Strikers 1945 SteamDB listing

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
GSK

Strikers 1945 SteamDB listing

Post by GSK »

https://steamdb.info/app/431150/subs/

It went up just before xmas; no word on who's publishing, how much it'll cost or when it'll be out, but it's clearly in the works for a Steam release.
Mills

Re: Strikers 1945 SteamDB listing

Post by Mills »

Guess we'll have wait and see on this one.
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

I'd certainly enjoy some some Psikyo love on Steam. It can't turn out worse than Gunbird, right? :P
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

Pretty sure they're doing this because I bought MLF on sale for $0.99, proving that there's big cash to be made on steam. Hopefully they release all psikyo games on steam and forget about boring cave meme games.
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

I'm expecting this to be another DotEmu thing. Hoping I'm wrong of course.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Bringing a "light-speed bullet" game series for wider audience? Yay Cool! :D
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Something tells me this will just be another PS1 port slapped into an emulator.
ctr

Post by ctr »

Definitely seems to be a PS1 port considering it was added at about the same time as One and Armorines: Project Swarm, both are PS1 games.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

copy-paster wrote:Bringing a "light-speed bullet" game series for wider audience? Yay Cool! :D
Eh? That's what the average person is more likely to know. Raiden, Strikers 1945 series, etc.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
GSK

Post by GSK »

ctr wrote:Definitely seems to be a PS1 port considering it was added at about the same time as One and Armorines: Project Swarm, both are PS1 games.
The rights to the PSX port of Strikers 1945 and those two games are all held by different companies, so I think this is probably just a coincidence.
ctr

Post by ctr »

I agree that selection does seem arbitrary (Armorines didn't even get good reviews when it came out), and also none of these games were previously published by XS Games (unlike Gunbird and other games published by Console Classics), but the fact that they all have a very similar format (they have a banner which is uncommon for prereleases on Steam) and that the last change dates are within minutes of each other, that to me points towards them being done by the same publisher.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

R=App Id & Name & PS1 Publisher [US] R=[url=https://steamdb.info/app/431140/subs/]431140[/url] & [url=http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/198236-one/data]One[/url] & ASC Games R=[url=https://steamdb.info/app/431150/subs/]431150[/url] & [url=http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/472308-strikers-1945/data]Strikers 1945[/url] [II] & Agetec R=[url=https://steamdb.info/app/431160/subs/]431160[/url] & [url=http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/196640-armorines-project-swarm/data]Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M.[/url] & Acclaim

site:consoleclassics.co "Published by: ASC Games"
2 hits

Misspelled as "ACS Games"
site:consoleclassics.co "Published by: ACS Games"
3 hits

site:consoleclassics.co "Published by: Acclaim"
1 hit

Now given my confirmation bias all this could still be "coincidence" - but I'm sticking to it; this will (sadly) be a Console Classics steam release of the PS1 version of Strikers 1945 II.

Given the confusion around the name of the PS1 "Strikers 1945" US release (and the "ASC Games" vs "ACS Games" confusion at Console Classics - i.e. lack of attention to detail) I'm not putting too much stake on the banner belonging to "Strikers 1945" rather than "Strikers 1945 II". I'm imaging a "human resource" with little to no interest in "prehistoric video games" much less "shmups" using Google images to search for "Strikers 1945" (the US name for "Strikers 1945 II") images and composing a new banner from "Strikers 1945" elements - even when the game is technically "Strikers 1945 II". And the entry is only preliminary anyway since:
This app has been deleted or is hidden to the public
There is also the danger that they will "forget" to enable "Arcade" (i.e. tate) mode which was disabled in the US PS1 release.
Jeneki wrote:I'd certainly enjoy some some Psikyo love on Steam. It can't turn out worse than Gunbird, right? :P
Gunbird deserved better. Both "Strikers 1945" and "Strikers 1945 II" deserve much better. Note the preference for the US name: "Mobile Light Force (aka Gunbird)" - so we might be looking at "Strikers 1945 (aka Strikers 1945 II)".
Last edited by HydrogLox on Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

But how well do these Console Classics stuff play?

Not that I'd be getting it cause I don't care for Psikyo stuff, but I wonder what the port(or emulation if these use that) quality of these tend to be
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

The Mobile Light Force (aka Gunbird) reviews would indicate that most shmups.system11.org members wouldn't be too happy with it.
Shogun

Post by Shogun »

Many people have legitimate complaints about the Gunbird release. Its a crap port. If you bring up the update history for Gunbird in Steam its empty. Thats all you really need to know about what type of quality to expect from this company.
atro

Post by atro »

I love those Strikers games.

Got Strikers III for my phone two weeks ago and Strikers 1945 on PCB last week.
They rock.
Image . Image
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Shogun wrote:If you bring up the update history for Gunbird in Steam its empty. Thats all you really need to know about what type of quality to expect from this company.
Uh, the Alltynex games were never updated either (once they hit Steam). I'm not sure that's a very good indicator of anything.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

Isn't it just the PS1 mobile light force game running under some emulator? There's no way in hell that's ever getting updated. They probably don't even have the source anymore. Strikers will unfortunately probably end up the same way.
ctr

Post by ctr »

Yeah, they just use a gimped version of pcsxr, which apparently lacks support for player 2 controller among other things. I'm sure the source code to the original games are somewhere. Maybe one of the programmers have it, who knows.