SPI SXX2D RAIDEN FIGHTERS JET

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Sir Arthur ahf

SPI SXX2D RAIDEN FIGHTERS JET

Post by Sir Arthur ahf »

Hello guys,

I got a Raiden Fighters Jet w/o the mobo (JP). The thing I did not know is that RFJ uses a revision of the SPI hardware

Not easy to find some info but... voilá I found this blog

http://ikotsu.blogspot.com.es/2010/01/r ... i-jet.html

Here it says that you need the SXX2D revision of the mobo, but on some other pics you can see the SXX2C

Anyone knows If you can use both?

Cheers,
Ed Oscuro

Re: SPI SXX2D RAIDEN FIGHTERS JET

Post by Ed Oscuro »

No, you don't need a particular version motherboard to run Jet. There have been lots of SPI rumors, like that Jet ran the CPU at a faster clock speed (for some reason Ghegs' RF Emporium page claims this, it's not true). This is another bad rumor. Jet was a later release so you often find it with the late revision motherboard - that's probably all there is to it.

I don't know why Seibu made the first motherboard revision or what changed. The next and final revision - the small version motherboard - was likely done for cost-cutting reasons, just like Raiden Fighters 2000 and the OKI system variants. The small version motherboard seems to have pretty bad video quality compared to the original so I'd avoid it.
Sir Arthur ahf

Post by Sir Arthur ahf »

Ed Oscuro wrote:No, you don't need a particular version motherboard to run Jet. There have been lots of SPI rumors, like that Jet ran the CPU at a faster clock speed (for some reason Ghegs' RF Emporium page claims this, it's not true). This is another bad rumor. Jet was a later release so you often find it with the late revision motherboard - that's probably all there is to it.

I don't know why Seibu made the first motherboard revision or what changed. The next and final revision - the small version motherboard - was likely done for cost-cutting reasons, just like Raiden Fighters 2000 and the OKI system variants. The small version motherboard seems to have pretty bad video quality compared to the original so I'd avoid it.
Thanks Ed, but aparently It is true.

I already hace VP NV and RF2, both with the same mobo (SXX2C 1995) and It doesn't work with Jet

This is th screen I got when I booted it up

Sir Arthur ahf

Post by Sir Arthur ahf »

Ok guys, Rancor just told me what happened

I just changed the jumper and it works now

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez