Mecha Ritz

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Squire Grooktook

Mecha Ritz

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Mecha Ritz is a manic shooter where playing perfectly boosts rank, and bullet speed and your score along with it, to absurd levels. Clearing is not too difficult due to the large amount of resources the game gives you, but scoring well rewards players with an intense roller coaster ride like no other.

Download: http://www.freem.ne.jp/win/game/8513

Save file with all ships and starting ranks unlocked: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1i6O0 ... sp=sharing
*Warning: Using this save file will replace your scores with the ones I had at the time of upload.*

Scoring basics( since there's no GD or ST):
Spoiler
Every time you kill an item carrier, rank increases by 1. Destroying them via point blanking rewards double the item and increases rank by 2. Rank is also increased by survival time, collecting more resources with maxed out stock, killing bosses, etc.

Rank is lowered by taking a hit or bombing. Using a bomb reduces it only slightly, getting hit while you still have a shield reduces it slightly more, and losing a life reduces it significantly.

In addition, speed killing enemy waves results in extra enemy waves, which are worth more score as well.

Lastly, speed kill mini bosses and bosses for a time bonus. This is also nessecary to reaching the end of the game before the "Time" limit on the hud reaches zero, which will lock off access to the TLB.

There are probably more secrets to this game's scoring, but due to its relative obscurity, not a lot of information is available to us at the moment. Please share anything you might know.
Misc Notes on Dififculty and Ship Unlocks:
Spoiler
Mecha Ritz essentially has two difficulty modes, dependent on how high you set your starting rank on the title screen. If you choose a starting rank below 100, then 99 will be the maximum that rank can rise. If you choose a starting rank of 100 or greater, then 100 will be the minimum that rank can fall to, and rank will be able to rise indefinitely.

Starting rank and additional ships are unlocked by play time...I think.

Score Entry Format:

Code: Select all

Name - Score - Stage
Ship* - Starting Rank* - Highest Rank*
Fields marked with an Asterisk are optional, since the game doesn't keep track of them, and I don't expect everyone to remember or watch their replays to confirm.

High Scores:

Normal (Starting Rank < 100)

1. Akeru99 - 39,232,240 - ALL-V
   01 - 99 - 99

2. Squire Grooktook - 30,877,000 - ALL-V
   01 - 99 - 99

3. Erppo - 30,467,570 - ALL-V
   03 - 99 - 99

4. Shepardus - 26,677,490 - ALL-V
   01 - 99 - 99

5. microfolk - 25,441,220 - ALL-V
   01 - 00 - 99

6. pandoraXhunter - 25,421,900 - ALL-V
   01 - 99 - 99

7. Prinny - 25,062,590 - ALL-V
   03 - 99 - 99

8. KAI - 20.770.200 - ALL-V
   01 - 99 - 99

9. The Armchair General - 20,672,700 - ALL-V
   02 - 99 - 99

10. CSF - 19,845,000 - ALL-V
   01 - 78 - 99

11. Nifty - 19,502,820 - ALL-V
   01 - 00 - 8X

12.LordHypnos - 18,434,220 - ALL-V
   01 - 20 - 29

13.Zaarock - 17,120,820 - ALL-V
   01 - 43 - 97

14.immryr - 16,602,720 - ALL-V
   02 - 65 - not sure

15.DocHauser - 13,991,400 - ALL-V
   02 - 65 - 87

16.Despatche - 5,868,090 - ALL-CBP
   01 - 000 - ???

17. ---

18. ---
Hard (Starting Rank > 99)

1. Akeru99 - 148,098,000 - ALL-V
   01 - 120 - ?

2. Jaimers - 137,733,660 - ALL-V
   01 - 120 - 300 

3. Squire Grooktook - 83,482,750 - ALL-V
   01 - 120 - ????

3. ---

Last edited by Squire Grooktook on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:14 pm, edited 48 times in total.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Squire Grooktook

Re: Mecha Ritz

Getting this started:

Squire Grooktook - 18,365,520 - ALL + TLB

First time I beat the TLB on "normal" (rank under 100) difficulty. Don't remember what ship I was using. Will bring back a first time TLB clear on 100+ next.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Shepardus - 9,364,840 - ALL + TLB
Ship: 0
Starting Rank: 0
Highest Rank: 82

