Chicagoland Carnival

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
majik989s

Re: Chicagoland Summer Carnival - New Poll for meetup dates

Post by majik989s »

Some-Mist wrote:galloping ghost has battle garegga now...
While this is exciting, I'm super stoked to play the Bevis and Butt-head machine they got their hands on!

https://youtu.be/ZD5JuRc7fN4
"Only entertains itself."- USA Today
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

Some-Mist wrote:galloping ghost has battle garegga now... so it looks like I won't have to bring it this year unless we want to play it on the candy :D
that'll basically leave me with dangun feveron, armed police batrider, and ibara.
Damn son, I'm excited to play it over there. I already send a text to Doc, but if you don't mind Some-Mist can you contact Doc to be sure we're set for June 17th-19th? I'll be online here and there to update it the thread if necessary.

Also, I'll be out of the country (wheeeeee Japan-bound!) for 2 weeks, so you guys can contact me via skype/discord/PM.
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
shmups IRC wrote:wich linode wud u fuk
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Well, I can get June 17-19 off work for sure now, so you can amend my poll vote to reflect those days :P

But on another note, looking at ways to make it that won't tire me out both ways, so was thinking of getting train tickets....but would need someone able to take me to/from Union station, would likely arrive evening on the 17th and have to be there ready to leave by 7am either the 19th or possibly the 20th if someone would be willing to have me to be there the whole day on the 19th.
Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

beatsgo wrote:
Some-Mist wrote:galloping ghost has battle garegga now... so it looks like I won't have to bring it this year unless we want to play it on the candy :D
that'll basically leave me with dangun feveron, armed police batrider, and ibara.
Damn son, I'm excited to play it over there. I already send a text to Doc, but if you don't mind Some-Mist can you contact Doc to be sure we're set for June 17th-19th? I'll be online here and there to update it the thread if necessary.

Also, I'll be out of the country (wheeeeee Japan-bound!) for 2 weeks, so you guys can contact me via skype/discord/PM.
I just saw this, but I'll reach out to him. I do think we are all good since summer shmup week is june 13-19.

been seeing some pics from that trip btw and it looks like a blast.
a creature... half solid half gas
Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

drunkninja24 wrote:Well, I can get June 17-19 off work for sure now, so you can amend my poll vote to reflect those days :P

But on another note, looking at ways to make it that won't tire me out both ways, so was thinking of getting train tickets....but would need someone able to take me to/from Union station, would likely arrive evening on the 17th and have to be there ready to leave by 7am either the 19th or possibly the 20th if someone would be willing to have me to be there the whole day on the 19th.
I'm not 100% sure how I'm getting there yet, but I'm going down to atlanta this weekend to pickup my girlfriends car with her. if I have access to her car I might be driving down to GGA from lakeview anyway. I'll only know when it's closer to the meet.

how are you planning on getting over here?
majik989s

Post by majik989s »

DN, what are you planning on bringing? I remember you having at least two trips to the car's worth of games and stuff. You may also be able to hop Metra to get to the suburbs straight from Union.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Yeah haha, might not be as big a haul as last time, but I dunno. Definitely my Ketsui board, and my 360 haul if I can manage it, but that is sizable itself I suppose :P
majik989s

Post by majik989s »

Well I've got most of the 360 games so you and I can work out which ones you want to bring that way the load is much smaller.
Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

heard back from doc today and he said everything is set for us 8)
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

Some-Mist wrote:heard back from doc today and he said everything is set for us 8)
Fucking right Chi-town! Glad we can move it, will be updating the title and other misc crap. I should be in contact with Doc soon so we can figure out the tourney format.
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

majik989s wrote:Well I've got most of the 360 games so you and I can work out which ones you want to bring that way the load is much smaller.
Same here, I think the only ones I don't have are the Milestone releases, Mamoru-kun, and Shiki III
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

drunkninja24 wrote:
majik989s wrote:Well I've got most of the 360 games so you and I can work out which ones you want to bring that way the load is much smaller.
Same here, I think the only ones I don't have are the Milestone releases, Mamoru-kun, and Shiki III
I can bring those you're missing if needed, just for completion's sake.

I also have a pretty extensive amount of the NES/Famicom shmups, as far as consoles, as well as Xbox One, which has 5 or 6 unique shmups out for it now and a few more that should be out by June (Raiden V, Teslapunk, Steredenn, Gryphon Knight Epic, and more) Also have a PS3 with tons of PS1 shmups on it (Harmful Park, etc.) and also has almost every shmup released for PS3.

