Hellfire

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
MJR

Re: Hellfire

Post by MJR »

Table updated, sorry for the delay once again. Keep up the good work!
MJR

Post by MJR »

Added table for PC-Engine CD version!
ooze9

Post by ooze9 »

PC Engine - normal mode:
Ooze9 - 614100

MJR

Post by MJR »

ooze9 wrote:PC Engine - normal mode:
Ooze9 - 614100
Updated, do you remember the stage number? I don't want to go guessing it, since I don't know how the PC-E version numbers the stages.
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

Arcade

Perikles - 1,219,410 - 1P - 3-24 (Loop 2) - MAME

Video

Got this on my first real credit. I thought about playing a bit more since this run is filled to the brim with awful deaths (some of them due to sheer boredom - the checkpoint recoveries on the other hand are jolly ol' fun! Except for the final boss who's awkward to fight in such a slow state) but just thinking about playing the first loop again makes me shudder. They should've made the second loop the first one, simple as that. And what's up with all that slowdown? MD version is superior in every way as far as I'm concerned. I played with autofire and also set the region to Japan in case it matters, I was hoping it would get a bit more exciting, but I guess not...

ooze9's score is an ALL, by the way, you can see the burning wreck of the final boss in his picture.
MJR

Post by MJR »

Updated. That's a pretty nice score you got there!
I never made it into second loop myself on one credit with my PCB.
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

UGO wrote:I see updates. But in the table there are others players with scores made on the japanese version.

Japanese version is easier.
More extends.
More bombs.
Autofire is faster.
Enemies are weaker.
Difficulty's difference is weaker from a loop to the next.
So... the US/EU version has the Yea Right difficulty option, and three different endings (one for normal, one for yea right). Are all the graphics present in the JPN as well? And maybe accessible via loops?
X - P - B
UGO

Post by UGO »

Hello.
Yeah there are three different endings for the US/EU version.
But there is only one graphic ending for the japanese version.
L-Dis, Gaiares, Battle Squadron... Go replay : http://www.dailymotion.com/UGO--Runs--- ... oId=xensqt
MJR

Post by MJR »

That's interesting. Is this only for the Megadrive version? How about the PC-Engine and PCB?
UGO

Post by UGO »

I don't know about PCE and PCB.
Games are different I think.
I played Megadrive only.
L-Dis, Gaiares, Battle Squadron... Go replay : http://www.dailymotion.com/UGO--Runs--- ... oId=xensqt
MJR

Post by MJR »

Well, I own both the PCB and PCE version so I guess I just have to find out the hard way :D
MJR

Post by MJR »

I finally decided to remove entries by Perikles, for reasons that are well documented elsewhere in the forum. I admit that it took a long time for me to finally to do it - I didn't want to rush.
UGO

Post by UGO »

PC Engine version :
Easy / 711.800 / ALL / Avec l'autofire de la manette.

UGO

Post by UGO »

PC Engine version :
Normal / 675.300 / ALL / Avec l'autofire de la manette.

MJR

Post by MJR »

UGO wrote: Avec l'autofire de la manette.
Updated. Since I can't read or speak french, you have to explain to me what that does mean in english 8)
UGO

Post by UGO »

Thanks for the update. :)

My english is very bad...

There is no autofire in the PC Engine version. So I used autofire with the controller.
MJR

Post by MJR »

Understood. Updated.
NMS

Post by NMS »

Arcade, 1P set with checkpoints
NMS - 1,037,430 - 1P - 3-8 - ShmupMAME 4.2

Cleared the first loop then entered a spiral of death at some bad checkpoint in stage 3

Replay
MJR

Post by MJR »

Updated.
Bloody

Post by Bloody »

BLO 461,450 1P 5-10 Pcb (autofire)

since yesterday i have the pcb

Last edited by Bloody on Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJR

Post by MJR »

Updated!
Mero

Post by Mero »

Hellfire MD, Easy, US version

Mero - 1,532,060 - 1-5 - Yes

On stage 5 I crash into the walls too much. I've been to the part where the screen starts scrolling vertically.
MJR

Post by MJR »

Anyone practising for the upcoming M2 shottriggers already?

Updated. This inspired me to have a go on my PC-Engine CD version, and put up a score, but since it does not give area number, I didn't know how far I got exactly. Somewhere late in stage 5 I think.

PC-Engine CD, easy
503,650 ?-? Autofire: Yes
Steven

Post by Steven »

Are there not separate tables for 1P and 2P versions? It's your thread and you can have them together if you want, but they do play very differently due to different onscreen shot limits and the presence or absence of checkpoints, and I think it's worth splitting them. You can also play the 2P version on 2P side, as well, but I don't know if there are any differences if you play on 2P side.

Anyway, I have preliminary scores for both after messing around with Zero Fire for a while. I hate the 2P version, BTW. No autofire on either of these, and do you want to count playing the PS4 version on PS5 as PS4, PS4 on PS5, or just PS5?

2P
Steven - 325,250 - 2P - 3-22 - PS4 (on PS5)
Spoiler
1P
Steven - 372,710 - 1P - 3-23 - PS4 (on PS5)
Spoiler
Steven

Post by Steven »

Here is a minor improvement before I go to bed.

Steven - 450,000 - 2P - 4-28 - PS4 (on PS5)
Spoiler
MJR

Post by MJR »

Steven wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:36 am Are there not separate tables for 1P and 2P versions? It's your thread and you can have them together if you want, but they do play very differently due to different onscreen shot limits and the presence or absence of checkpoints, and I think it's worth splitting them. You can also play the 2P version on 2P side, as well, but I don't know if there are any differences if you play on 2P side.

Anyway, I have preliminary scores for both after messing around with Zero Fire for a while. I hate the 2P version, BTW. No autofire on either of these, and do you want to count playing the PS4 version on PS5 as PS4, PS4 on PS5, or just PS5?

2P
Steven - 325,250 - 2P - 3-22 - PS4 (on PS5)
Spoiler
1P
Steven - 372,710 - 1P - 3-23 - PS4 (on PS5)
Spoiler
Thanks for the entries.
I follow Toaplan M2 thread very actively, and I have certainly not missed the continuing noise you make about the differences between 1P / 2P versions :wink:

Whether I should have separate tables for 1P or 2P was the very first question I asked in this thread back in 2005! If you go read the replies from the first page, the consensus here was that no, it's not necessary. So this is not a question of what I want, but what people wanted me to do in this thread. I have added separate tables for people who play console conversions and separated them by difficulty, because they asked.

I am sorry, but I am not about to go changing tables from format for which I already asked people's opinion, just because one person shows up 18 years later to think differently.

Now, if this thread becomes more active again, and more people show up and start saying that 1P and 2P modes really do need different tables, then I will have no problems to make adjustments as needed. But it really needs some noise, since everyone has been happy with things as they are since 2005 :)

Therefore, it means that for now, you have one entry for arcade, whether it is 1P or 2P, as they are for same table. Updated.

PS. Anybody feeling they agree / disagree with Steven are welcome to express their thoughts here. Just please let me have the last post, so I don't miss the email alerts (I don't know yet if the new forum software will alert me from other replies than ones that are posted after my reply).
Steven

Post by Steven »

1P
Steven - 581,000 - 1P - 4-30 - PS4 (on PS5)
Spoiler
MJR

Post by MJR »

Updated
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Third_strike 1,165,140 1P 3-8 ShmupMAME 4.2

Hellish game, never again!
This game is very unfair.
MJR

Post by MJR »

Damn that long name, I had to reformat the whole table!

Anyway, updated