gs68

Re: Thunder Force V

Post by gs68 »

gs68 - 250,002,760 - ST6 - Route 1-2-3
ThunderForce 222

Post by ThunderForce 222 »

gs68 wrote:gs68 - 250,002,760 - ST6 - Route 1-2-3
Hey..Not bad..again for route 1-2-3 But seriously...The stage routes have to be taken 3-1-2 on NORMAL to be able to 16X everything at least in the first 3 levels. The reason is the mech monkey in WOOD stage can only be 16Xd with the NEEDLE (Hunter Crash) And to aquire the Hunter you must get it in NO BLUE. Stay on the left hand side as he comes into the foreground and make sure you are NOSE up on his RIGHT ARM (left side screen) The Let him have it. He should not even jump up to grab the vines. HOWEVER...3-1-2 is not the way that Thunder Force 222 attacks the Guardian's forces. It's 3-2-1. They fly out over the Pacific Ocean en route to Babel and are confronted by "The Messenger of the new god" DEEP PURPLE. So if you play on Master .3-2-1. The Highest youcan get from the monkey w/out the NEEDLE is 15X with the CHAIN (Free Range Crash) but oh well. I play the Saturn version ONLY, so it deosn't matter if I get a 16x or a 15x. Beating the game with FULL BONUS maxes the score out. 1,103,999,995. On you're war records if you have a max score..the numbers will appear to be glitched.

You can max out the PS version at 1,103,999,995. But It takes 3 1/2 hours, and NORMAL diifficulty is really the place to achieve this. I have done the trick on HARD but only took it up to like 8 mil. Forget it on MASTER!!! It's not IMMPOSIBLE but....hey if somebody maxes out TFV PS version on MASTER. I will bow down.
"AREA GUARD NAME, GUARDIANS KNIGHT--SUB-NAME--"FOR WHOM IS THE SWORD DRAWN?!"
gs68

Post by gs68 »

gs68 - 274,850,460 - ST7 - Route 3-1-2
gs68

Post by gs68 »

gs68 - 307,166,360 - ST7 - Route 3-1-2
ThunderForce 222

NOW!!!! That's what the fuck I'm talking about. Do you think you can de-throne me!!!!
ThunderForce 222

SFKhoa wrote:Thunder Force V, either for the Ps1 or Saturn, although I'm not sure if the scoring system is the same for both ports, but until someone disagrees, I'll keep all the scores in one table

...This is also my first time making a topic in the Hi-score thread so bear with me, folks.

Rules: like every other shmup, default settings, ZERO continues, 1 credit (quote Ghegs :D)

Code: Select all

SATURN version
   Name        Score        Stage        Route
NORMAL
1.       Icarus - 1,017,540,200 - ALL! - Route 3-1-2
2.     D-Ku A-M -   871,206,520 - ALL  - Route 3-1-2 
3.      tassian -   825,570,200 - ALL  - Route 3-1-2
4.        Franz -   810,528,040 - ???  - Route 3-2-1
5.     The Coop -   786,359,720 - ALL  - Route 1-2-3  
5.    alpha5099 -   763,310,280 - ALL! - Route 3-1-2
6. HeWhoGoverns -   759,150,920 - ALL! - Route 3-2-1 
7.        it290 -   745,426,920 - ST7  - Route 1-2-3
8.           jp -   684,123,040 - ALL  - Route 1-3-2

HARD
1.     The Coop -   693,073,920 - ALL  - Route 1-2-3 
2.    Kollision -   592,105,040 - ALL! - Route 1-2-3 

MASTER
1. ThunderForce - 1,439,999,999 - ALL! - Route 3-1-2
2.     The Coop -   659,081,920 - ALL  - Route 1-2-3

