MAGFest 14 (Feb 18-21, 2016)

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Strider77

Re: MAGFest 14 (Feb 18-21, 2016)

Post by Strider77 »

You have a 360 in a cab? Vert or hori?
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Akai Katana and DDP DFK BL for 360.... Death Smiles also.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I think I'd be sticking with the plan to run SDOJ, Ketsui, and maybe stuff like Mushihimesama 1.5 on the 360. My 360 Cave collection is complete and I have a few random other things if people want to request something in particular. Muchi Muchi Pork's 360 port has a very cab-unfriendly UI (can't even see most of it on a 480p display) so it's better to run the PCB of that one.

Still want to try running Crimzon Clover on a PC-in-a-cab; I have one about the size of a 360 and it can use all the same video and controller hookups the 360 would, but need a power outlet.
majors

Post by majors »

StarCreator wrote: Still want to try running Crimzon Clover on a PC-in-a-cab; I have one about the size of a 360 and it can use all the same video and controller hookups the 360 would, but need a power outlet.
The Naomi cab with the 360 setup has a two prong plug inside for the xbox power brick if that works. We can always run an extension cord into it. Remember, that monitor can ONLY take 640x480.
Wedoca '24
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

majors wrote:
StarCreator wrote: Still want to try running Crimzon Clover on a PC-in-a-cab; I have one about the size of a 360 and it can use all the same video and controller hookups the 360 would, but need a power outlet.
The Naomi cab with the 360 setup has a two prong plug inside for the xbox power brick if that works. We can always run an extension cord into it. Remember, that monitor can ONLY take 640x480.

If we don't have enough Xbox 360 VGA cables I think I have at least one.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Mushi 1.5 would be good. I don't really care for SDOJ at all, that's just me though.

I'm assuming the cab is vert/tate then?
majors

Post by majors »

Morbid Kitty -> The Naomi is 100% ready for 360, no need for VGA cords. StarCreator will bring his JP 360 and games. I'll have my US 360 as back up, but I only have Raiden 4 and Raiden collection that run tate.

One of my Blasts' CRT's took a shit over the wknd...replacing it with my back up Madonna. It's a 24" screen so I'll try to keep the older PCB's on it. It only has 3 button.

Strider77 -> We will have three vert JAMMA cabs, and two hori but one is set aside for Neo games(and tetris). The 360 cab will be virt as well.
Wedoca '24
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

RayStorm may not happen as it may not arrive in time. I can still bring DOJBL and Gunbird 2.

I need suggestions on how to bring these though. I'm flying by plane so I'm going through the TSA. Should I put the PCBs on carry on or in the check in bag? I just don't want the TSA to confiscate them or for them to be damaged during flight.
majors

Post by majors »

ratikal wrote: I'm flying by plane so I'm going through the TSA. Should I put the PCBs on carry on or in the check in bag? I just don't want the TSA to confiscate them or for them to be damaged during flight.
If you pack them with a lot of protection in your luggage, in-between your clothes, I think you'll be safe. Or, just bring DOJ(it's smaller, right?) over Gunbird. If you have any reservations at all, we will be okay without it...Strider77 is driving up and will have basically all his boards minus the CSP2 stuff(we have it on multi anyhow). I would not risk a BL just for us.

TSA will not confiscate it...it's not a bomb. It might just hold you up during screening.
Wedoca '24
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

majors wrote:
ratikal wrote: I'm flying by plane so I'm going through the TSA. Should I put the PCBs on carry on or in the check in bag? I just don't want the TSA to confiscate them or for them to be damaged during flight.
If you pack them with a lot of protection in your luggage, in-between your clothes, I think you'll be safe. Or, just bring DOJ(it's smaller, right?) over Gunbird. If you have any reservations at all, we will be okay without it...Strider77 is driving up and will have basically all his boards minus the CSP2 stuff(we have it on multi anyhow). I would not risk a BL just for us.

TSA will not confiscate it...it's not a bomb. It might just hold you up during screening.
Yeah personally, I'm just gonna bring DOJBL. Gunbird 2 isn't even mine and I don't want to risk breaking it during transit.
majors

Post by majors »

I've been updating the spreadsheet based on comments. It's a loose form for us to have a semblance of order. I know some ppl might not show or extra boards may appear. I do not want to create drama over PCB envy. I'll try to PM everyone that offered games and let them know if it's needed and what time to plan to bring them down. I can always lock up boards inside the cabs if that works for the lender.

