DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Satan
Banned User

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (Windows/PS4/Vita)

Post by Satan »

"A bleeding heart welcomes the sharks."
VanillaLucia

Post by VanillaLucia »

qmish wrote:If you remove vocals, it stays as decent jazz/breakbeat.
I feel that "Freedom" is a neat piece despite me not being very fond of jazzy music. My gripe with it at first was that the singer sounded like someone who would be better of singing a gospel or something along those lines. It's interesting to me that "Good-bye My Earth" was met with similar comments for what I can remember when it was so different from what used to be expected from Darius. I'm curious to see what else comes out of this in terms of new music, however.

I have no idea how to express being excited that there would be a Windows version of this game so I'll be eagerly awaiting its release.
amdiggywhut

Post by amdiggywhut »

Do we have an estimated release date yet?
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

VanillaLucia wrote:My gripe with it at first was that the singer sounded like someone who would be better of singing a gospel or something along those lines.
Gospel?!!

It's either my ears or your guys ears, cos I don't know what the fuck.

She's fucking terrible. I've heard cats in heat that hit better notes!
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

amdiggywhut wrote:Do we have an estimated release date yet?
Winter®
Skykid wrote:She's fucking terrible. I've heard cats in heat that hit better notes!
I agree. Should have gotten the vissionnerz singer back if they're still around.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
qmish

Post by qmish »

It's interesting to me that "Good-bye My Earth" was met with similar comments
Hm. :P Okay then. But i'd say that "Freedom" is more like a "song", while in earlier DB music vocals are more like another instrument.

My favourite tracks from everything related to Dariusburst are:

- Hinder Four (especially love drums there and overall tension, especially return to vocals after "melodic" part. It's Mirage Castle theme in PSP version.)
- Hello 31337 (incredibly epic and written by OGR. I only wish they extended guitar solo in Live Concert release)
- Hinder One (it's crazy and for some reason i feel like you're matador and boss is a bull. Also works awesome as "first boss battle encounter")
- Cylinder (for sad melodic guitar riffs)
- Trials and Tribulations aka Mortification of Flesh (iOS trailer theme. Outstandingly awesome. Reminds me Squarepusher's music. That moment when it looses drums and returns them back is inspiring.)
- Catabolism (Was one of new boss themes in Another Chronicle EX. Starts confusingly random but then you see it's beautiful and has it's structure. And vocal samples usage is pretty Darius-syle like it should be, changing from sudden "echoes" to actual singing. And of course rhythms are 5/4 or whatever)
- Syvalion Arrange Gold (very epic)
- No. 3 of Photosynthesis Suite (most ok part for me)
the vissionnerz singer back
Can please say to me, was that TAMAYO singing or another lady?
Rupert H

Post by Rupert H »

"Freedom" is completely in line with the rest of the Dariusburst series' music. The jazz/electronic fusion, the instrumentation, the key changes, and yes, the shrill vocals. I love it.

I do completely agree however that she butchers the performance. She's painfully out of tune for most of it.

That interview was pretty shocking too. The interviewer didn't really ask anything of interest and could barely muster a coherent question.
qmish

Post by qmish »

For a moment i thought that voice is vocaloid.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Rupert H wrote:That interview was pretty shocking too. The interviewer didn't really ask anything of interest and could barely muster a coherent question.
Was ridiculously short too. And who wants too listen to Mushihimesama music instead of an interview?
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
Rupert H

Post by Rupert H »

Yep, that was awkward. Let's sit uncomfortably and listen to music from a game that's been available since 2004. What a waste of Ikeda's time.
Observer

Post by Observer »

Rupert H wrote:Yep, that was awkward. Let's sit uncomfortably and listen to music from a game that's been available since 2004. What a waste of Ikeda's time.
Pretty much this.

No word on the port quality (is it upscaled from the 360? Is it the same? They said it was "based on" but that could mean a lot of things...) or other technical details. The footage showcased was poor as hell too... =/ And for Darius Burst, same deal. Very, very poor. Hoping that STG Weekly provides a much better (and needed) insight.

edit: lol, yes, that Freedom song enters the territory of "so bad it's good". I'm not sure the singer is actually attempting to sing, more like reading lines and only by the end she remebered it was a song.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Seconding "so bad it's good." The song may be the for the soldiers, or for the fighters, but probably not for the Darius fans!
Skykid wrote: For those that haven't played Burst, the audio is absolutely sublime. The OST is a gorgeous composition, up there with the best and certainly a contender for best of the series. You're in for a treat.
Burst, or AC(EX)?