The game does save replays (accessible by pressing Z on one of your high-score entries), so if you really want to know the stuff that isn't displayed in the high-score table you could watch that.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Squire Grooktook

Shepardus wrote:The game does save replays (accessible by pressing Z on one of your high-score entries), so if you really want to know the stuff that isn't displayed in the high-score table you could watch that.
Oh cool, didn't know that. I'll probably keep those fields optional since it might be a pain for people to rewatch their whole replays to check.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Jaimers

Post by Jaimers »

Jaimers - 137,733,660 - ALL + TLB
01 - 120 - 300

Oh hey this game.
This game is cool.

Video
Squire Grooktook

Jaimers wrote: Oh hey this game.
This game is cool.
IT SURE IS

PS: I think I might upload and post a data file with max starting rank unlocked if possible once I unlock it.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

fighter 01 is great.

i think the "normal" mode (rank 00 to 99) should be a separate table, y/n? it's easy enough to remember what difficulty you started on, surely?
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Squire Grooktook

Despatche wrote:fighter 01 is great.

i think the "normal" mode (rank 00 to 99) should be a separate table, y/n? it's easy enough to remember what difficulty you started on, surely?
Yeah probably a good idea. People can just check their replay real quick to find out starting if they forget.

Only counter argument I can think of is that nobody will play "normal" (starting rank < 100) if they have hard (starting rank > 99) unlocked. But I'll leave it like this for now.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

thanks, hard mode is too scary for me

apparently unlocks are determined by all four values shown on the title screen: total play time, the Total Time Bonus Counter, and what i think are normal and tlb clears

oh, apparently the 100+ mode is called "hell mode" in the manual
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

I put the Mecha Ritz manual, fed through Google Translate, into a Pastebin here. It's surprisingly coherent for a machine translation, and goes into plenty of detail about the game's systems. Jaimers already summarized most of the important bits in the description to his video, but it's still worth checking out for more detail (for example, higher rank actually causes the game to progress faster, thus saving you time and helping you trigger the TLB).
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Squire Grooktook

Song Title: When I run out of toothpaste
Composer: HEY
Music boss 2.

Ha ha ha.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

all the new song names are really silly. the old song names were better, even if they were just named after the stages/bosses.

(mecha ritz is a remake of a dezaemon 2 game called mecha)
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Normal mode
Despatche - 5,868,090 - ALL-CBP
01 - 000 - ???

pretty bad

(i like ALL-CBP for fake final boss and ALL-V for real final boss, because the game does that)

fighter 03 is kind of an op version of fighter 00. i guess there are op versions for the other two types, and i think 00-01-02 ("weak) and 03-04-05 ("strong") should be split if true. i wonder if these types were meant for hell mode.

actually tbh i think all the fighters should be split, fighter 00~02 just keep getting better and better. fighter 00? slow yet needs pointblanking. fighter 01? fast, decent power. fighter 02? about as fast, wider range, crazy high power.
Squire Grooktook

How old is MECHA btw? I'd be interested to hear how much time passed between the original and remake.
Despatche wrote:
fighter 03 is kind of an op version of fighter 00. i guess there are op versions for the other two types, and i think 00-01-02 ("weak) and 03-04-05 ("strong") should be split if true. i wonder if these types were meant for hell mode.

actually tbh i think all the fighters should be split, fighter 00~02 just keep getting better and better. fighter 00? slow yet needs pointblanking. fighter 01? fast, decent power. fighter 02? about as fast, wider range, crazy high power.
Hmmm, Jaimers uses Blue Ship (Type 01 iirc) in his replay, and from what I've seen, it's better then the type 03-05 equivalent, which shoots a much stronger burst but doesn't do so nearly as rapidly. Some of the later types also feel kind of weak to me, though I may be playing them wrong.

What does everyone else think about the splits? I'm fine with it but I'm not sure.