I load up Tuesday night, and leave my place Wednesday morning to head to the Gaylord. If anyone has thoughts on changing the board schedule lineup, let me know. Remember form the earlier post, the "available" games does not mean they will be on hand at MAGFest...for example, I'm not bringing SideArms, who wants to play that other than me!
Wedoca '24
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Am I still bringing an F3 mobo? Anything I need to know about pulling the cartridge out? Is it just brute force?
majors

Post by majors »

StarCreator wrote:Am I still bringing an F3 mobo? Anything I need to know about pulling the cartridge out? Is it just brute force?
Troy will have Elevator Action Returns running all wknd, so unless there is something you want to run, you can leave it at home. SK could bring F3 carts, but I never added them to the spreadsheet. Bring your EspRaDe and JP 360 w/ discs.
Wedoca '24
majors

Post by majors »

Reviewing what we have planned, I have a quick cheat sheet for ppl of what to bring:

Kiken - ESPGaluda II, Pink Sweets, Prehistoric Isle 2, Zed Blade
deiKatze88 - Parodius, Gokujou
majors - Viper, DoDon 2, Sexy Parodius, Thunderforce, Dragon Saber, Andro Dunos, Alpha Mission 2, Progear
StarCreator - EspRaDe, JP 360
ratikal - DOJBL, TGM2
Strider77 - Ibara Kuro, Futari BL, Dogyuun, Guwange, Batrider

You know I'm pretty easy, and we can replace anything of mine that is running and I won't get butt hurt. Some folks that offered boards were flying, so I tried to keep it to folks that were driving.
Wedoca '24
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Oh, I should note, EspRaDe lacks a free play mode and maxes out at 9 credits, so it has to run in a cab with a coin input wired somehow.
Rei

Post by Rei »

majors wrote: SK@PSO2_Ship5- Gekirindan, Twin Cobra 2, Space Invaders '95 (needs to borrow F3 mobo)
SK Confirmed with me that he's bringing all of these games.

I advise contacting him through twitter to let him know where/when you want things.
majors

Post by majors »

Rei wrote: I advise contacting him through twitter to let him know where/when you want things.
...I'm too old for twitter...

I e-mailed SK, and also sent a PM<?> on twatter. If he has boards, we can see what we can put in, but Twin Cobra 2 vs Ibara Kuro...not much question there. I dropped the ball a little and did not keep everyone in the loop. I hate for ppl to bring stuff just for us not to be able to run it...sort of puts a Debbie Downer on future PCB volunteers. I'll do my best to accommodate folks, but we only have some many cabs and only 4 days.

See you fools in 48 hours! (I'll be at the Gaylord Wednesday afternoon setting up)
Wedoca '24
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

So am I bringing my F3 mobo after all?

Alternatively, what region is the Space Invaders '95 cart, and is it a hori or vert game? If regioning matches Troy's F3 (or if Troy's is region modded like mine) and it's a hori game it could conceivably be a swap game with Elevator Action.
majors

Post by majors »

StarCreator wrote:So am I bringing my F3 mobo after all?
I told SK to leave his F3's carts at home. It's too late to start changing shit. Not like we started planning MONTHS ago. I have no control over Troy's F3...We will see what's up at the con.
Wedoca '24
zakk

Post by zakk »

Do we want to try to have any sort of actual coordinate forum meet? Last year's "just hang around the cabs" didn't work out so well.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Gwyrgyn apparently forgot his password here but told me over Steam chat he is not able to come this year. I'm going to be both predictable and not in that I'm primarily managing an island of music games a bit further into the room from where the candies are this year. (Just got back from loading them into the truck an hour or two ago...)

EDIT: On last check, it seems myself, Kiken, and Strider77 are all listed as bringing Blazing Star. Only one is necessary I think. I'll leave mine at home since I'm already bringing Esprade, my 360, and a ton of stuff for music and console games.
SNK-NEO-GEO

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

That NeoGeo candy in the Arcade room is beautiful, the monitor is to bright and sharp:)

"I plan to have a Neo Candy with a 2-slut dedicated for MVS shooters, make it a bit easier to have choice titles on rotation during the weekend."
The Future Is Now
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Was great seeing you guys there again. Now Minzoku and I need to get serious about finding this house we plan on buying.
zakk

Post by zakk »

Reminded yet again I want a Madonna
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Great show though I wasn't near the candy cabs nearly as often as I would like. Also managed to forget my copy of SDOJ at home somewhere, so other things had to fill the 360 roster instead. Ooops.
Kiken wrote:Was great seeing you guys there again. Now Minzoku and I need to get serious about finding this house we plan on buying.
https://soundcloud.com/arden-d/time-to-get-serious
zakk

Post by zakk »

Kiken wrote:Was great seeing you guys there again. Now Minzoku and I need to get serious about finding this house we plan on buying.
Funded by Cave PCBs and AES carts
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

First year I brought games to magfest I didn't have time to play.
majors

Post by majors »

Thanks everyone for helping out with boards. I think we where 80% on plan, but end of the day, as long as we had games running, we good.

Cabwise, things ran smooth...no major failures other than StarCreator's monitor chassis burning up(I'll get you back Jack). I was able to let my candy run while relaxing in the computer museum.

pic's: https://goo.gl/photos/eRZvnv6kpdjzLP5M8
Wedoca '24
chempop

Post by chempop »

Impressive as always, majors. Sadly magfest falls on a weekend I'm unable to attend.
I'm glad that there was some serious shump playing at such a well attended event.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

Tony, you weren't falling over drunk all weekend, are you sure you had a good mag :P