I do like the Burst soundtrack, but I think the original Burst ost was a little lacking in personality (which is something I felt about all of the original Burst), at least in comparison to the OGR Darius soundtracks. I don't know how to describe it but it sounded too much like "laptop music."

I liked the Photosynthesis Suite though.

And I haven't played the game, so I am less sure how it melds with the game.
qmish

Post by qmish »

I don't know how to describe it but it sounded too much like "laptop music."
Sorry but i think that depends on your music tastes. For me, it's opposite. Original db ost >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PhotoSuite.
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

I topped it. My track only took 5 mins too.
"A bleeding heart welcomes the sharks."
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Regardless of the PS4 being retail or digital... I hope it gets localized to the States this Winter.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Satan wrote:I topped it. My track only took 5 mins too.
Ha ha, yours is pretty funny!

All of DB, both AC and EX is marvellous, and some of Photosynthesis Suite is just goddamn sublime. Like most games, this is music tied to the gaming experience, and owing to its until now arcade only status (excise PSP from this debate), I imagine a lot of you have listened to the tracks standalone.

Don't do that. I think there are very few game OST's that work as well without the game they're married to (and I don't want to start up that old argument, I'm just not the type to walk around town listening to game music - although there are rare exceptions.)

With CS you'll get to see how perfectly arranged the audio is to the visuals, stage length, lead-in to bosses and the boss battles themselves. Hello 31337 is just incredible any which way you listen to it, but when you hear its beat start kicking as Great Thing powers into the screen and heats everything up with a billion lasers, the meaning of the track is amplified tenfold.

Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

Satan wrote:I unlocked my creativity ENJOY https://soundcloud.com/lawrencehill/darius-burts-ost
This gave me a good laugh

"Charley says always tell your mummy before you go off somewhere.."
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
qmish

Post by qmish »

I think there are very few game OST's that work as well without the game they're married to
I can both agree and disagree.

"Agree" because, well, again, for example like my favorite Hinder Four absolutely amazing when you're firing at that boss and he rotates and you destroy his parts etc etc etc

"Disagree" cause i m huge fan of game soundtracks and actually listening to them more and more since 2012 and 70-80% of what i listened to is from what i never played. But i also always prefered instrumental music to songs and you may be some hard-rock lover or smth or whatever you are, people who don't listen OSTs as standalone albums
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

qmish wrote:
I think there are very few game OST's that work as well without the game they're married to
I can both agree and disagree.

"Agree" because, well, again, for example like my favorite Hinder Four absolutely amazing when you're firing at that boss and he rotates and you destroy his parts etc etc etc

"Disagree" cause i m huge fan of game soundtracks and actually listening to them more and more since 2012 and 70-80% of what i listened to is from what i never played. But i also always prefered instrumental music to songs and you may be some hard-rock lover or smth or whatever you are, people who don't listen OSTs as standalone albums
My range of tastes is fairly broad and constantly evolving, but I have a fondness for electronic music, which is very similar to game music in makeup despite the odd vocal accompaniment here and there. It's just better IMO since it's formed as music to be heard without a visual narrative and therefore more engaging on repeat.

As I mentioned, there are some game OSTs I've given time to outside of the game themselves... just not many and not for an extensive period.

1up

Post by 1up »

The hype died pretty fast didn't it? :|

I have a feeling this is going to be pushed to early 2016.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

^Well theres a TGS vid of it right now on the Japanese Playstation store and it's got a good amount of "likes" compared to other more mainstream series. I think theres a lot of good will for it here in Japan.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

1up wrote:The hype died pretty fast didn't it? :|

I have a feeling this is going to be pushed to early 2016.
Well, it's not like there's a whole lot to talk about yet. I guess we could start bickering about which platform is better, PS4 or PC (or *gasp* PS Vita).
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

From Neogaf:

The LE Vita versions are up for pre-order:
http://ebten.jp/p/4546098063108
http://www.chara-ani.com/details.aspx?prdid=C15A00050

The package includes the game, an art book and an arrange OST (12 tracks, 6 guest composers including Hiro).
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
1up

Post by 1up »

It says release date january 14 2016. confirmed?
KAI

Post by KAI »

Original Arrange Album HYPE!!
1up

Post by 1up »

WHAT!? Only Vita is getting a physical release?
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

I think this has been known since the beginning?
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

Will probably end up buying an import vita copy (maybe even the LE!) from rancor or playasia.

If a U.S. release comes out I'll download the PS4 version, although if worst comes to worst I could make a JP PSN account.

I just hope that there aren't any significant gameplay differences between the vita and ps4 version...