P-47: The Freedom Fighter [Arcade/PCE]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Perikles

P-47: The Freedom Fighter [Arcade/PCE]

Post by Perikles »

Not to be confused with P-47 Aces, that's a different game altogether. There's also a Western version by the name of P-47: The Phantom Fighter, don't know about the differences, however.

In any case, while both the arcade version and its PCE port are respectably tough games they differ in interesting ways. The former loops infinitely, the PCE version ends after one loop. That makes it also tricky to get a picture of a clear on the PCE since you cannot even pause after beating the final boss, so be ready for it. There are quite a few bonus points to be gained in the arcade version just by shooting specific spots, but I have no idea how to trigger them, you probably have to do it during specific windows of time. You also get points for not dying in any given stage and picking up every item, but real men will just play 10+ loops and get the 10 million points that way. :mrgreen:

For the arcade version I would ask you for these information:

Name - Score - Stage - Autofire - Version

For the PCE, this will suffice:

Name - Score - Stage - Autofire

Arcade

Code: Select all

Name         Score      Stage    Autofire     Version     
1. Perikles     1,293,700  13/2-5      Yes     Freedom Fighter      
PCE

Code: Select all

Name         Score      Stage    Autofire     
1. Perikles     2,126,800    ALL       Yes     
2. Kollision    2,015,500    ALL       Yes 
Last edited by Perikles on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Perikles

Re: P-47: The Freedom Fighter [Arcade/PCE]

Post by Perikles »

Arcade

Perikles - 1,293,700 - Area 13/2-5 - Yes - Freedom Fighter

Video

Modest run (with wrong initials, even!), thought about restarting after I lost my first life in stage 2, that endless boot-up sequence made me continue playing. :lol: I do a decent job at the actually difficult parts (bar stage 7) and fail at the easy sections. It should be possible to counterstop this game since you get all the extends in every loop (unlike in US AAF Mustang, but we'll get to that one soon enough) again, not really interested to practice for (and then pull off) a marathon run, though.

PCE

Perikles - 2,126,800 - Yes

This was a good run, bosses time out really fast in this version, when I first cleared the game I only managed to beat 3 out of the 8 bosses. :lol:
Kollision

Re: P-47: The Freedom Fighter [Arcade/PCE]

Post by Kollision »

Hi there I am a freedom fighter for the PC Engine :P

Kollision - 2,015,500 - ALL - YES