Re: Caladrius & Caladrius Blaze

Post by Mero »

Yeah, congrats on the quick clear.
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

Caladrius Blaze, Evolution
Aquas - 65,287,650 - ALL - Sophia - Default

Thanks guys yeah, familiarizing with the bosses is essential. It got me these quick clears for sure.

This run was last bomb last life, got the heart goin' lol. Was just bomb spamming at the end haha.

The external mission with all the green forestry is pretty awesome ^.^

Pic: http://t.co/riljVM3fbR
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

Here's the footage from my Caladrius Blaze stream for anyone who's on the fence or so about this game. I do a bit'a practice and few 1cc attempts in Arcade and Evolution mode. I also explain the basics and stuff to to the best of my knowledge.
Only posting this because I know footage is a bit bare on the game still. As far as I know..

http://www.twitch.tv/aquas_/c/6768734
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

Caladrius Blaze, Evolution
Aquas - 98,212,740 - ALL - Kei - Default

Twitch highlight: http://www.twitch.tv/aquas_/c/6786741
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

^Nicely done

That kind of score on default Kei takes a lot of work. I haven't played in forever, I should give it a few credits...
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

Game gets pretty intense! I must admit. It's quite fun and the resource management of the game really sits well with me. Moving away from Kei to the other chars for more 1cc scores. Default config all the way!
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

By the way, last year you mentioned wanting to do something with Caladrius on STG weekly. Is there still interest in that?
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

Certainly. I can record footage myself now. What we needed was footage. If you have some replays that are nice quality it's definitely a possibility.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

So I guess... nobody bought the Western release :(

I'm gonna do a dump of scores later, but is there really any point if I'm the only one here? I took the 1.10 Normal defult record, Evolution Very Hard default record, Blaze Boss Rush Very Hard default record, and a mediocre clear of Blaze Normal Boss Rush default.

I hope the incoming PS4 release brings more people in if it ever actually materializes, but somehow I doubt it will.
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

ACSeraph wrote:I'm gonna do a dump of scores later, but is there really any point if I'm the only one here?
This is exactly how I started feeling about Ginga Force - Score Attack on Hard. I managed to get the #1 spot on all Hard leaderboards and then kept pushing the scores for a while but eventually I kinda felt like what's the point, I'm pretty much the only one in the world playing this game. At that point you kinda need to have another goal that you strive for.

How about recording a doujin superplay of Caladrius, ACSeraph? :) That would be awesome!

EDIT: Re-read my post and realized that I started rambling so deleted some stuff lol
Last edited by pestro87 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noid

Post by Noid »

ACSeraph wrote:So I guess... nobody bought the Western release :(

I'm gonna do a dump of scores later, but is there really any point if I'm the only one here? I took the 1.10 Normal defult record, Evolution Very Hard default record, Blaze Boss Rush Very Hard default record, and a mediocre clear of Blaze Normal Boss Rush default.

I hope the incoming PS4 release brings more people in if it ever actually materializes, but somehow I doubt it will.
What do you mean nobody bought the western release? Was it released in Canada? Or do you mean a publisher?

I'm still playing the game on and off, and have the ability to record gameplay, though I'm sure I'm not near as good as you. Would be happy to make some videos if there's interest.

I wrote a trophy guide focused on getting the trophies on the PS3 version on the other forum I frequent, and I included a few videos there: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/foru ... admap.html
Mero

Post by Mero »

Noid wrote: What do you mean nobody bought the western release? Was it released in Canada? Or do you mean a publisher
He means no one's posted any scores. And neither have I, yet :oops:
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

pestro87 wrote:
ACSeraph wrote:I'm gonna do a dump of scores later, but is there really any point if I'm the only one here?
This is exactly how I started feeling about Ginga Force - Score Attack on Hard. I managed to get the #1 spot on all Hard leaderboards and then kept pushing the scores for a while but eventually I kinda felt like what's the point, I'm pretty much the only one in the world playing this game. At that point you kinda need to have another goal that you strive for.

How about recording a doujin superplay of Caladrius, ACSeraph? :) That would be awesome!

EDIT: Re-read my post and realized that I started rambling so deleted some stuff lol
I feel you man, I remember when you were putting in all that work on Ginga Force. I agree on the goal thing too, I need to switch it up. It's just that I really love this game. I play for my own sake, I just wish more people would give it a chance and experience it. I want to share this game with everyone here.

I do intend to make videos eventually, demonstrating high level techniques and scoring, but I dont currently have the equipment. If the PS4 version actually happens I'll starts streaming and uploading. What about you, ever thought of writing ST Ginga Force? I actually got the game recently, but it can be a bit obtuse (like Caladrius). A proper ST may drum up more interest.
Noid wrote:I'm still playing the game on and off, and have the ability to record gameplay, though I'm sure I'm not near as good as you. Would be happy to make some videos if there's interest.