I think two consoles is about all that I'd be willing to haul out with me, if anyone has interest in them. Since 360 is already covered, if I brought these, that takes care of a good majority of console shmups outside of more rare PC Engine stuff, etc.

Are we going to have a list of who's bringing what in the original post so we can iron all that out?
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
drunkninja24

Re: Chicagoland Summer Carnival - June 17th-19th

Post by drunkninja24 »

Would definitely want to check out Raiden V, so yeah, definitely bring that Xbone :mrgreen:
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

Let me check with Doc see what consoles he has available on hand to borrow. We may not need to bring any consoles at all and just need to bring games and sticks for them. Definitely for sure with the PS3.
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
majik989s

Post by majik989s »

MachineAres 1CC wrote: Are we going to have a list of who's bringing what in the original post so we can iron all that out?
We normally set up a Google doc as the meet gets closer so people can put what they're bringing.
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

majik989s wrote:
MachineAres 1CC wrote: Are we going to have a list of who's bringing what in the original post so we can iron all that out?
We normally set up a Google doc as the meet gets closer so people can put what they're bringing.
Here's the link to the google sheet
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

tried to request access to edit the spreadsheet, but only have view access at the moment
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

Some-Mist wrote:tried to request access to edit the spreadsheet, but only have view access at the moment
Noted and corrected
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

beatsgo wrote:Let me check with Doc see what consoles he has available on hand to borrow. We may not need to bring any consoles at all and just need to bring games and sticks for them. Definitely for sure with the PS3.
If he has consoles, do they generally have monitors/TVs to go with or are we needing to bring all those?

And did you mean you're sure he has a PS3, or doesn't have one?

Definitely let us know exactly what we can borrow/use from GG as opposed to bringing ourselves, that'll be really helpful.
beatsgo wrote:
majik989s wrote:
Here's the link to the google sheet
Very cool, good idea.
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
stuminator

Post by stuminator »

Looks like I will have a 3 day weekend and could make it this year. 8)

Is there a motel room people are planning on splitting, or will someone have a place available to stay at?
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

stuminator wrote:Looks like I will have a 3 day weekend and could make it this year. 8)

Is there a motel room people are planning on splitting, or will someone have a place available to stay at?
I might be doing that this year.
Will add a page on the google docs for those who have places to stay or needs a place to stay.
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

stuminator wrote:Looks like I will have a 3 day weekend and could make it this year. 8)

ahh shit, now get ol' Todd to come along and we can have another good ol' midwest roadtrip again :P
stuminator

Post by stuminator »

drunkninja24 wrote:

ahh shit, now get ol' Todd to come along and we can have another good ol' midwest roadtrip again :P
He is seeing if he can go that weekend... :)
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

So quick update for everyone:
-GGA is holding a week long shmup arcade tourney from the 13th to the 19th. Luckily for us we're going to be there in the tail end of it. Will be providing updates for the event soon....
-He does have JP x360s and PS2s, so we're definitely set for those and just need to bring sticks and games. TVs should be set as well since has some over there in the console area.
-As always, I'll be reserving a room soon, so let me know who needs to book a room besides suminator.
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Put my name in for the "needs a room" crew, looking forward to heading out :mrgreen:
Zerst

Post by Zerst »

I should have things sorted out to make it, so I'll need a room.
Dimahoo is a fun game.
<trap15> C is for Bakraid
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

Cool beans,

So for all of you, please let me know who needs a room by June 1st. That way I'll can book the room with at least the best rates. Also apparently I have another wedding reception to attend to which I can't miss out, so I'll be out part of the afternoon on Saturday. :roll:
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
majik989s

Post by majik989s »

It looks like I'm going to be on call (for the first time ever!) on Saturday. If most of the crew is here on Friday night, do you think we could do pizza that night?
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

@drunkninja24: do you have a JAMMA fingerboard with RGB header connection for a gonbes 8220? I'm thinking of doing a local recording/livestreaming on the NAC for Friday and Saturday.
@majik989s: I'll definitely going to make it an effort to buy the pizza on Friday if your status stands for Saturday.

Well gents, just found out I don't have a wedding reception to attend to next week xD
Last edited by beatsgo on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Yeah I got a fingerboard that can connect to RGB, definitely can bring it up.

Think I might just be driving out same as before so I don't have to worry about things I can pack on the train lol