anyone have an idea about how rank works in the game? I'm pretty sure that I see certain attacks (especially on bosses) only if I perform well.

What does the orange powerup do?

Is it even possible to destroy the third midboss? I've taken him down to 1/4 of his health, but he always timed out.

Any good strategy to beat the fourth midboss and the fourth boss? The latter one is really fierce.

Is there any advantage in taking apart the bosses? Score-wise I didn't notice a difference.

On a sidenote: The damned DC pad is killing my hands.