I wrote a trophy guide focused on getting the trophies on the PS3 version on the other forum I frequent, and I included a few videos there: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/foru ... admap.html
I think there is definitely a place for more intermediate videos. For new players Superplay level vids may be less helpful, because some of my techniques are incredibly risky and difficult to execute. There are much safer methods for newer players and it's worth showing them off. Any exposure for this game would be good honestly.

Also, your trophy guide is relevant to the ST, would you mind if I linked it there?
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Caladrius 1.00 - Story mode

Zaarock - 30,900,180 - 6 - Alex - Default
highlight

Picked this up yesterday. going for story & boss rush clear with Alex. The difference between no-bombing and just using one on bosses is crazy, they're so powerful. Stage 5 boss is fun. BTW 1.10 seems to have some character balance changes too.. for example Alex' shield is much larger. Avoiding it because of the nerfed enemy patterns though
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

^Damn you've already hit the final stage with Alex default in a single day of play!? I sense a huge competitor approaching fast. Alex is rough, probly the worst character, so I imagine you would dominate hard with the others.
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

ACSeraph wrote:
pestro87 wrote:

I feel you man, I remember when you were putting in all that work on Ginga Force. I agree on the goal thing too, I need to switch it up. It's just that I really love this game. I play for my own sake, I just wish more people would give it a chance and experience it. I want to share this game with everyone here.

I do intend to make videos eventually, demonstrating high level techniques and scoring, but I dont currently have the equipment. If the PS4 version actually happens I'll starts streaming and uploading. What about you, ever thought of writing ST Ginga Force? I actually got the game recently, but it can be a bit obtuse (like Caladrius). A proper ST may drum up more interest.
I can certainly relate to "I want to share this game with everyone here." :) I feel like you've done a great with that so far with Caladrius. It's an underrated game by shmups-farm standards so it's great to see you carry the torch. Glad to hear that you're still enjoying the game! I think I'll try and give it a whirl around Halloween :) Haven't played it since it was new and I never put much time into it.

Ah I see, right, I forgot about that - this game doesn't upload the replays along with your score, right? I was thinking that worst case, you could have someone else record the runs and send the videos to you via dropbox or something but that's not going to work if the replays aren't uploaded onto the leaderboards.

Thanks, yeah I do have some ideas. I didn't mean to sound negative about the goal thing (probably shouldn't have deleted my rambling lol). What I meant to say was that for me, I had to take a break from Ginga Force to figure out where to go from here. I still really like the game but I felt like I needed to have a long-term goal in sight. I eventually came to realize what I want to do with Ginga Force.

Yes I've been meaning to write a ST guide for Ginga Fore for a while now. It's probably going to be a massively long guide though since there's a lot to cover lol. However, I feel like it really needs to be documented since we barely scratched the surface on the STGWeekly episode (I have also managed to improve my PB quite substantially since then).
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

ACSeraph wrote:So I guess... nobody bought the Western release :(

I did, lol...and better...(you should check some of my 1.10 scores from the in-game leaderboards, and I plan to add more in the 360 version, lol.)

Anyways, here's my 1.10 standings on Normal for both modes (360 version), sorry ACSeraph, but I had to, almost at the Normal 1.10 top position, lol.

Story:
NeoStrayCat - 50,772,740 - All - Caladrius - Kei1/Sophia3/Kei3

Boss Rush:
NeoStrayCat - 6,121,860 - All - Caladrius - Lilith3/Sophia3/Kei3
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Ugh come on man don't make me play 1.10! :P

1.10 Boss Rush:
ACSeraph - 7,508,840 - All - Lilith - Default

^That's probly as good as it gets for Default Boss Rush with Lilith.

I'll make a more serious attempt at 1.10 Story tomorrow since you're throwing down the gauntlet and all hahaha, but I doubt Default will be able to keep up with Custom in the long run. Kei3 absolutely dominates scoring in this game. Also I recommend not using Caladrius, he's definitely not a good main shot choice for high level scoring.
Mero

Post by Mero »

I've kept the 1.01 scores seperate for now, from what I can gather it's different enough to warrant that, right?
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Mero wrote:I've kept the 1.01 scores separate for now, from what I can gather it's different enough to warrant that, right?
You mean 1.10, not 1.01, though yeah, I'm surprised you haven't done that sooner, but I don't mind. Its different enough to warrant separate version leaderboards from the 360 version. But yeah here's an update, one for the 1.00 and 1.10 Story Modes and 1.10 Boss Rush. Getting better! X3

1.00 Story Mode:
NeoStrayCat - 45,699,990 - All - Caladrius - Kei1/Sophia3/Kei3

1.10 Story Mode:
NeoStrayCat - 52,533,950 - All - Caladrius - Kei1/Sophia3/Kei3

1.10 Boss Rush:
NeoStrayCat - 7,848,110 - All - Caladrius - Kei1/Sophia3/Kei3

(Yeah, in short, 1.00 is a real pain in the ass considered to 1.10 balance, lol. And I rise to the top, both Normal 1.10 modes, lol. ACSeraph, can I savor the moment for a while, plz, I need my proof of victory, lol. X3)
Noid

Post by Noid »

ACSeraph wrote:
Noid wrote:I'm still playing the game on and off, and have the ability to record gameplay, though I'm sure I'm not near as good as you. Would be happy to make some videos if there's interest.