Code: Select all

PSX version 
----BLUE Gauntlet
NORMAL
1. ThunderForce -   716,644,765 - ALL! - Route 3-1-2
2.      EIHoppe -   527,287,885 - ALL! - Route 3-1-2 
3.    velocity7 -   521,576,125 - ALL! - Route 3-1-2
4.        Ghegs -   485,549,565 - ALL! - Route 3-2-1
5.     Cabinet! -   401.894.241 - ALL! - Route 3-1-2 
6.        sharc -   381,444,181 - ALL! - Route 1-2-3
7.         gs68 -   307,166,360 - ST7  - Route 3-1-2
8.       SFKhoa -   238,634,700 - ST6  - Route 3-1-2

HARD
1.        Ghegs -   423,552,041 - ALL! - Route 3-2-1

MASTER
1. ThunderForce -   779,717,835 - ALL! - Route 3-1-2

----RED Gauntlet
NORMAL
1.    velocity7 -   333,132,120 - ALL  - Route 3-1-2

The 'Normal' setting score I achieved for the PSX version would technically be 1,103,999,995. I hope that this is submittable also. Achieving this score is EXTREMELY time consuming, taking on average 3 1/2 hours of play during a single run. Also a high level of dexterity is required to achieve this game maximum score for the PSX version. In addition to that, I'd like to point out that my level selection for the MASTER level ranking on BOTH the Saturn and PSX versions is incorrect. My stage selection is "3-2-1" and not "3-1-2". I used that selection only for the NORMAL setting for the PSX version due to the contests rules & regulations.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

ThunderForce 222 wrote:The 'Normal' setting score I achieved for the PSX version would technically be 1,103,999,995. I hope that this is submittable also. Achieving this score is EXTREMELY time consuming, taking on average 3 1/2 hours of play during a single run. Also a high level of dexterity is required to achieve this game maximum score for the PSX version. In addition to that, I'd like to point out that my level selection for the MASTER level ranking on BOTH the Saturn and PSX versions is incorrect. My stage selection is "3-2-1" and not "3-1-2". I used that selection only for the NORMAL setting for the PSX version due to the contests rules & regulations.
I believe some proof is in order for scores in Thunder Force 5 and Thunder Force 6. The scores you are posting are surely impressive but without photographic evidence its hard to recognize. Just my thought.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
ThunderForce 222

Re:

Limbrooke wrote:
ThunderForce 222 wrote:The 'Normal' setting score I achieved for the PSX version would technically be 1,103,999,995. I hope that this is submittable also. Achieving this score is EXTREMELY time consuming, taking on average 3 1/2 hours of play during a single run. Also a high level of dexterity is required to achieve this game maximum score for the PSX version. In addition to that, I'd like to point out that my level selection for the MASTER level ranking on BOTH the Saturn and PSX versions is incorrect. My stage selection is "3-2-1" and not "3-1-2". I used that selection only for the NORMAL setting for the PSX version due to the contests rules & regulations.
I believe some proof is in order for scores in Thunder Force 5 and Thunder Force 6. The scores you are posting are surely impressive but without photographic evidence its hard to recognize. Just my thought.
My proof on the game MAX score for the psx version is........I was the winner of the 10,000$ contest put on by Working Designs back in 2000. My pics of my TFVI score with Rynex-R are on my Facebook...---Nathaniel Garza in Albany Oregon...My TFVI phoenix score is on youtube---http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEuQqzCQdWM Also my Pics of SYRINX score on maniac are in my myspace--Vic Viper/Nathaniel Garza. The moderator has seen those pics though....

And my SCORE is my second place on my ranking for master. The one posted here is my first place....

