Oh help me! I want Radiant Silvergun :cries:

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Soldato J

Post by Soldato J »

I know you said money is not an issue, but I wanted to mention this as I always think of it whenever the "RSG-is it worth the money? " question comes up. Look at it this way--would you pay $50 each for three games that are not crappy, but not spectacular? We (gamers) do all the time. So say you pay $150 for RSG--for the equivalent of three good but not perfect games, you can get a very well made and highly sought-after game that you may possibly love.

By the way, this kind of thinking gets me in trouble more often than not (like my 2-year Saturn shmup quest, my multiple Neo Geo home cart purchases, and my current Bemani addiction--Pop'n music ASC on the way!!), so you may want to forget you ever read this reply :twisted:
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

as i say i will most likely get it. i payed $200 for Steel Battalion when it came out and I can count the times i have played it on one hand. and i know that while i may not LOVE rsg, it will be a good one to try. also, it helps that if i do hate it, i can turn around and sell it again easily (as some have pointed out).

oh and Soldato J. question for you, i have been getting very curious about Pop'n Music (seeing it played in Lost in Translation did it). are there home-ports that are worth mentioning? I have an asian PS2, will i be able to play them? How much are the controllers? Thanks a lot.
I have no sig whatsoever.
Tony Gradius

Post by Tony Gradius »

Soldato J wrote:would you pay $50 each for three games that are not crappy, but not spectacular? We (gamers) do all the time. So say you pay $150 for RSG--for the equivalent of three good but not perfect games, you can get a very well made and highly sought-after game that you may possibly love.
But I got this kind of a game for around 30 bucks. It`s called Gradius V and it`s from Tresure too.....

PS: The graphics are much better, too :twisted: ...
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

i already have Gradius V. and for the record it is really nonsense to compare the two. sorry.
Tony Gradius

Post by Tony Gradius »

captain ahar wrote:i already have Gradius V. and for the record it is really nonsense to compare the two. sorry.
Depends on the point of view. Imo GV i great fun to me, wether RS never was.

PS: I didn`t compare Computer Space with Bingo, but two shmups with each other, so where`s the nonsense?
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

i love G5 (not as much as Gaiden, but i digress). i only say that because they are different in every way (it seems :wink: ). now i am going to shut up until i have actually played RSG (probably won't shut up but still).
Soldato J

Post by Soldato J »

Great taste in movies, Lost in Translation was great...

On the subject of Pop'n---
http://www.bemanistyle.com/forum/viewto ... 942b8a7aa3

Pretty much everything you need to know. I started off on Pop'n 10 with the small official Konami controller (Christmas) and will be getting my ASC (Arcade Style Controller) next week in the mail. This game has consumed me in a way I can't explain..all thanks to an innocent post by Shapermc in a Taiko thread on TNL.

By the way, the songs played in Lost in Translation were
Daydream (Pop'n 8 )
and
Kyougeki (Pop'n 8 and Pop'n 10).

If you like rythmn games (Frequency, Amplitude, Technic Beat, DDR), or better yet, keysounded Bemani (beatmania, beatmania IIDX, Guitar Freaks, Drummania) then you will love Pop'n Music.

I feel like I am handing you the key to Pandora's Box..

Good luck, and watch out! Pop'n is more addictive than crack.

edit: This place is my Shangri-La-- http://popnnavy.com/

I am user id ACE~

If you need to know more, pm
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

there goes more money :lol: ing :shock: