Atari System I Question

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Brian

Atari System I Question

Post by Brian »

I know this must be a very, very stupid question, but here goes. I cannot find the system test switch on the Atari System I board. Where in the blue hell is this switch? I want to take the game off of Free Play (Indiana Jones). I was told the switch is located by the volume knob, but of course, I don't see this either. I know this is a longshot getting the answer, but I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
SAM

Post by SAM »

Well the switch might not be blue in colour. And it might not even look like a switch after all.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
PC Engine Fan X!

At the '03 & '04 CAE show--shitload of Atari PCB manuals

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

If you attended either the 2003 or the 2004 California Extreme show, there were two ladies that were selling boxes and boxes of old Atari Games PCB manuals (including the Indiana Jones PCB, Marble Madness, Paperboy, Roadrunner, etc. that runs on the Atari System 1 platform). I was mainly looking for an original Atari Games Klax manual...I practically sifted through about 10-12 of them and it turned out, the Klax PCB manuals were in the last box. It was worth the hunt looking for one though. The price was 3 Atari Games PCB manuals for a mere $20 USD...a very good deal (considering most used USA arcade PCBs don't have the original instruction manual anyways).

At the 2003 CAE show, I spotted a rare Atari 1982 version arcade manual of Xevious but passed it up. Damn, should've gotten it when I saw it...it wasn't something a shmupper fan sees everyday, y'know? ^_~

I was hoping that the two ladies would be back selling the cool retro Atari Games arcade manuals at the 2005 CAE show but they didn't have such booth for that particular year. Perhaps, in 2006, they might return?

You could contact one of the guys whose in charge of putting on the California Extreme show, Mark Birsching (who owns an arcade game restoration business) -- (I'm sure he could get you in contact with someone who has an original Atari System 1 instruction manual of "Indiana Jones in the Temple of Doom" for sale) -- his e-mail address is: mbirsching(at)hifn.com

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
system11

Post by system11 »

The reason you can't find either of them - is because they aren't there. The volume control and test switch are behind the front access panel, to the left of the coin door. The amplifier is on the AR-III board in there, which is why you can't even see that on the PCB ;-)
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Brian

Post by Brian »

Thanks for the help everybody. I have since found the switch, which is exactly where bloodflowers said it would be. Thanks again!