I don't make up stuff....although my scores and skill at ALL of the Thunder Force games are a bit hard to swallow.....so with that said---

THUNDER FORCE V---PSX---1,103,999,995---NORMAL---3-1-2.---End of story....
The area to achieve this score is the Guardian computer---Destroy the mainframe until the last mainframe is reached. Then stay there for 3 hours and destroy the YELLOW flame balls w/ CHAIN "Back Shot Overweapon" when they converge on you and the GREEN balls produced in front of you w/ Free Range. The Flame balls are 50,000 and the green balls set are 1,100,000. Stay here until your score is almost maxed out then destroy the Guardian. Fight the KHAOS/Guardian construct and make sure you have at least 1 hit left on your shield to obtain the Perfect Weapon bonus at the end. Good luck!!
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

ThunderForce 222 wrote:My proof on the game MAX score for the psx version is........I was the winner of the 10,000$ contest put on by Working Designs back in 2000. My pics of my TFVI score with Rynex-R are on my Facebook...---Nathaniel Garza in Albany Oregon...My TFVI phoenix score is on youtube---http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEuQqzCQdWM Also my Pics of SYRINX score on maniac are in my myspace--Vic Viper/Nathaniel Garza. The moderator has seen those pics though....

And my SCORE is my second place on my ranking for master. The one posted here is my first place....

I don't make up stuff....although my scores and skill at ALL of the Thunder Force games are a bit hard to swallow.....so with that said---

The area to achieve this score is the Guardian computer---Destroy the mainframe until the last mainframe is reached. Then stay there for 3 hours and destroy the YELLOW flame balls w/ CHAIN "Back Shot Overweapon" when they converge on you and the GREEN balls produced in front of you w/ Free Range. The Flame balls are 50,000 and the green balls set are 1,100,000. Stay here until your score is almost maxed out then destroy the Guardian. Fight the KHAOS/Guardian construct and make sure you have at least 1 hit left on your shield to obtain the Perfect Weapon bonus at the end. Good luck!!
I never said you made anything up but given the order of your scores, providing proof for everyone - not just the moderator, is a good idea. As far as calling for proof I believe my statement is pretty mild in terms of tone. All the same, thanks for your supporting evidence, it's appreciated and in the case of that TF6 video is also good for comparison/analysis.
ThunderForce 222

Re:

Limbrooke wrote:
ThunderForce 222 wrote:My proof on the game MAX score for the psx version is........I was the winner of the 10,000$ contest put on by Working Designs back in 2000. My pics of my TFVI score with Rynex-R are on my Facebook...---Nathaniel Garza in Albany Oregon...My TFVI phoenix score is on youtube---http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEuQqzCQdWM Also my Pics of SYRINX score on maniac are in my myspace--Vic Viper/Nathaniel Garza. The moderator has seen those pics though....

I never said you made anything up but given the order of your scores, providing proof for everyone - not just the moderator, is a good idea. As far as calling for proof I believe my statement is pretty mild in terms of tone. All the same, thanks for your supporting evidence, it's appreciated and in the case of that TF6 video is also good for comparison/analysis.
Since the Working Designs website went down...IT IS VERY hard to prove my achievements for TFV....que sera sera....I DO try to make vids for my gameplay..in fact I LOVE DOING IT!! But I am what they call a "perfectionist" and I want my vids to be perfect....and time is also a key factor for me...as is life...My TFV vid IS GOING TO BE EPIC...I want to create a vid that has story and the right soundtrack..so I never get the time to create a perfect vid...but then again I will be using the Saturn version ast is the superior version and not the PSX which is lackluster. And as far as my top Rynex-R score goes is..it is not the highest out there. That belongs to kodamansvid on youtube. So I feel as I do not own the top unless I beat his....mehhhh......
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Back on the scene. Was trying to find my copy of RayStorm but couldn't, so I played this instead.
Also tried to find my memory card containing all my TFV records, but no luck.

PS1 -> Normal -> Red
gs68 - 278887520 - ST7 - Route 3-1-2
ThunderForce 222

I was just looking at the SATURN scoreboards and noticed that my stage selection is wrong...I run 3-2-1
KimKas

Post by KimKas »

Hi all, new-comer here. I would like to enter my high score for TF V, Normal Mode on PSX version (using the OpenEmu emulator).