I think there is definitely a place for more intermediate videos. For new players Superplay level vids may be less helpful, because some of my techniques are incredibly risky and difficult to execute. There are much safer methods for newer players and it's worth showing them off. Any exposure for this game would be good honestly.

Also, your trophy guide is relevant to the ST, would you mind if I linked it there?
Please feel free to share my guide anywhere you like. :)
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Noid wrote:
ACSeraph wrote:

Please feel free to share my guide anywhere you like. :)
Ah, I see, anyways Noid, may I take some parts of it too, since I'll be doing an achievement guide for the 360 version on XBA, yeah, I know, the usual crediting will be mentioned too, lol. I know you said you can share it, lol.
Noid

Post by Noid »

NeoStrayCat wrote:
Noid wrote:Please feel free to share my guide anywhere you like. :)
Ah, I see, anyways Noid, may I take some parts of it too, since I'll be doing an achievement guide for the 360 version on XBA, yeah, I know, the usual crediting will be mentioned too, lol. I know you said you can share it, lol.
Where will your 360 guide be hosted?

EDIT: Missed the "XBA" lol.

Yeah of course you can use parts of my guide, no problem. Just wanted to check to see what user info you'd want to use (e.g. link to my PST profile, not this profile on here). :)
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Don't worry, I'll let you know over at PST, since I'm there too, lol. X3
Noid

Post by Noid »

NeoStrayCat wrote:Don't worry, I'll let you know over at PST, since I'm there too, lol. X3
Maybe you can tell me what's up with the English release? People keep talking like one exists, but I can't see it anywhere! I have the Asian version, but would love to get a full English one. Help a brother out?

I can understand the Japanese well enough to get by, but I'm slow at it! :P
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Noid wrote:
NeoStrayCat wrote:Don't worry, I'll let you know over at PST, since I'm there too, lol. X3
Maybe you can tell me what's up with the English release? People keep talking like one exists, but I can't see it anywhere! I have the Asian version, but would love to get a full English one. Help a brother out?

Well, only if you have a 360, and the only one that exists in full English is the digital release of it in the US and EU, no physical (except in JP).
Noid

Post by Noid »

NeoStrayCat wrote:
Noid wrote:

Well, only if you have a 360, and the only one that exists in full English is the digital release of it in the US and EU, no physical (except in JP).
Curse you and your Xbox getting games sooner! :x

Ah well. At least I'll be able to pick it up on PS4; for now I'll just continue to play the JP version! :mrgreen:
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

NeoStrayCat wrote: 1.00 Story Mode:
NeoStrayCat - 45,699,990 - All - Caladrius - Kei1/Sophia3/Kei3

1.10 Story Mode:
NeoStrayCat - 52,533,950 - All - Caladrius - Kei1/Sophia3/Kei3

1.10 Boss Rush:
NeoStrayCat - 7,848,110 - All - Caladrius - Kei1/Sophia3/Kei3

(Yeah, in short, 1.00 is a real pain in the ass considered to 1.10 balance, lol. And I rise to the top, both Normal 1.10 modes, lol. ACSeraph, can I savor the moment for a while, plz, I need my proof of victory, lol. X3)
Haha, nice job man. I wouldn't be able to get all that much higher with default Lilith I don't think. Her upper Limit is around 54 mil in Vanilla so I assume it's similar in 1.10. If you stick with Custom you should be able to pull quite a lot higher than that. I'm not really a fan of custom play and scoring; it's too clean. So I don't think I'll be coming after it anytime soon. Especially nice work on the Boss Rush score btw, I wasn't expecting you to be able to take that one.

For myself, I think I'm going to focus primarily on Evolution Very Hard at this point. I think I could take the overall #1 record if I can clean up my run.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Yeah, I try what I can, but anyways, since H2 Interactive has mentioned their release slate lately, it seems Blaze is coming over soon for PS4 around the holidays, and sometime next year for "PC", yes, its happening, lol.

Yay, more scores coming soon.
ookitarepanda

Post by ookitarepanda »

Alrighty. Finally stopped being lazy with screenshots so I've got a few scores from Caladrius Blaze to post. Pictures are linked below.

Original:
ookitarepanda - 49,630,400 - ALL - Caladrius - Noah2/Kei3/Sophia3

Evolution:
ookitarepanda - 118,477,210 - ALL - Caladrius - Noah2/Kei3/Sophia3

Arcade:
ookitarepanda - 82,085,810 - ALL - Caladrius - Noah2/Kei3/Sophia3