On an off topic note, I was actually wondering about asking if Dangun Feveron with boards split for speed selection might be better, since a lot of people are put off by playing speed 4, and speed 1-2 can't really compete with 3 and 4.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

i think the original mecha came out in 2013.

hm, i don't know. it seems like fighter 03 is a clearly better version of fighter 00, at least.

the problem with that is if i start splitting for speed, i may as well split for everything else. now, i wouldn't have a problem with that--i've already been convinced to split batrider by character--but would anyone else?

got to veloce round 2 and died lol
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Tried ship 1 today. Requires more aggressive play than ship 0 because of its limited range on the focused attack and the lack of spread shot, but it pays off overall since you want to play aggressively anyway.

Shepardus - 19,308,900 - ALL-V
01 - 0 - 99

I would keep the scoreboards of all ships together, at least for now when there aren't so many scores. Might be worth splitting them apart if there's a lot of scores and some ships prove to be clearly better than others at scoring.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Prinny

Post by Prinny »

I don't think I spent enough time yet to unlock rank 100. Just dropping something I have.

Prinny - 22,690,710 - ALL + TLB
01 - 94 - 99

Screenshot
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

nice, i wonder how high normal mode can go

vote to rename hard mode to hell mode, thematic coolness
Squire Grooktook

Normal maxes out at 100 I think. Either that or 99.

Also cleared Hard/Hell mode, so got one of my own now:

Squire Grooktook - 53,820,000 - ALL-V
04 - 116 - ??(180 or something would have to watch replay)

Still haven't unlocked max starting rank, once I do I'll get to uploading that save file though.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

Some random Easy mode stuff:

Erppo - 30,467,570 - ALL + TLB
03 - 99 - 99
Squire Grooktook wrote:What does everyone else think about the splits? I'm fine with it but I'm not sure.
Split by every possible starting rank and ship for 720 different boards.
Squire Grooktook

lol

Did a normal mode score for fun

Squire Grooktook- 26,020,610 - ALL-V
04 - 99 - 99

Maybe I'll try to 1 life clear Normal sometime.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Shepardus - 21,541,520 - ALL-V
01 - 86 - 99

Still haven't unlocked hell mode :cry:

Edit: Did another two runs and finally unlocked rank 100. Also got a new score.

Shepardus - 25,871,300 - ALL-V
05 - 98 - 99
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Squire Grooktook

Shepardus wrote: Edit: Did another two runs and finally unlocked rank 100.
The true Mecha Ritz starts here.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Squire Grooktook

Managed to improve my score in hard/hell

Squire Grooktook - 83,482,750 - ALL-V
01 - 120 - ????

Highest rank was like 210 or something.

Also gonna upload my save file right now since I got max starting rank unlocked.

*edit* here we go

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1i6O0 ... sp=sharing

As it turns out, unlock data is stored in score.bin. As a result, be careful swapping this in as it'll replace all your scores with mine as of the time of this uploading lol.

Let me know if this doesn't work.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Man, hell mode is so much harder than normal mode, I'm still trying to get a clear. I've gotten up to the stage 4 boss but need to get less sloppy at all parts of the game.

I'm pretty sure 300 is the maximum rank attainable, by the way. Also, this is pretty useless info, but it counts as a deathbomb if you run into a bullet right as you get the invulnerability after killing an end-of-stage boss, and you get the deathbomb bonus.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Nifty

Post by Nifty »

Nifty - 19,502,820 - ALL-V
01 - 00 - 8X

I sure do love scorewalls hidden behind neverending TLBs
Live to fly, fly to live, it's all very orthodox
Squire Grooktook

Don't worry, the TLB is only a worry if you've pushed yourself a little too hard. Until you get to hard mode, she shouldn't be any trouble on your second or third credit.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Also if the TLB is taking a really long time it's probably because your rank is low, which makes your shot power low. The first time I faced the TLB I was at 0 rank for much of the fight, which made things easy (many bullets dissipate before they even reach you at that low rank) but very long.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Fun game. Will see what I think when I move on to Hell mode!

CSF - 19,845,000 - ALL-V
01 - 78 - 99
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Here's the best known score afaik: 202 million by 'sirubagan' w/ ship 02 & autofire could be useful for figuring out the scoring. The dev is working on another STG project with really cool art so far. I should play this proper & post some scores here.

edit: eh might as well put up my first clear

Zaarock - 17,120,820 - ALL-V
01 - 43 - 97

also story
Last edited by Zaarock on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.