PSX - 404532941 - ALL! - Normal Mode - 3-1-2

Here's a screen-shot :

Question : is milking allowed ? This was my first serious attempt, I didn't one-life the game just yet but I am pretty close. If the scores included milking then I would have to review my own strategies but I believe it would be preferable to not go down that road. I am reading scores over 1 billion and I cannot see how that is achieved unless people resorted to milking.
ThunderForce 222

KimKas wrote:Hi all, new-comer here. I would like to enter my high score for TF V, Normal Mode on PSX version (using the OpenEmu emulator).

PSX - 404532941 - ALL! - Normal Mode - 3-1-2

Here's a screen-shot :

Question : is milking allowed ? This was my first serious attempt, I didn't one-life the game just yet but I am pretty close. If the scores included milking then I would have to review my own strategies but I believe it would be preferable to not go down that road. I am reading scores over 1 billion and I cannot see how that is achieved unless people resorted to milking.
Well, you have a keen perception of the obvious.
KimKas

Post by KimKas »

ThunderForce 222 wrote: [...]
Just meant to say that I won't be attempting to beat your score as it requires a mountainous amount of effort and time to achieve that.
azmun

Post by azmun »

After little over 30 hours in play time and on my 117th attempt, I finally beat the game. It's my first ever 1cc (not counting racers or fighters) and I never thought this achievement to be possible. Hard to describe the feeling--so surreal and satisfying. :shock: Not sure if I want to take a break or continue further while my knowledge and skills are still fresh.

In case the original poster would like to update, here's my entry on normal difficulty Saturn version:

azmun - 799,576,840 - All! - Route 1-2-3
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

azmun wrote:After little over 30 hours in play time and on my 117th attempt, I finally beat the game. It's my first ever 1cc (not counting racers or fighters) and I never thought this achievement to be possible. Hard to describe the feeling--so surreal and satisfying. :shock: Not sure if I want to take a break or continue further while my knowledge and skills are still fresh.

In case the original poster would like to update, here's my entry on normal difficulty Saturn version:

Pretty good score. Nice job.
ThunderForce 222

KimKas wrote:
ThunderForce 222 wrote: [...]
Just meant to say that I won't be attempting to beat your score as it requires a mountainous amount of effort and time to achieve that.
----LOLOLO!! Yes, that CAN be the case. As far as my score being able to be beat...it can't be "BEAT", but it CAN be "matched"....I maxed it out at 1,103,999,995 "This is the final SUmmary after End Game Bonus" and to achieve "Perfect Weapon" bonus, you MUST have at least 1 Hit left on your shield.
ThunderForce 222

Re:

Limbrooke wrote:
azmun wrote:After little over 30 hours in play time and on my 117th attempt, I finally beat the game. It's my first ever 1cc (not counting racers or fighters) and I never thought this achievement to be possible. Hard to describe the feeling--so surreal and satisfying. :shock: Not sure if I want to take a break or continue further while my knowledge and skills are still fresh.

Pretty good score. Nice job.
---- The Saturn ver. scoring system allows the pilot to achieve a game Max score with ease, especially on MANIAC. When Working Designs ported the game over to U.S. soil, they re-vamped the entire scoring system and there was a "hidden" scoring technique on all 3 forms of the Vasteel Original AND a "Hidden Multiplyer" WITHIN the Free Range ITSELF!!! The one hidden within the Free Range worked liked this: If you destroyed ANY enemy in the game in one of each of the 3 range sections within the targeting grid it would multiply it according to the grid range ie. If you destroyed an enemy that was 1000 point in the RANGE 1 Section, the total score acheived for destroying the target would be 3x that of the original score that it was worth, so that 1000p enemy was now worth 3000p and if it was an Hi-Tempo bonus it was 3x in Range 1 that of the x16 score---ie target is 1000 at base but 16,000 at x16 then if killed at x16 at Range 1, would make the final outcome 48,000!!!
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

Playstation Version Normal
Blue Gaunlet

PlasmaBlooD - 639,799,720 - ALL - Route 1-2-3

https://picload.org/view/rwpcpira/thund ... l.jpg.html
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

EDIT: New Thread for Scores - post them here